Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sorry but media is the representation of the majority of the population in most countries!

If just one TV decides to sensationalize it you can ignore it but how can you when all the channels literally prey on india's performance?

I know with money u cant buy WC... but if you have the money you can easily build up world class cricket structure in the country aided by best coaches etc and thereby improve the quality of cricket played rather than blaming it on luck :laugh

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

but then where are the pictures in cricinfo?

braguvaran added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

In India, the media 99% of the time does not represent the majority of the population. In India, money speaks the most powerful language, and people talk anything just for some sensational bytes and spice news.

However great a domestic system might be, there are a few instances where luck can favor you and not favor you. Having the best domestic system doesnt mean you win each and every series. What happened to Australia who have the best domestic system? Didnt they struggle with the retirements of Warne, Gilchrist, Hayden, McGrath, etc? Their fall in the last year or so was stunning, but now they seem to have rebuilt well (with enough experience for the newcomers under their belt).

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Can someone please tell me on what basis you guys calling this series a "thrashing" for India? Seriously, this will rank as one of the best ODI series I've ever seen in my life!! Not a single match of the first five ODIs did turn out to be an one sided game!There were some stiff, nail biting competition in all of them which continued till the very end. How often do you see this in a 7 match competition? The only ODI where the Aussies actually "thrashed" us was the sixth one. And I'd just say that it was one bad day at the office. The scoreline simply doesn't reflect what type of a contest happened in this series. I would have said the same thing had India and not Australia won this 4-2 in a similar style like the Aussies. I doubt whether those who are saying that only one team dominated throughout this series have watched a single game here.

Remember they are an Aussie Z team. So even a close series is considered a "thrashing" for India :sarcasm

The series was so close that a single shot in two games would have reversed the result in the opposite side by the same margin.

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can someone please tell me on what basis you guys calling this series a "thrashing" for India? Seriously, this will rank as one of the best ODI series I've ever seen in my life!! Not a single match of the first five ODIs did turned out to be an one sided game! There were some stiff, nail biting competition in all of them which continued till the very end. How often do you see this in a 7 match competition? The only ODI where the Aussies actually "thrashed" us was the sixth one. And I'd just say that it was one bad day at the office. The scoreline simply doesn't reflect what type of a contest happened in this series. I would have said the same thing had India and not Australia won this 4-2 in a similar style like the Aussies. I doubt whether those who are saying that only one team dominated throughout this series have watched a single game here.

King Cricket added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Wow! We played just one bad game and people have already started to question the Indian domestic system. Great! :sarcasm

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

CNN-IBN, Headlines Today, NDTV 24x7...did these channels "sensationalize" our defeat?

Again yes. Thrashing sounds OK if you look at the series scoreline and the fact that there were like 8 first choice players not playing!!! :laugh

Would you mind going through the previous posts??
When you have 4 wickets and 19 needed of 18 balls and a batsman batting at 175 and still lose the game you really cant blame it on luck mate!! :rtfl

Not much of the indian media fan are you!! HT headline was like even worse! :laugh

braguvaran added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

In India, the media 99% of the time does not represent the majority of the population. In India, money speaks the most powerful language, and people talk anything just for some sensational bytes and spice news.

However great a domestic system might be, there are a few instances where luck can favor you and not favor you. Having the best domestic system doesnt mean you win each and every series. What happened to Australia who have the best domestic system? Didnt they struggle with the retirements of Warne, Gilchrist, Hayden, McGrath, etc? Their fall in the last year or so was stunning, but now they seem to have rebuilt well (with enough experience for the newcomers under their belt).

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Remember they are an Aussie Z team. So even a close series is considered a "thrashing" for India :sarcasm

The series was so close that a single shot in two games would have reversed the result in the opposite side by the same margin.

