Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I even support Aussies..;);)
I was up with Australian Flag and T Shirt in the Match at Hyderabad;);)
Got an autograph from Punter.:banana2:banana2

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is awesome. Bragging rights till' the next India Vs. Australia match comes along. Talk about having depth in your squads.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lucky also. :facepalm

Well done sid!:D

It was a good exciting series. After those two wins in Mohali and Delhi, we are seriously in the shot for the series. But the Hyderabad defeat really deflated us. One thing for sure is, we cant play like Australia if our team loses players to injury. Which means the bench strength that we boast about, is a waste and we need to work better on it. The rivalry has continued very well and I am just itching to see India visit Australia next. This is the rivalry that I'm most interested in.

Last edited:

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
I even support Aussies..;);)
I was up with Australian Flag and T Shirt in the Match at Hyderabad;);)
Got an autograph from Punter.:banana2:banana2

:confused: In india players are not allowed near the crowd! how did you get it?

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Well done sid!:D

It was a good exciting series. After those two wins in Mohali and Delhi, we are seriously in the shot for the series. But the Hyderabad defeat really deflated us. One thing for sure is, we cant play like Australia if our team loses players to injury. Which means the bench strength that we boast about, is a waste and we need to work better on it. The rivalry has continued very well and I am just itching to see India visit Australia next. This is the rivalry that I'm most interested in.

If you have the support of 1billion people and make billions in money!
You really cant blame luck mate!! bit coward actually!:laugh

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

WTF!!!!!!

Why is there no presentation ceremony??? Could have atleast had one indoors?
Shame on BCCI:mad:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
:confused: In india players are not allowed near the crowd! how did you get it?

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

If you have the support of 1billion people and make billions in money!
You really cant blame luck mate!! bit coward actually!:laugh

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

WTF!!!!!!

Why is there no presentation ceremony??? Could have atleast had one indoors?
Shame on BCCI:mad:

Thats your opinion. Atleast in two games, a single shot would have made a huge difference to the series result. Had India managed that one single shot in both games, the result would have been reversed (4-2 in our favor). But we would not have called it a 'thrashing' if that had happened. You guys won it well, okay. But it was far far away from a thrashing. And we are not finding excuses for our loss. We have accepted it. We are just arguing against your usage of the word 'thrashing' to feel happy about.

Luck doesnt look at how many supporters you have and the amount of people in your country. Luck does exist.

Highlander999

ICC President
Had India managed that one single shot in both games, the result would have been reversed (4-2 in our favor). But we would not have called it a 'thrashing' if that had happened.

Maybe you wouldn't have personally, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence. There are a certain core of members who would have been bouncing around rubbing it in the Aussies face (God help us if Yuvraj had hit those runs!!!) Calling it a thrashing would have been the least of it

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Thats your opinion. Atleast in two games, a single shot would have made a huge difference to the series result. Had India managed that one single shot in both games, the result would have been reversed (4-2 in our favor). But we would not have called it a 'thrashing' if that had happened. You guys won it well, okay. But it was far far away from a thrashing. And we are not finding excuses for our loss. We have accepted it. We are just arguing against your usage of the word 'thrashing' to feel happy about.

Luck doesnt look at how many supporters you have and the amount of people in your country. Luck does exist.

Really you wouldnt call it a thrashinG?

Would you happen to check timesnow.tv website of india's No 1 news channel???
Headline was like India disgraced, honour lost for india, india humiliated by aussies etc etc

You may try to think that this is not a thrashing but the indian media contradicts your opinion massively!!!

Regarding luck, am not saying that luck is dependent on the money or population . Am just saying that with all the money and a billion people to support how can you blame the series loss on luck :laugh

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Presentation ceremony did took place at a secret hide out.

We all witnessed it on TV, shame the Oz supporters couldn't catch a eye ;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Really you wouldnt call it a thrashinG?

Would you happen to check timesnow.tv website of india's No 1 news channel???
Headline was like India disgraced, honour lost for india, india humiliated by aussies etc etc

You may try to think that this is not a thrashing but the indian media contradicts your opinion massively!!!

Regarding luck, am not saying that luck is dependent on the money or population . Am just saying that with all the money and a billion people to support how can you blame the series loss on luck :laugh

Those media channels do not represent the ideology of the whole population. They are mostly in there to sensationalize things and earn money. Indian media does not represent the thinking of the Indian public. And when did the Indian media become gospel to you?:laugh

What does money and support have to do with performance? Can India buy all World cups and all series victories with the money and fan support it has? Again I said we are not talking about our series loss, but your idea of calling it a 'thrashing'. It was not a thrashing.

saisrini80 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Maybe you wouldn't have personally, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence. There are a certain core of members who would have been bouncing around rubbing it in the Aussies face (God help us if Yuvraj had hit those runs!!!) Calling it a thrashing would have been the least of it

Ok, I think I should give that to you. Maybe the old rivalry with Australia would have made some members do it.;)

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Those media channels do not represent the ideology of the whole population. They are mostly in there to sensationalize things and earn money. Indian media does not represent the thinking of the Indian public. And when did the Indian media become gospel to you?:laugh

What does money and support have to do with performance? Can India buy all World cups and all series victories with the money and fan support it has? Again I said we are not talking about our series loss, but your idea of calling it a 'thrashing'. It was not a thrashing.

Sorry but media is the representation of the majority of the population in most countries!

If just one TV decides to sensationalize it you can ignore it but how can you when all the channels literally prey on india's performance?

I know with money u cant buy WC... but if you have the money you can easily build up world class cricket structure in the country aided by best coaches etc and thereby improve the quality of cricket played rather than blaming it on luck :laugh

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Presentation ceremony did took place at a secret hide out.

We all witnessed it on TV, shame the Oz supporters couldn't catch a eye ;)

but then where are the pictures in cricinfo?

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

King Cricket

International Coach
Can someone please tell me on what basis you guys calling this series a "thrashing" for India? Seriously, this will rank as one of the best ODI series I've ever seen in my life!! Not a single match of the first five ODIs did turned out to be an one sided game! There were some stiff, nail biting competition in all of them which continued till the very end. How often do you see this in a 7 match competition? The only ODI where the Aussies actually "thrashed" us was the sixth one. And I'd just say that it was one bad day at the office. The scoreline simply doesn't reflect what type of a contest happened in this series. I would have said the same thing had India and not Australia won this 4-2 in a similar style like the Aussies. I doubt whether those who are saying that only one team dominated throughout this series have watched a single game here.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

if you have the money you can easily build up world class cricket structure in the country aided by best coaches etc and thereby improve the quality of cricket played rather than blaming it on luck

Wow! We played just one bad game and people have already started to question the Indian domestic system. Great! :sarcasm

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

If just one TV decides to sensationalize it you can ignore it but how can you when all the channels literally prey on india's performance?

CNN-IBN, Headlines Today, NDTV 24x7...did these channels "sensationalize" our defeat?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread