22nd Match, Group E: England v New Zealand at Gros Islet

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I wonder whether Australia will alter the way they bowl for these conditions. They can probably afford to experiment in the next game, but they can't afford to be wrong in the semi.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Morgan is a beast. We've unearthed a potential genius here. He's the perfect player on paper. Excellent against spin, solid in defence and has the power to clear the boundaries all round the wicket. Been so, so impressed by Eoin Morgan.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I wonder whether Australia will alter the way they bowl for these conditions. They can probably afford to experiment in the next game, but they can't afford to be wrong in the semi.

Wish they dont (especially if India beat Sri Lanka by the margin that they need to):D. Australia would feel better facing India in the finals (if India qualifies) because the final is at Barbados (India's nightmare ground so far).

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wright's impressed me too. He's gone from just being a big hitter, to looking like he could be a solid International batsman in the limited overs forms of the games. He's played some very mature innings thus far.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It looks like slipping away from New Zealand. These two are batting very well, and it looks so easy. England still have guys who can stay in there and steer them home (Broad, Swann).

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yeah, been impressed with Wright too. I was worried about our lower order, but alongside Morgan, Wright has been excellent. His career T20i stats still look pretty poor, but he's shown notable improvement in the last year. Used to look like he was mindlessly slogging, but he's clearly put the work in, and looks a much better player for it.

Huge over that. 3 boundaries; takes the required rate to just over 6, with 33 needed from 5 overs. Should take this from here.

King Pietersen added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

:laugh Looks like we jinxed Wright. He's gone, hopefully it'll be Yardy at 7. Bresnan is a mindless slogger.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Morgan is amazing. Seems like England have unearthed a seriously good player, especially for the shorter formats.

Oops... Wright OUT!!!

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think we still finish top if we lose by less than 30 or something, so in that respect, we're pretty much there. Should still win from here though.

D

Dutch

I think we still finish top if we lose by less than 30 or something, so in that respect, we're pretty much there. Should still win from here though.

With a RR of not more than 6 and a half it should be easy but this is England, we never do things easy!,

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I think its England's game from here on. NZ have left it too late. 16 from 20 balls is a canter from here. Pakistan must be delighted. Even though they will face Australia in the semis, they should be happy making the semis from here

Advance congragulations to Pakistan fans. Hope we can make it too and see if we can set up the Asian rivalry final with you guys again

Users who are viewing this thread