Yeah your just Developing this into a meaningless argument here!
You are just saying that the indian media itself is a farce just because you dont like it!:facepalm

Aussie Z team??? Now come up with a reason trying to devalue the aussie injuries!:(

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Again yes. Thrashing sounds OK if you look at the series scoreline and the fact that there were like 8 first choice players not playing!!! :laugh

Would you mind going through the previous posts??
When you have 4 wickets and 19 needed of 18 balls and a batsman batting at 175 and still lose the game you really cant blame it on luck mate!! :rtfl

Not much of the indian media fan are you!! HT headline was like even worse! :laugh

braguvaran added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Yeah your just Developing this into a meaningless argument here!
You are just saying that the indian media itself is a farce just because you dont like it!:facepalm

Aussie Z team??? Now come up with a reason trying to devalue the aussie injuries!:(

So the Indian media are the best according to you and they always mirror the ideas and the tastes of the Indian people? So if the Indian media says "Aussies are moronic people and Ricky Ponting is the biggest buffoon in the whole world", they are right and that the whole of India feels the same?

Its not me. Its you guys who have been saying that this is Aussies C team,, D team, F team, Z team, etc. You guys have been so desperately trying to push your team down so much so as to make fun of India.

My argument is not meaningless. Its you who has been doing it. When I say something, you say something completely different and continue replying.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Wish I had power to close my thread to stop all non sense that has started to be posted. :facepalm

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I was at the stadium today and the atmosphere even at 5 in the evening with all the rain around was electric. Only about 1/4th had turned up at that time with the cyclone threat around and it would have been impossible to know whether the game was a dead rubber or a live game. This is why the game is what it is in India. People might make fun of us and say that we are effigy burners and stereotype us but we love the game.

Disappointed that we could not get a game in and frustrated at that because November is not when it should be raining in Mumbai! :doh The weather God needs to go back to his classes and get his weather patterns clear:rtfl.

King Cricket

International Coach
Wish I had power to close my thread to stop all non sense that has started to be posted.

Well I have given up. There's no point in discussing something with a person who is spouting constant nonsense and is hell bent on ridiculing India for losing what was one of the most closely fought ODI series I've ever seen.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well I have given up. There's no point in discussing something with a person who is spouting constant nonsense and is hell bent on ridiculing India for losing what was one of the most closely fought ODI series I've ever seen.

There are many of them who have come out of nowhere. Sad that people feel not supporting their home side is cool.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Gutted for Cockley, Holland and McDonald who all would have made their ODI debut and it would have been a great opportunity to see how they fare against a very good Indian batting lineup.

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
So the Indian media are the best according to you and they always mirror the ideas and the tastes of the Indian people? So if the Indian media says "Aussies are moronic people and Ricky Ponting is the biggest buffoon in the whole world", they are right and that the whole of India feels the same?

Its not me. Its you guys who have been saying that this is Aussies C team,, D team, F team, Z team, etc. You guys have been so desperately trying to push your team down so much so as to make fun of India.

My argument is not meaningless. Its you who has been doing it. When I say something, you say something completely different and continue replying.

Yeah am gonna stop replying now... you are not getting the point and are starting to flog! :facepalm

Ok, Indian team is the best in the world and only luck had prevented them from thrashing the aussie B team. And what bad cricketers aussies are, they should have lost this series!!! OK???? :sarcasm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gutted for Cockley, Holland and McDonald who all would have made their ODI debut and it would have been a great opportunity to see how they fare against a very good Indian batting lineup.

Yeah thats what I thought as well. Would've been awesome to see them take on India - imagine we had won that match as well :p

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Have a look at this like:-
nehra12-11-09-8937.jpg

You can't understand the language as its the news related to Hyderabad. Before the 5th ODI, Indian Cricketers were partying at JC Diwakar Reddy's Home.
Who is KC Diwakar Reddy??
A) A Politician of AP.
Praveen Kumar was found having Cigarettes and Nehera with Bhajji were part of Cocktail.:facepalm:facepalm
Its the link Here. Lucky, if you understand. But its TRUE..!!

Last edited:

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
* Brings the image over along into the 'Caption This' thread *

Aint' Bhaji looking like a gangster with his collar up and matching cap :p

Users who are viewing this thread