Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm not quite getting this big movement on Varun - I don't think that he's definitely town or anything, I just don't think that he's particularly scummy, and certainly not scummy enough to lynch him in a MLLO situation which most of us seem to think that we are in. Also one wonders why a mafia would claim vanilla in this situation in a closed setup game: as we have seen in a themed setup in some ways it'd be easier to fake a power role claim than a vanilla one since the latter might use strange and obscure characters since, y'know, "vanilla" seems to imply relative anonymity
It's easier to fake claim a vanilla townie at this point of time in the game as it completely takes away the risk of getting counterclaimed and most of the main characters are out already. He has played safe by claiming Becky Detweiler which as said above is a minor character and sounds like a fake claim to me as well.

Lynch: Varun
As I've said above it definitely sounds like a fake claim to me. Also, I don't know why a townie would claim and handle the situation over to the mafias by letting them pick the PRs out easily.

The other two mafias would be El Loco, Don/IceAge.
Loco was pretty much town to me on Day 1 but his play has gone down since then. His push on Musk felt to me like he learnt his role and it was easier to knock him out as he's a newbie. As expected Musk started giving up already and he surely wouldn't have survived if he would have not claimed. As hedger said, he is not seen pressurizing anyone plus he's accepting the obvious and playing safe at the same time by not having even an FOS on anyone.

Don has not given much through his posts and it's difficult to get a good read on him. But I'd also like to hear why he thinks Sulaiman might be a mafia and not Loco? IceAge because there are no options left, Musk is surely a town, Sulaiman sounds like one and I think Hedger is a townie too.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I have never been under this onslaught of pressure before but I'll try re-explaining my position. Don't assume my not quoting anyone specifically to be a lack of willingness to defend myself. It's just I'm more busier in RL than ever, and I can't be assed to reply to everyone's comments separately, especially since they're pretty much the same. So here it goes. I don't understand how everyone can't believe that I have trying to figure out things and have been confused as far as scumhunting is concerned. How else am I supposed to play? Maybe my claim is unbelievable, and I don't remember much about Recess either, but that's what it it. It's obvious that this game will have other townies than the six main characters (three of them dead by the way: the one flavor-killed in the opening post was one of them.) User killed a protagonist in the opening post, which shows that the game isn't as straightforward as we think it is. Obviously it appears that my claim is the safest fake claim, but it goes both ways. Throughout the game, I've played exactly like I play when I'm a vanillla townie. This is a suspicious way of defending myself, but I'm just trying to put forward a logical argument which disappointingly no one else has for me.

There are enough characters for User to use without having to get into obscure ones like Becky.

I don't think so. It isn't necessary. It seems like you're trying to mislead the town by using something that others have no idea about against me. Three of the six protagonists are dead. The game is apparently based on the movie. Becky as a character is relevant and perfectly plausible and it's just stupid reasoning to declare that she isn't. I'm not exactly in the situation to point a finger at someone, but FOS: thedon5

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Okay, I've seen the Recess movie and it's not much of a help.
Expect something coming from me today as it's too late here.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I don't think so. It isn't necessary. It seems like you're trying to mislead the town by using something that others have no idea about against me. Three of the six protagonists are dead. The game is apparently based on the movie. Becky as a character is relevant and perfectly plausible and it's just stupid reasoning to declare that she isn't. I'm not exactly in the situation to point a finger at someone, but FOS: thedon5

I forgot that this is an poor observation from me due to the fact that the Mafia may have been given fake claims. So we can't go by character claims. Regardless, I am suspicious of you due to gameplay mainly.

Re my thoughts on who is Mafia, for me assuming Varun flips Mafia, I'm ruling out hedger and Loco as Mafia. Leaving three more people of which two can be Mafia. Due to their interactions with each other, I think either one of Varun or hedger is guaranteed Mafia.

I am not suspicious of Loco due to his gameplay. Simple as that.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well I noticed Gus was a flavour kill, so I do have a feeling one of the main gang is missing. Mikey may not be in the game.

