Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh well, back to the Day 1 are we.....not really maybe. From the writeup, I can deduce two things. First, obviously that the mafia kill failed. Second, I don't know of how much consequence for now, that the mafia can decide who kills among them. It could be a roleblocker, doctor or a jailkeeper who prevented the kill, or else, a bulletproof vest, assuming this game is the standard mafia format which we don't have any reason to believe. As El Loco said, if a roleblocker prevented the kill, he should subtly make it known who the mafia is. If it's a doc, I'll advise him to lay low. I'm suspicious of Yash and hedger a bit, but given the nature of that discussion, I'm not really sure. It seems extremely pointless for the mafia. Also, if we have cop as well, he can subtly and gradually guide us towards the mafia. I would like themusketeer and joejoe(?) to contribute more possibly. We could use thedon5's help as well.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Night 1

The night began.

-----

You take care of him..

I will.

-----

I couldn't... :(

Wtf!

-----

The sun had come out. There was no dead body found. Everyone were happy.

It is now Day 2.

With 10 alive, it takes 6 for a lynch.
It'd be very stupid of the mafias to go for a NK, writeup is crystal clear and it seems there are only two mafias? It's clearly one guy directing the other.
Possibilities about the NK would be:
1. Town RB blocked the right guy/Doc saved
2. SK(if there's one) targeted someone and the mafia aligned RB blocked his kill? There's a possibility of a JK too. Or it could be the other way around.
Too confusing for the moment and I'd not like the town RB(likely there's one) to come out as it's fairly possible he might have targeted a townie and the Doc saved someone or the RB targeted right? Doc shouldn't be out either. Cop posting his results would be anyday better as it'd clear us on two people already.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Cop posting his results would be anyday better as it'd clear us on two people already.

Funny you should say that...
Answer me one thing, who do you reckon in the game are most likely to be mafia? Maybe we might be able to help you add something meaningful to the thread.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
One moment silence for El loco.

Ok I'll start, what meaningfulness have you been bragging about kid? What have you added? Wake up.

I've given the reason why the cop should be out and why RB/Doc shouldn't be out. Take it or fearsome tweak it.

Stop going after me and pissing me off, just above Varun has posted why the RB should come out? But no, you can't see it? Question him?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
I wish yash would have that attitude. Might not hurt my brain so much.

@yash - why is some random bullshit better than nothing. Is talking about the weather better than saying nothing?

Oh look something game related. At least you can come up with some reason, not to mention it was a bad read but at least we're getting somewhere. 1) Loco was the only one I townread, I specifically stated that Simon is null. 2) Just say I was mafia, why couldn't they be my partner? If every mafia distanced themselves from each other for an entire game it would be too easy. You're saying that because I outted reads on them, that I can't be mafia with them - yes you're right that we're not mafia together, but not because of your reasoning, just because of the fact I'm town.

You also need to take into account reverse psychology.

As for what I've contributed to the game - I'm really starting to doubt you're actually reading, I've caused more discussion myself than everyone else combined, although most of it has been arguing with you. I stated initial reads, that's what they were, you can't get anywhere without discussion. My reads have gotten a response out of you, thus they've done something. Also weren't you going on about how posting anything was better than nothing? Thus by that logic I've posted more than anybody, thus I've contributed something.

I don't find your contradiction scummy per say, just that it's really difficult to not take anything you say seriously because you contradict yourself at every turn. And I'm pretty sure you are always this bad. I remember tunneling you on d1 in the superhero mafia due to you being that bad and everything that came out of your mouth was scummy as fearsome tweak.[DOUBLEPOST=1418900667][/DOUBLEPOST]also lol I hope that random guy yash doesn't randomly show up
Superhero mafia was my second game IIRC, what do you expect?
And to your question it's a dumb move at this point of game. Obviously it'd be way too easy if the mafias keep a fair distance from each other and no one is that stupid to follow that.
One more thing who're you? Are you a creator of this Mafia thing?

El Loco

ENG....
One moment silence for El loco.

Ok I'll start, what meaningfulness have you been bragging about kid? What have you added? Wake up.

I've given the reason why the cop should be out and why RB/Doc shouldn't be out. Take it or fearsome tweak it.

Stop going after me and pissing me off, just above Varun has posted why the RB should come out? But no, you can't see it? Question him?

Honestly, you're not handling yourself very well. Do you think I'm going after you with my eyes closed? Lashing out only just serves to aggravate it.
I ask that others join the discussion please so we can make inroads.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Someone lashing out would usually be suspicious, but since it's yash we can let it slide since it's his signature. Doesn't make him look good though.

Don't think I can add anything else at this stage.

Also I'm heading to America tomorrow so my activity will be low for around 36 hours, though I'll try post when I can on stopovers. My activity is also low atm as for some reason I've forgotten how to play Mafia and have no idea what I'm doing.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
After going through all this, i get scummy behavior from EL loco's posts.
I think he is most likely to be mafia alingned.

