Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...my point of view is PC never use its power being the most powerful cricket gaming community in the world

With "power" comes responsibility. Nobody is banning anyone or shutting down forums, because a release date got missed... asinine. PC.net isn't the Taliban or something... get a grip.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating and quite dishonest... that isn't a cause to be irrational, folks. Want to do something tangible? Vote with your wallets and don't get the game...

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Unfortunately yes, all platforms, no new date.

----------

There is only one person directing his anger in the wrong places. We are not a multi million dollar lobbying institute with masses of political and financial clout. It is a forum for lovers of cricket games and of cricket and without PC much of what HAS been good in cricket games would not be in place.

MattW for president :p Let the lobbying begin

Last edited:

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes as Barmy says, it is a slippery slope and I believe that unless we act in a dignified manner , we are just as wrong as they are.

OmairB

Club Captain
Their Twitter and Facebook pages along with their official forums on the other hand - they've been going on making 'wait and see' posts and confirming features as if nothing was going on.

I see your point. I'm just thinking back to the days when we used to buy those gaming magazines to get any sort of info and then await release. Personally all I ask for is a release date and if there is likely to be any sort of delay then we are informed well in advance. Any added communication I'd consider a bonus, notwithstanding the general marketing and promotion of the game.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We're a cricket forum not a member of the UN Security Council. We can certainly vent our displeasure at the curious marketing strategy and outright mis-leading statements but whether people buy the game or not is up to them not us.

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
So we should announce that anyone who buys or discusses the game will be banned from the site?

oh come on!!! anyone have any interest in playing cricket games will be directed to this site by all search engines!! and all the members in this form knows their cricket inside out!! some of them are X cricketers as far as i know!! its one thing to have that power and one thing to use it !! NEVER MIND i just wish some one would have more interest on the end users then game developers !! ok go ahead and ban me for saying all this :facepalm

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Fast Bowler, do yourself a favor and chill out. It's not the end of the world...

We're a cricket forum not a member of the UN Security Council...

Well, thanks for telling me, I've been parking in those allocated spaces for years now. THAT'S why my car keeps getting towed!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I see your point. I'm just thinking back to the days when we used to buy those gaming magazines to get any sort of info and then await release. Personally all I ask for is a release date and if there is likely to be any sort of delay then we are informed well in advance. Any added communication I'd consider a bonus, notwithstanding the general marketing and promotion of the game.
Indeed, but now that these developers and publishers want to leverage social media to create viral promotion for their games, it's not something they can just back away from when things get tough.

Of course I don't doubt that most of the people buying the game will just do so because they have no idea about Cricket 14 and will buy it in the middle of the Ashes once things ramp up.

We're a cricket forum not a member of the UN Security Council.
Exactly, we have far more power than the UN.

Fast bowler

Club Cricketer
Fast Bowler, do yourself a favor and chill out. It's not the end of the world...

Well, thanks for telling me, I've been parking in those allocated spaces for years now. THAT'S why my car keeps getting towed!

mate with all due respect, i know who you are and i don't like to get in to any conversation with you !! thanks :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Ignoring common sense works well for you, then :rolleyes

YAY for the Naveenncc tweet... well played. PlanetCricket wins everything today.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
oh come on!!! anyone have any interest in playing cricket games will be directed to this site by all search engines!! and all the members in this form knows their cricket inside out!! some of them are X cricketers as far as i know!! its one thing to have that power and one thing to use it !! NEVER MIND i just wish some one would have more interest on the end users then game developers !! ok go ahead and ban me for saying all this :facepalm

I'm asking you what that power is. Tell me what would you do.

Users who are viewing this thread