Mar 6 - England v South Africa

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I actually want to see this match, but the start of this match is at a pretty bad moment.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
This game will show if England really do have a hope in this WC. If they aren't motivated to play well here, then it's basically over. England should be reasonably confident - after all they beat SA 2-1 in SA in their last ODI series a year or so ago.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Going by what we have seen so far, SA should steamroll them. The English did come from no where to tie with India and they will need a similar effort to come close to SA.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
I really don't know what to expect from England, they've performed better as underdogs so far, everyone expected India to beat England but they played better that expected, but against the minnows they've played badly. I think the team chasing will win this match.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
So far, its been great for chasing teams in English matches. England won against Netherlands chasing, tied against India chasing 338, and lost to Ireland who chased 327. So if England win the toss, they got to chase. But SA should be huge favorites considering the way England have played so far.

Sureshot

Executive member
I don't think either side are that predictable, it's a bonus if England win as long as we beat WIndies and Bangladesh. Already Sky+'d for a lazy day of cricket tomorrow.

As long as we perform much better, I don't mind if we lose tbh, if you play good cricket, but still lose, then fair game.

There has to be some changes, most notably Shahzad in for Yardy. Not much bowling depth beyond that, unless they see Tredwell as an attacking option, I'm not so sure he is.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think either side are that predictable, it's a bonus if England win as long as we beat WIndies and Bangladesh. Already Sky+'d for a lazy day of cricket tomorrow.

As long as we perform much better, I don't mind if we lose tbh, if you play good cricket, but still lose, then fair game.

There has to be some changes, most notably Shahzad in for Yardy. Not much bowling depth beyond that, unless they see Tredwell as an attacking option, I'm not so sure he is.

He is not, just a journeyman county trundler, should have never been in the squad.

----------

This game will show if England really do have a hope in this WC. If they aren't motivated to play well here, then it's basically over. England should be reasonably confident - after all they beat SA 2-1 in SA in their last ODI series a year or so ago.

That wont mean much here TBF. ENG got a couple perfect conditions on the day a won 2 games in a rain affected 5 match series.

Plus the two ENG players responsible for those wins in Anderson & Collingwood are horribly out of form now.

Phineas

Club Cricketer
Doesn't really matter if England lose tomorrow. I think we will, however. We should have enough to get past Bangladesh and West Indies which would guarantee progression.

It would be nice to see the selectors make an effort to see off the slump tho. Shahzad for Anderson and Bopara for Yardy are a must for me, I would also like to see Luke Wright in for Collingwood, personally.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
For England to get past West Indies- it is going to be a huge ask- simply cause of the fact that the Windies rolled out Bangladesh cheaply. Unless some other team rolls out the Windies cheaply, it won't be possible for England to jump the West Indies. But, they can be assured of a 4th place in the group.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
an hour to go....

expecting a great match...

Go Saffars! :D

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Got like 10 energy drinks. Gonna need em to stay awake through the night (its 10 PM right now, and ima have to stay awake through like noon tmrw).

So it better be a good one.

nelson111

School Cricketer
Been looking forward to this one for a while now, should be good cricket.
Good luck Boys!

Users who are viewing this thread