FOS : EL loco

Don't think I can add anything else at this stage.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What I get from the write-up is that there's either a mafia team (like normal two mafias) or two separate teams, in which there can be an SK as a team and two normal mafias as the other one and they're allowed to work together..or there can be two SKs, as far as I remember, if there are two separately aligned SKs then they are allowed to work together upon their will and according to the write-up, one was asked to make a kill while the other one went for a no kill - just to get a clear view about the town roles maybe. About that no-kill (probably) or fail kill, I don't think that there's a Jailkeeper as the other mafia answered that he couldn't kill so it's probably a role-blocker or a doctor who saved the kill or the mafia hit a BP - I don't see any mafia aligned role-blocker considering we're already in doubts of two mafia teams, there can't be an individually-aligned role-blocker. It's day 2 and I believe that cop shouldn't out this early, if there's a role-blocker then I'd advise him not to out and just straight-forwardly point towards the mafia, if this happens then we're relying on the doc quite heavily but who knows if there's a doc or not? so as El Loco and Varun said, subtly lead us to the mafia. This is the reason why I say the cop to not to out. It's a ten-man game so I don't really know if there could be a doc and RB together. To be quite honest I don't have any clue about who to be suspicious of as what thedon said, I've suddenly lost all my skills but am trying hard to help.

El Loco

ENG....
I understand that bursting in to hysterics has become a quintessential part of Yash's game, but the FOS remains for a reason.
I'm up for paving the way for the cop, or a PR in the same vein, to mutely reveal his findings. But I'd like to reiterate that it requires collaboration across the board.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Of course the cop should "mutely reveal his findings"; inherent in that is the idea that he does that in a way that is as indistinguishable as possible from usual town chat in order to prevent the scum from going after them...

The cop shouldn't claim day 1 unless he's close to being lynched (L-1 or something similar); IMO he should only claim if the information he has could deliver the game to the town or if he has to in order to save the game for the town. I'd be a little suspicious on anyone trying to out a cop this early; if only because it gives the mafia or other non-town roles a person to target in the future; or at least a guarantee that they'll be the person protection allowing them to pick off other people one by one...

Everyone is still way, way too null though. Yash's style of playing is a little unorthodox, but if its the way that he does it all of the time then that really doesn't tell us anything. I'd like to hear more from themuskateer, especially explaining why he thinks El Loco is scummy; I'm getting null at the moment but that's partially biased from previous experience, although meta analysis is both very boring, not very useful and something that I politely request that we don't do. Everyone else hasn't done anything really that remarkable; at least to the extent of me having clear reads on them. That's making it really hard to move this game forward TBH: no one seems to have any strong reads on anyone and that's really slowing us down a load...

In terms of strategy for the day, we're really flying quite blind at the moment. I don't think that we can afford to waste today the way we may have wasted day 1 - I'm not saying "lynch anyone!!!!", I'm saying that two consecutive no lynches really isn't helping anyone bar the mafia imo... I don't have someone who I'd feel comfortable voting for at this stage though.

By the writeup, does he mean he tried to kill him but failed? Or does it mean he felt that he couldn't?

That's probably the most likely outcome: unless its a red herring by our glorious overlord?

@User2010: what's the plan for deadlines and the like over Christmas and New Year? I won't be able to post much if at all from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day; and I'll probably be in recovery mode on New Years Day and I'll also most likely be really busy between the two. I'd imagine that it'll be very similar for others in the game: so knowing that we wouldn't be missing anything might be a good idea :)

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And about Yash, I've played some games with him and there's a reason why I'm not suspicious of him - that's his playing style. Even I after reading his first post (which still doesn't look any scummy to me) thought a great of it but then after reading the other 3-4 posts stating that his post doesn't make any sense and is scummy so FOS Yash and blah blah made me quite uncomfortable. I believe if anyone was in his place then would have done worse. This doesn't mean that I'm clear of Yash that he's a townie, null read on everyone. We can't have new and less-active/inactive players here, mafia in that face could easily win this.

And about that break we should have, yeah I second that but I'm not sure how or if this will resume...

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I really have a gut feeling that my original fos on yash is right, and that he's trying to use emotions rather than logic to come off as townie, which in forum mafia is very easy to fake while actual logic is lacking from his arguments. That's despite probably letting bias get in the way.

The writeup isn't very specific on how the kill happened, and I'm very wary of both sulaiman's and yash's reference to the possibility of a serial killer, especially with no deaths and only one part of the writeup. I think if there was a lethal third party, that the writeup would give us at least a little hint, even if only subtle.

@Sulaiman7 - it's his playing style as both town and mafia (well I know mafia I haven't read any of his town games), so apart from the way he's playing which is not indicative of alignment, what reasons do you have to think he's town.

Also roleblocker is a very common mafia role that's in about 90% of games I feel and with only probably 3 town prs, cop (or any other pr) are better off staying hidden, for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread