Mar 4 - Bangladesh vs West Indies

Bangladesh should try some other sport, cricket is not for them, its good for the world of cricket if we get another test nation like Ireland or Netherlands. Giving test status to bangaladesh was the biggest mistake ICC ever made

Yes, it was the biggest mistake.:rolleyes

Bangladesh had recently won a series against New Zealand. They made a high score versus India and then a bad performance and then you all pounce upon them.

Ireland can never replace Bangladesh as a test nation ATM. Although that may happen in the future. And Netherlands getting a test status, seriously?:rolleyes

Too much of :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

On a serious note - Enough chances given but an innings like 58 all out is not expected from Bangladesh that too in front of West Indies

they are in a difficult spot, teams collapse, it happens. in the last couple of years england, australia, pakistan and the windies all suffered terrible collapses. it's not just bangladesh that would consider this pitiful, holland, canada, kenya would consider this poor.

bangladesh should be performing better, but as they don't perform to a high enough standard the rest of the time it's difficult to put this down to a one off. it is their lowest score ever, it's not indicative of their batting ability.

that is not to make excuses, it was an abysmal display, doing all the no-no's of batting, chasing shots, prodding, playing across the line, then failed to defend to rebuild, then failed to slog some bonus runs.

they seem to still lack some fundamental aspect of batting. Look at pakistan, their side has been chopped and changed in all formats, with debuts handed out near enough every series for the last couple of years, and despite some of them obviously being out of their depth they still all displayed the rudimentaries. Why aren't bangladeshi batsmen grasping these?

Too much of :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

On a serious note - Enough chances given but an innings like 58 all out is not expected from Bangladesh that too in front of West Indies

You have forgotten England, who let Ireland to rip them.

Also Australia, New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan, Kenya all have declined much. Also England are having a 50 over nightmare.

Bangladesh getting 58 is overshadowed by the fact that Ireland got above 300 versus England.

Recently Australia has also declined, although it is still dominating the 50 over game.

Also Australia, New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan, Kenya all have declined much.

Really ?? Because i thought Australia were 12 points clear at the top of the ICC rankings and came to the WC on a serious high beating England 6-1 inspite of so many injuries in their squad :rolleyes

Absolutely pathetic performance by the so called "contender".

ICC, please strip BD of test status.

Kevin O'Brien > Bangladesh Cricket and their fans. (This does not include me :p) I only support BD when they're playing India :)

Wtf is going on??!! Just came home and saw the score :eek:

I didn't even realise it had kicked off, would never have guessed it would be over in less than 50 overs (total) :eek:

I think that's a lot more embarrassing than us losing to Ireland, not sure Ireland are solid enough to play Test cricket, but Bangladesh haven't made a whole load of progress in 10 years so who knows (for sure)

I bet Smith is kicking himself missing out.

Cricket Records | Records | World Cup | Lowest totals | ESPN Cricinfo

Lowest totals Team Score Overs RR Inns Opposition Ground Match Date Canada 36 18.4 1.92 1 v Sri Lanka Paarl 19 Feb 2003
Canada 45 40.3 1.11 1 v England Manchester 13 Jun 1979
Namibia 45 14.0 3.21 2 v Australia Potchefstroom 27 Feb 2003
Bangladesh 58 18.5 3.07 1 v West Indies Dhaka 4 Mar 2011
Scotland 68 31.3 2.15 1 v West Indies Leicester 27 May 1999
Kenya 69 23.5 2.89 1 v New Zealand Chennai 20 Feb 2011
Pakistan 74 40.2 1.83 1 v England Adelaide 1 Mar 1992
Ireland 77 27.4 2.78 1 v Sri Lanka St George's 18 Apr 2007
Bermuda 78 24.4 3.16 2 v Sri Lanka Port of Spain 15 Mar 2007
Namibia 84 17.4 4.75 2 v Pakistan Kimberley 16 Feb 2003 ODI
Sri Lanka 86 37.2 2.30 1 v West Indies Manchester 7 Jun 1975
Ireland 91 30.0 3.03 1 v Australia Bridgetown 13 Apr 2007
England 93 36.2 2.55 1 v Australia Leeds 18 Jun 1975
West Indies 93 35.2 2.63 2 v Kenya Pune 29 Feb 1996
East Africa 94 52.3 1.79 2 v England Birmingham 14 Jun 1975
Zimbabwe 99 19.1 5.16 2 v Pakistan Kingston 21 Mar 2007

WTF Bangladesh should not even host cricket matches. Bloody uncivilized and illiterate people. Even Indians fans don't do these kind of stuff to their players.

Disgraceful. We shouldn't really host anything. People here cannot take defeat and 'The fans had mistaken WI bus for Ban bus?' Wow, it is just a game, get over it. Crowds' behavior in the SC is ridiculous really, bar in some cities like Chennai.

----------

Even Indians fans don't do these kind of stuff to their players.
I'd bet everything for them to do that if India lose that badly. They burn effigies and stuff, so they can go that far too. You never know.

This is disgraceful, never expected this from the Bangladeshis. It's just a game and you need to understand that, throwing stones and such stuff is certainly not acceptable.

I'm loving the tweets of Chris Gayle, truly justified.

I know the kind of people that remain outside the stadiums here. They are mostly homeless, they eat/smoke/drink in the cheap dirty tea stalls and live there as well. They think Bangladesh can win the world cup for them and they can become rich but that's never gonna happen. How pathetic! This country should never host such prestigious event in the future.

----------

I'd bet everything for them to do that if India lose that badly. They burn effigies and stuff, so they can go that far too. You never know.

They would at least have the sense to realize which is the opposition team bus :rolleyes

I only support BD when they're playing India :)

In that case you must be a very sad person as India always humiliates BD. Did you see the way the crowds abandoned the stadium after BD was bundled out so measly .... heh contenders indeed :D

Users who are viewing this thread