ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If I remember correctly, our NRR was the reason we didn't make the semifinals in 2012, so we most definitely need to play for it.

And we send out the out of form Yuvraj Singh, who is wasting time out there!:facepalm:(

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Yuvraj looks horribly out of form. Not a good sign for India going forward in the tournament.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Guess that's why they've sent him out with the win secured, to find some form.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Absolutely no clue what Yuvraj did there. He just built more pressure on himself and probably a huge blow to his chances for the next game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Guess that's why they've sent him out with the win secured, to find some form.

And in the process, he blew our chances of getting a NRR boost in the end (we won just with 2 balls to spare; WI should consider this a thriller though the body language of the teams didn't suggest so).

Yuvraj should make way for either Rahane or Binny in the upcoming games.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
If Rahane does come in, surely he doesn't have the efficiency in scoring to bat at 5?

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
That's the third or the fourth time I'm criticizing Yuvraj's selection. He's completely off-colour. Dropping sitters, misfielding, hardly impactful witht the bat and ball.
This could have been over much before. I'd rather see Rahane in the team. Yuvraj is not providing anything to this XI. But he isnt' going to be dropped. If it had to be, it would have been done in this match itself.

India must surely make to the semi-finals now. They're atleast winning against Bangladesh if not Australia.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
We can't play Rahane at 4. If we are playing Rahane than he has to open with Dhawan and Rohit at 4. I would go with Stuart Binny though. However, I still feel Dhoni will still give chance to Yuvraj.

lion100lion

International Coach
Yuvraj should make way for either Rahane or Binny in the upcoming games.
Binny may be the right option.. He will also provide an option for part time fast bowler.
But, I don't think Yuvraj will be dropped :noway

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
We can't play Rahane at 4. If we are playing Rahane than he has to open with Dhawan and Rohit at 4. I would go with Stuart Binny though. However, I still feel Dhoni will still give chance to Yuvraj.

And that's why I don't see Dhoni bringing in Rahane, he hates messing with the batting order, especially one that's working.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Give yuvi one more match and tell him its do or die for him. Next match should be easy for him as banglas have plenty of left arm spinners. None of them bowls doosra. Thus ball would come nicely in his hitting arc. If he cant hit them then he should be dropped.Also we should not forget that in 2007 WC too he was failing miserably in first few matches and then suddenly won india two back to back matches.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very upset with both the matches today.

1. I support Aussies and i was completely upset that they lost, that too after what Maxwell did.

2. I seriously doubt if Rohit and Yuvraj were aware about the NRR equation. Rohit was a bit faster than Yuvraj at least. I really cannot see Yuvraj play like this, he has always been one of my top favorites and its really sad to see him play like this, may be we should replace him with Ajinkya.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Well Suresh Raina's words have certainly come to pass, India chocked them with & stopped them from hitting sixes. Windies achillies heel of being unable to rotate the strike in ODIs & test has finally caught up with them in the one format they thought they could mask it.

WI like PAK batted very strangely & cautiously versus India, now IND the team i thought would struggle to come out this group are now in pole position to qualify.

IND like W Cup 2011 & Champ trophy last year are showing sings of being good tournament team without looking particularly impressive on paper. Especially this T20 W-Cup, in which their record has been abysmal since they won the 2007 tournament.

At this rate its between AUS or PAK, i just can't see WI beating PAK or AUS.

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh prepared spinning tracks to suit their left armers and give them some advantage but in the process they have made Indian bowling appear great and masked the shortcomings of batsman. Ball is not bouncing high thus short ball tactic wont work easily against the batters and India have more than enough decent spinners to tie other teams down. On top of that if other teams decide to play more spinners to use the pitch it would again work in India's favour because unless you are Ajmal, spin doesnt really bother them. They can milk spinners whole day. So Indians should be thanking Bangladesh for providing them home advantage. :cheers

RIZZYX

International Coach
If I remember correctly, our NRR was the reason we didn't make the semifinals in 2012, so we most definitely need to play for it.

Also worth noting Pakistan and West Indies play the final group game so if it comes down to a NRR scenario, Pakistan (or the Windies) will know exactly what they have to achieve.

We all know how Netherlands went past Ireland and Zimbabwe because of this.

Users who are viewing this thread