For those thinking that Gretchen may in fact not be in the game and given as a fake claim, the watcher claim makes sense for her, and claiming a no visit on Varun would be very risky with the chance of a cop checking him after yesterday so most likely real. (I don't think anyone doubts musk at this time but I just don't want time spent wasted on whether he was just given a good fake claim as mafia)

And I think

Vote Count:

Varun (2) - hedger_14, yashdude101

Sorry if someone else voted

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Okay, so first of all, Varun's character had the minimal of involvement in the movie I believe - seems like a fake claim to me. If I were Varun (or a mafia), I'd have claimed someone else which's probably Muriel - the one likely to be a miller and, would have said that I'm a vanilla so even if I was night-investigated, would have been safe.

which is pretty much the same situation as today but it would allow any PRs another day to get information. I wouldn't push for it since a successful lynch might help get us out of a situation where a wrong lynch is a loss but if we end up getting beaten by a deadline then it wouldn't be the end of the world...

I'm saying that with absolutely no knowledge of the theme of the game bar the fact that its some shit that I watched when I was 9, so I'm going to judge any claim based on gameplay first rather than if it fits in line with the theme.

FOS: IceAgeComing

So you're favoring a no-lynch today? strange that coming from you. A no-lynch, as we all know, never helps the town regardless of what situation it is also since we have a scummy one in our sights who, from every post is giving off mafia vibes but, the claim has sense. Principal doesn't seem to be a miller in my opinion; I'd rather have Muriel Finster as a miller if the character is involved. Then again, even if the character is having a minimal of involvement in the whole movie? Also, what Yash said - it is always easy to claim vanilla; specially at this point but, why would be claim someone having a minimal role? he's not that dumb to make such a move. It is quite clear that a mafia claiming such a role would just make him look more scummy; given the situation he role-claimed in, not claiming would have worked out somehow though but he seemed to do it with confidence. I really don't know about why he claimed to be that character if he's mafia which he's likely to be; yet, I'd like to hear more from him if the deadline has a bit of a spare I think? Also, saying that Gus was a flavour kill; I'm keen on believing Varun as of yet so all the suspicion lies on Don. Also given the fact that Loco has been passive if not of the previous days - I'm a little bit suspicious of him too. Also one thing of him which makes me uncomfortable, he (Loco) somewhere said that Hedger town-reading him doesn't make him town-read him but that also doesn't mean that you go on tunneling that person and unlike the newbie to death!

FOS: El Loco

Also, given that Don has been acting way too scummy and is playing like he used to when is a townie (not for being inactive; never said about that) listing almost everyone as a probably mafia is too scummy as well - don't know why he's playing like this, giving off mafia vibes and since nothing big is coming from him, I:-

Lynch: TheDon

People might think that I'm now keen on believing Varun because I'm getting suspicious because of him but, his role now completely makes sense since Gus was flavour-killed. Also, there are statements above stating why I town-read him. Also, I wouldn't have outed this if I were a mafia.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Vote Count:

Varun (3) - hedger_14, thedon5, yashdude101
thedon5 (1) - Sulaiman7
[DOUBLEPOST=1421632862][/DOUBLEPOST]8 alive so 5 to lynch.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Your reasoning makes no sense Sulaiman, nor is it strong. I don't fully understand why you lynched me.

I don't understand why anyone thinks I have listed everyone as possible Mafia. I think there are three Mafia and I have listed four people who at this point I think are most likely Mafia. Someone who jumps on that and says it is everyone and it is evidence of me being Mafia is just being lazy and looking for any reason to lynch me. Scummy.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
So you're favoring a no-lynch today? strange that coming from you. A no-lynch, as we all know, never helps the town regardless of what situation it is also since we have a scummy one in our sight

I didn't read the rest of his post since I'm just looking at what you quoted from him so sorry if he actually pushed harder for it but that just looks like he's looking to lynch but if you force a nl then it's not that bad. Which I agree with, we're not going to lose any mislynch if we nl today.

Regarding the rest of that passage, I can't see any reasons why you actually scumread him. I'm just wondering whether IceAge would actually protect Varun to some extent by trying to get people to look past a scummy claim and that it would have been smarter as mafia to claim a pr, if Ice was scum and Varun was town. That just doesn't really make sense to me, and why I'm struggling to see how you townread Varun yet scumread Ice instead.

given the situation he role-claimed in, not claiming would have worked out somehow though but he seemed to do it with confidence.

