Australia's Tour of India - 7 ODI's

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Imagine a 5 test series against Bangladesh. It would be a disaster. Just read an article saying that the ICC is thinking of a Test Final between the top 2 ranked Test Nations every few years. That should be a 5 test series for sure!

I guess they are considering Martin Crowe's test championship formula seriously with a test semifinal and final. It would be great and it would make people sit up and watch test cricket that does not feature their home nation too (if the result impacts their home nation's progress).

But a 5-test series final? 3-test final would be enough.

P

pcfan123

That would be awesome. India vs South Africa 5 test series: 2 matches in SA, 2 in India, and 1 in a neutral venue...Australia?

:D

Yea thats probably how they would have to do the hosting or all at a neutral venue. Either way, I doubt it will ever happen, until we get rid of the 7 match ODI series and give the IPL a window, there will be no space in the calendar for a Test championship.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The 7 match ODI series' are a rarity these days. We have the India Australia ones and the Natwest Challenger trophy thing in England.

I think all ODI series should be triangular tournaments. Brings a new element of excitement with points, net run rate calculations and all that jazz... Plus it's more satisfying when you win the trophy.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The 7 match ODI series' are a rarity these days. We have the India Australia ones and the Natwest Challenger trophy thing in England.

I think all ODI series should be triangular tournaments. Brings a new element of excitement with points, net run rate calculations and all that jazz... Plus it's more satisfying when you win the trophy.

That keeps happening but too many of that and it'll get boring too and then people will ask for 1on1 bilateral series back. Its good to have a mix of things, 7 ODI series with one of our greatest rivals wasn't a bad thing to organize, its a different thing now the team sucked and got pwnd before the last match of the tourny.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Watson and Johnson have gone back home (not because of injury).

I am interested to see who will open with Marsh.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
First lets see if the match happens at all. There is a cyclone alert in Mumbai for the next few days.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Hussey should open in today's match. It will give him a chance to score a century, after long time.

Last edited:

Robelinda

International Coach
Not looking forward to the Indians mauling Jon Holland, boy is he in for an initiation.

Maybe with all the pressure off Sehwag will go nuts. Seems to me in this series he doesnt have much of a gameplan against our bowlers, he just waits for something wide. He does get bowled quite a lot, but not test cricket. He plays so straight and beautiful in tests. Always looks like he is trying too hard to play square of the wicket in one dayers.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
1 Shaun Marsh - A/B player
2 Adam Voges - B player
3 Ricky Ponting - A player
4 Cameron White - A/B player
5 Michael Hussey - A player
6 Andrew McDonald - B/C player
7 Graham Manou - C player
8 Clint McKay - B player
9 Jon Holland - C player
10 Doug Bollinger - B player
11 Burt Cockley - C player

It really is a B side now

Params7

International Cricketer
Its been raining in Mumbai since a day now..looks like this dead rubber might be washed out.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Storm warning in Mumbai. This game is over.

Change your plans. :p

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing the current situation about the weather i think the match will be called off. It's blowing winds like anything here and a cyclone warning too, resulting schools,offices to shut down.
:(

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Seeing the current situation about the weather i think the match will be called off. It's blowing winds like anything here and a cyclone warning too, resulting schools,offices to shut down.
:(

wouldnt mind the game being called off!!!

4-2 is still a thrashing! :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread