Mar 6 - England v South Africa

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think it will be a easy chase. Who knows, Swann might win the game for England. ;)

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Shoddy performance with the bat for England. The top-order is England's main strength and they fail today. They need Flintoff back in the middle order I reckon. He is doing some show in England right now. So Bangladesh still have a chance.:)

Owzat

International Coach
Poor fellas, the English ship is sinking :mad

Started off half full of water and with an f in great leak in it with some of the selections, policies and approaches of batsmen.

Why persist with KP opening?!?!? I know statistically he made 129 off three knocks, but two of those were against Holland and Ireland, against Test nations that is now 33 from two innings. Let Strauss play the free(er) role and Bell or Trott open.

Ditch Yardy stick ffs, 3 off nearly three overs worth of balls is just shocking, I know he was trying to bat out the overs, but he didn't manage to do much more than waste deliveries and a streaky edged four would have produced more runs than he did.

And the bits n pieces lower order made 22 runs between them, 16 of those from the bat of Swann. In fact aside from Trott and Bopara the England batting scored a whopping THIRTY-NINE runs between them off 82 balls, and Swann scored 16 of those!

Just as well Smith is nearly as cr ap a captain as Strauss, Peterson took the first three wickets so he not only takes him off but doesn't even bowl him out!!!!! :facepalm

Never mind eh, our bowlers will win it for us........................

England bowling in the World Cup (vs HOL, IND, IRE)

Bresnan : 7 wkts @ 23.00 (SR 25.71, ER 5.37)
Swann : 6 wkts @ 23.50 (SR 29.00, ER 4.86)
----------------------------------------------------
Broad : 2 wkts @ 69.00 (SR 57.00, ER 7.26)
Anderson : 2 wkts @ 106.00 (SR 96.00, ER 5.75)
Yardy : 1 wkt @ 113.00 (SR 102.00, ER 6.65)
Pietersen : 0 wkts off 2 overs
Bopara : yet to bowl

Owzat

International Coach
Hehe England trying to copy SA tactics, not working atm.

Because Peterson is a decent spinner, Yardy is a useless spanner - as is his captain. All it will mean is that two seamers will not get best use of the new ball and quite possibly go at 5-6 an over.

Still the good news is at least Strauss seems to be paying some attention to something and trying to learn a new trick. For the fact that he got himself out and Pietersen can't play lefties is beside the point.

If I were England's next opponents, I'd send Pietersen a bunny. Would wind him up something chronic

----------

Big fail with the Yardy tic-tac, not as big a fail as picking him in the first place as his running average is now up to 52.40.

I do hope me slating him as the match progresses produces some kind of reaction, but I'm guessing this isn't Holland, Canada, or Kenya so he's maybe saving himself! 3 off 17 balls batting and 19 off 18 balls bowling makes me wonder why England can't see he's no f in good and also if he should not be counted as on South Africa's side..................... :thumbs

Where's the list for highest scores beaten by 10 wickets................?

zub2005

International Coach
shocked with the scoreline, everyknew that south africa would be faves tonight but i thought England might have upped their performance against South Africa. Got that wrong.

Owzat

International Coach
Yardy is bang on course to bring up his sixty - bowling average against major Test nations.

Can't believe after 14 overs that Yardy has bowled five nothing overs while Broad has yet to bowl. Try something, anything, but don't persist with Yardy just because he's theoretically a spinner (of sorts, loosely speaking, with rose tinted specs on, sometimes..............)

zub2005

International Coach
swann gets the breakthrough, swann bowling well but rest have been poor so far

----------

sorry mate did not know about that was doing it on both match day threads. sorry once again

Owzat

International Coach
Proper spinner takes wicket, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Just a shame England only took one and decided that Yardy is an all-rounder :lol and Tredwell is just there to make up the numbers.

Broad takes a wicket, why Strauss decided Yardy and Anderson were better options to open than two from Broad, Bresnan and Swann, who knows?

darthlewis1

Club Captain
I wake up to this scoreline:noway

I still think England have a small chance. Batting collapse anyone?

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Just put the match on. KP is turning it, so definitly a turner of a pitch. But SA have already made 83, for the loss of just 3 wickets. They will chase this down - there's no pressure of a big total.

----------

Plus, the reason I say this is because England have only impressed me during the India game. They were average against Holland, poor against Ireland and now awful against SA. Considering they were pre-tournament favourites, the minnows should have been a cake-walk.

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
Andymcg_cricket on Twitter makes a valid point that Broad had a sublime spell against Australia at the Oval during the 2009 Ashes on a similar pitch so who knows he's started well.

Users who are viewing this thread