This is what I don't understand. Think of it this way, if he was town, he knew he had a terrible claim. What was claiming early going to do? His lynch was in no way set in stone, he could have quite comfortably tried to get the lynch onto someone else, and come down to it claim later. Honestly it's just the way I would not play if I was town since it would just give scum easy reasons to push on me. Especially when he has barely defended himself apart from that. You do not make a terrible claim like that unless you are set to hard defend yourself otherwise you're putting yourself under unnecessary pressure. I guess he's had problems with time and hasn't really been able to reread thoroughly for a proper defence but still I think he could do more.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
@Sulaiman7 Make your mind up. You describe my play as passive over the past couple of days, but in terms of the Musk situation, it's been anything but. I'm admitting that for the gazillionth time and if you want pick holes in it you can, as Hedger has already tried to, but please do so with a valid reason because you're contradicting yourself there.
Also I didn't get that last sentence. Are you trying to suggest that I've been 'tunnelling' Hedger? The only thing I've taken issue with so far in his play is the fact that I thought he had conveniently changed his opinion to wish in hindsight that joejoe had claimed after his alignment had been revealed. So get yourself a better read of the game please if that's what you think.
Can I just say, if anyone wants to knock on my actions earlier in the day, before you do anything at least acknowledge why I've said I've done it, rather than just putting your own spin on things. Only then will your suspicion be justified, otherwise you're just being ignorant.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm busy with uni stuff at the moment - I'm still not entirely sure of one of the main reasons for going after Varun being "the character is obscure!!!" since, as I've said earlier, that would be a reason as scum to go for more known people and claim PRs. Varun's play is... odd, but I don't see it as that scummy...

he's looking to lynch but if you force a nl then it's not that bad. Which I agree with, we're not going to lose any mislynch if we nl today.

That's pretty much what I'm saying - although it was more in relation to a lynch not happening because of a deadline rather than anything else. If we are definitely going to lynch someone then the situation that we are in now is practically the same as the situation would be tomorrow bar the chance of us surviving a mislynch by stopping an NK. It was more of an aside than anything else; I'm not going to start pushing for it as a realistic option but it proves that we can be a little cautious...

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Someone who jumps on that and says it is everyone and it is evidence of me being Mafia is just being lazy and looking for any reason to lynch me. Scummy.

My lynch on you wasn't for you being scummy to be quite honest; I lynched you because I wanted more input from you else I find you neutral but I'm not saying that you're crystal clear. No one is.

he's looking to lynch but if you force a nl then it's not that bad. Which I agree with, we're not going to lose any mislynch if we nl today.

Hmm, makes sense. We will surely lose someone which I think won't be Musk because he doesn't have any clue to what's going on probably but, he might come in handy if he uses his role correctly at night. Mafia will probably try killing someone else.

and why I'm struggling to see how you townread Varun yet scumread Ice instead.

I never town-read Varun; it's just that his post seemed convincing to me but, after reading a few posts, I understand the points I missed, the points which I didn't care of much while reading his defence-post. It might be a fake-claim but then, it's a might. Also, it could be a Varun-Musk partnership with Varun helping him what to do at night in the day.

What was claiming early going to do? His lynch was in no way set in stone, he could have quite comfortably tried to get the lynch onto someone else, and come down to it claim later.

But he was in the same position Joe was in the previous day - he was getting lynched or FOSed and if he's a town, he claimed it for our better so we don't go off wasting this day of ours but then, his defence is no good for us. His claim doesn't make sense and all.

Unlynch: Thedon

Lynch: Varun
[DOUBLEPOST=1421715592][/DOUBLEPOST]Vote count:-

Varun (4) - hedger_14, thedon5, yashdude101, Sulaiman7

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I am Not going to Lynch Varun right Now because We already Lost our 2 townie and A mislynch at this stage will be very Bad. I know I and others too have scum read on Him because of His gameplay till now and that suspicious Claim.
If he has anything to add in his defence , I will wait.

Users who are viewing this thread