FOOTBALL Fifa 14 PC & Consoles

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well you cant compare Manager mode to Football Life in PES..that is even more realistic(tried it after fifa 13).

Really - that's interesting. Could you elaborate on how Football Life is more realistic than Fifa 13's CM? No sarcasm, I'm genuinely interested, because if PES 14 is finally going to have a realistic football world, then that might tip the balance back in its favour again.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think the ratings are one of the reasons FIFA's gameplay lacks, at evey team the players are rated all almost exactly the same (Jesus Navas and Pedro are 85 for no other reason than they play for city and barca), with the exception of some lower teams having one or two star players, it just makes stalemates all over the pitch and samey moves because everyone can do everything about the same.

there's no impetus for Barca to move everything through messi, xavi and inesta because busquets, maschareno and fabergas are also gods. Pique and maschareno are two of the best CBs in the game, so you don't have any pressure to keep the ball like barca do because they've got an unrealistically amazing defense as well.

the weirdest one I saw was gomez being the best striker in italy, if milan traded him for balotelli I'd flip my lid.

Last edited:

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
^Bigger problem ain't noticed Rooney's overall.. :facepalm Suarez, Reus, Lewan, Villa & many many more deserve a better overall than Rooney, what has he done for Utd lately other than sitting on the bench, getting injured and relaxing?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Demo's out. :)

OK; two games in and here are my first impressions:

First off, you immediately notice the 'foot planting' and inertia.

The ball absolutely feels like its own separate entity now.

The game feels more 'solid' as a result - less floaty. Manual passing seems to work properly now in that if you want to play a tiny rolled pass with barely any power (like in PES), you can.

I noticed something I never saw in Fifa 13. When the AI was attacking and a winger was trying to cross into the box, when I moved a player to intercept, the AI player stopped and began rolling the ball from foot to foot in an effort to confuse my player. I never saw that in Fifa 13 - that is a huge plus.

The AI can now play balls in behind your defenders and if they're slower than the attackers, the attacker will be able to nip in behind and score a goal.

Everything just feels more solid - the ball physics are better, the player movement is better; everything is better.

OK, I'll admit - I was infuriated with EA for not giving the PC the Ignite engine, and the game does look very dated; the stadiums especially feel very dead - but credit where it's due: EA have not just recycled Fifa 13's gameplay here. This feels like a markedly different football game.

One weird thing I noticed though: when the AI wins a freekick, they're very good at passing the ball along the ground directly to one of your players. That needs looking at.

I love the formation screen in the menu - now it is so much faster to switch formations! All EA could've done to improve that is literally allow us to click on a player and drag him to a new position, but as it is it is a welcome addition.

EA: if KSI and his sheep want a faster game, then why not just point them towards the 'fast' setting? Leave slow exactly how it is - do not change a bloody thing!

Konami might well have shot themselves in the foot by not releasing the PC demo at the same time as the consoles, but that's for another thread... for me, Fifa 14 is showing a lot of potential.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Got the demo for PC and I wasn't a fan at all. It could be that it's because it's my first ever PC game but the game felt ridiculously fast and other than that it wasn't too different at all. The skill moves weren't working other than the Ronaldo chop as well so I wasn't even to try out the new ones. I have no idea how they work now. The shield feature wasn't seeming to work which was frustrating as well.

The download took unusually long on PS3 hence why I got it on PC first but I'll definitely give it another go on PS3 along with PES.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
FIFA 14 demo,disappointing as expected.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
OK after playing both the PES and FIFA demos I have to say the FIFA one is better though the lack of progression is worrying. I most likely will pick up neither on current gen and will get

PES feels really sluggish, it's changed a lot but I have to say I enjoyed the PES 12 demo a lot more and PES 14 is a lot stranger to play and the new dribbling is odd. It feels a lot more like real football than FIFA does though.

FIFA has definitely slowed down, no idea why it felt fast on PC but it's much better on PS3. The dribbling has similarly also changed in FIFA like in PES, and that's what slows down the game and makes the control on the ball far more realistic. It's a great change, but I struggled to see literally any other changes, other than the new absolutely AWFUL sound effects. The new menus are slick and everything is a lot easier to navigate now as well.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'll simply buy PES 14 and will wait for a patch :)

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Although a Fifa fan, have to say PES was disappointing on the demo, and Yash you can't runaway from the truth.
But since this thread is on Fifa we will talk about Fifa. I really liked few stuff but at the same time really did not like it. The way Messi felt on the ball was just not right to me for some reasons. And scoring a finesse shot from the half way line! :eek:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think we shouldn't really judge FIFA 14 before we get our hands on the new consoles since that's supposed to be the "new game" everyone wants.

No, not really.

The current gen deserves the same amount of attention that the next gen would receive, though that ain't going to happen.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I think we shouldn't really judge FIFA 14 before we get our hands on the new consoles since that's supposed to be the "new game" everyone wants.

Yep, I especially like the sound of 10 times the animations.

Users who are viewing this thread