Mar 2 - England v Ireland

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
O'Brien is by no means a shoe in to be "stolen" by England. He couldn't get into the Nottinghamshire team let alone England.

One innings doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
England learn something from Pakistan.

I hate to say this but its true

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
To be honest Rahul, I doubt any team would have got out of that onslaught unless they fielded well.

P

pcfan123

play the same match on a wicket with even a hint of assistance for the bowlers and it would be a drastically different outcome.

Chalk most of this up to the flat wicket and Strauss's horrible captaincy.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
play the same match on a wicket with even a hint of assistance for the bowlers and it would be a drastically different outcome.

They both played on the same pitch and Ireland won. On that day, Ireland was just the better team. That doesn't mean that they are the better team on average, just on that one day. But in the World Cup, that one day counts for a whole lot more, flat pitch or not.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors

I put this down to one brilliant innings and England not being able to bowl in subcontinent conditions, and muppet like fielding.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
I put this down to one brilliant innings and England not being able to bowl in subcontinent conditions, and muppet like fielding.

and once again England's inability to use their batting powerplay in the back overs to reach 350+ like they really should've done

P

pcfan123

They both played on the same pitch and Ireland won. On that day, Ireland was just the better team. That doesn't mean that they are the better team on average, just on that one day. But in the World Cup, that one day counts for a whole lot more, flat pitch or not.

An important but fluky one off,

Its not as if Ireland's innings went to plan and everyone contributed etc. O Brien played the innings of his life breaking World Cup records.

Play again tomorrow on the same wicket and odds are England would dominate.

So a one off, got lucky sort of deal but an important one none the less.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I don't know if I would even call it a one off. This is the third lackluster English performance in the field in a row. I would be a worried man if I was Andrew Strauss right now.

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
I don't know if I would even call it a one off. This is the third lackluster English performance in the field in a row. I would be a worried man if I was Andrew Strauss right now.

And they're 3/3 in struggling against minnows (Canada in the warmups, Netherlands and Ireland now).

P

pcfan123

I meant a one off from the Irish POV, they won't be able to replicate such heroics again. I'd bet anything they lose out from here.

Users who are viewing this thread