Mar 17 : England vs West Indies

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
How did we pull that out of the bag?

Incredible.

Absolutely. Can't beat Ireland or Bangladesh, but can beat West Indies and South Africa from seemingly dead and buried - with just four bowlers today as well!

Played a proper spinner and fair play, Tredwell did the business with no games before in the competition. Bopara bowled well, important difference between him and the likes of collingdeadwood, shight and yardystick is that he took wickets and maintained the pressure.

I think this might just be a temporary reprieve, although if we avoid Australia which a South Africa and India win could achieve.

Of course this group is so haphazard you never know, South Africa could "throw" the game against Bangladesh and conceivably still finish top!

Sureshot

Executive member
If we end up with NZ/Pakistan in QF I'll be happy. Though really, given how we've played, just reaching QFs is good enough for me.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
I don't watch much England Domestic Season.

So I want to ask English supporters here, England don't have any leg spinner or left-arm spinner?

adil rashid
monty panesar
danny briggs
scott borthwick
vikram banerjee
ian blackwell
samit patel

don't worry about us we've got plenty of useful players

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Footie might be the more popular sport but, the National Sport of England is Cricket.

Anyone who thinks that Cricket is the national sport of England is ignorant of the facts regardless of how it has been traditionally seen.

By law Football is protected so that it must be shown on terrestrial television in the form of the FA Cup, World Cup, European Championship and is easily the most popular sport in the country. Cricket isn't shown on terrestrial television at all. Under what circumstances would that suggest Cricket is our national sport.

On looking around there is no evidence that I can see which would still support the view that cricket is the national sport of England, other than newspapers using the term.

Football is the past time of England followed by Rugby and then Cricket.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
England seem to have a happy hunting at Chennai. Both their major victories this tournament against good sides (SA, WI) have come in Chennai. Hope Chennai continues to give India a good hunt as usual too

ferg512

International Coach
Damn West Indies should have won that one. If they wanted they probably could've bowled them out for 190 odd. I cant really see Bangladesh beating SA, although they did at the last WC. What happened to Chanderpaul, is he injured?? They really were missing him and Bravo in the middle order.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
England should get through now which means they could be a real pain in the ass in the next round. They haven't lost a match to the top 8 test sides and that is all they will be playing for the rest of the tournament unless Bangladesh plan on making the final.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Anyone who thinks that Cricket is the national sport of England is ignorant of the facts regardless of how it has been traditionally seen.

By law Football is protected so that it must be shown on terrestrial television in the form of the FA Cup, World Cup, European Championship and is easily the most popular sport in the country. Cricket isn't shown on terrestrial television at all. Under what circumstances would that suggest Cricket is our national sport.

On looking around there is no evidence that I can see which would still support the view that cricket is the national sport of England, other than newspapers using the term.

Football is the past time of England followed by Rugby and then Cricket.

I think he means officially, not popularity-wise.

National sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ha..this morning when i left for school & saw they picked Wright & Tredwell i was utterly distgusted & ranting how Andy Flower crazy tactical experiments starting from the axing of Davies, had hit rock bottom.

So to see them play leading roles in this win is quite pleasing. Hopefully this innings could be turning point in Wright's career also.

Still not totally convinced about Tredwell's long term suitability as an international bowler however though.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I think he means officially, not popularity-wise.

National sport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you are wrong. Cotswold Olimpick Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shin-Kicking.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread