Mar 17 : England vs West Indies

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
England into the Quarters :D Now, if Windies manage to defeat India and Proteas choking, India will be again out while in Group Stage :clap

For that we must have a lower RR than BD (which aint gonna happen) . Also Proteas aint gonna lose to BD unless half their team falls prey to smallcox ...... errrm, I mean smallpox :spy

Also, England aint exactly in the clear when it comes to the QF.

jonah

International Coach
How did we pull that out of the bag?

Incredible.

This is England you're talking about:D

You're right Kabooka, still relying on another result or two to be sure of qualifying.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
What's with 1992 Pakistan and current England team?

hanging on in the world cup on a bear thread... then gaining momentum at the right time and winning the cup at the end.... so far England has been toe to toe on how Pak won the 1992 WC....

Sureshot

Executive member
This is England you're talking about:D

You're right Kabooka, still relying on another result or two to be sure of qualifying.

Yeah, but for both WI to beat India and Bangladesh to beat SA?

I could see one of them happening, but both? Highly unlikely. I'll take relying on India and SA to qualify for the QF's though.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I seriously cannot tell if this is a joke or not. Either way I'm disturbed.

I'm not talking about Charlie Brown !

Either ways, Katy ought to know about the national sport. All the pretty girls I know are crazy about Cricket.

Sometimes I Cricket em twice, both ways :spy

Auwais

International Coach
Wait, so they promoted the keeper because Sarwan was taking a dump...

ksduded

Club Cricketer
if any of the game gets rained off that will throw a spanner in the points table...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah, but for both WI to beat India and Bangladesh to beat SA?

I could see one of them happening, but both? Highly unlikely. I'll take relying on India and SA to qualify for the QF's though.

Chances of India beating West Indies and SA beating Bangladesh (both of them) are quite high. So I guess England have almost made it to the QF.

The case for West Indies has gotten slightly tougher. They will be watching the Bangladesh-SA game. If Bangladesh pull off an upset, West Indies face a shootout against India. Win and come to the QF, lose and go out. Due to the thrilling win by England here, their NRR hasnt taken any jump up higher (it just went up by 0.059). India need to lose by 50+ runs probably if we need to be eliminated (sorry World_Champions, but that most likely aint happening to please you:rolleyes:p)

TruSachFan

Club Cricketer
^^WI will need to chase whatever score we get in 21 overs or India has to lose by 150+ runs. I think

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
if any of the game gets rained off that will throw a spanner in the points table...

Summer has almost set in for both India and Bangladesh. All remaining Group B games are predicted for very sunny weather by Weather.com

----------

With 32 balls remaining, how did West Indies manage to lose this? Anything fishy? Is Group B forced to be made interesting?

Users who are viewing this thread