Mar 2 - England v Ireland

birkolifer

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fantastic for Ireland and fantastic for the World Cup. It has thrown Group B wide open and given the associates a shot in the arm.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
What really bothered me was the England team's body language. I mean sometimes they looked panic on the field so is the captain. When Strauss dropped the catch of Kevin O Brain, I said instantly that Struass hasnt dropped a catch, Infact he has dropped the Match or possibly the World Trophy.

Eoin Morgan is a fantastic player. He reminds me of Hussey

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
If only the ICC would put in the investment in to Irish cricket that it has in to Bangladeshi cricket, I think Ireland stand a far better chance of establishing themselves within the Test Elite in 15-20 years than Bangladesh.

I doubt there is very much the ICC could provide anything the irish need in comparison to BNG. The irish per capita wealth is about 50 times the bangladeshi one and the spectator interest in ireland is minimal, any kid in ireland wants to play cricket he's going to learn with an adidas bat at cricket club while a large number of kids in bangladesh are learning with bits of wood and rocks.

there is other aspects like the fact the irish would not contribute much in sponsorship angles (no one in ireland cares) or tv deals, but at the heart of it, on a humanitarian sense, I'd rather the money went to a poorer country trying to develop itself than a fully developed that already played several sports on an international level.

Params7

International Cricketer
*checks cricinfo after 2 days to confirm the obvious results vs minnows*

Oh my god.

I want Ireland to win the WC now. :D

HIGHLIGHTS HIGHLIGHTS HIGHLIGHTS

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Well I said coming into the World Cup that England would lose to Bangladesh in the first round, but they've had even more of a shocker and lost to Ireland.

There was so much hype after their Ashes victory about their World Cup chances, but everyone forgot that they're still very average at ODI cricket, which was shown when they lost 6 - 1 to Australia.

----------

Over/under on days till Kevin O'Brien plays for England?

I'd put it at 25.

The real question should be, how long is it until England have no players in their ODI top six that were born in England?

This is a very realistic possibility in the next year or so:

Struass
Kieswetter/N O'Brien?
Trott
KP
Morgan
K O'Brien

Their bowlers are all born in England as far as I know, so I can't see them playing a whole XI of imports.

Params7

International Cricketer
It would suck massively if Ireland lost O Briens. Its stuff like Ireland v England that gets kids playing cricket in schools who only grow up to be exported. Ireland needs to secure test status by next 2-5 years with its current players. They are a very decent ODI team from the looks of it (BD is a test nation and it was a close game, and this was a 1-man wonder but still Ireland is really the next contender for Test spot).

Brook

Club Captain
The worst part of this defeat surely has to be the Irish players' hair. I mean, imagine being beaten by that.

Sobi

Banned
This is so funny!! Didn't Andrew Straus say we can beat India any day of the week? I think its time for him to decide if they can beat Ireland any time of the week and then think about India. They win one series of Ashes and then get over confident and start talking trash about other teams. Ireland showed you your place in cricket. Stay there now!

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Didn't Andrew Straus say we can beat India any day of the week? I think its time for him to decide if they can beat Ireland any time of the week and then think about India.
Gough it was, but well said dude. I agree that England got way too confident after that Ashes victory.

Gurjot95

National Board President
England looks like the only team in this WC who are getting trouble by minnows. In warm up, the had to struggle to win against Canada and then match came too close against Netherlands and now this lost to Ireland. I am afraid, they are playing like minnows or they are changing their standard by the opposition they play.

Users who are viewing this thread