DBC 17 Batting

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I finally got around to capturing it - compare the one from 14 in my previous post to this one -
It looks like the batsman is playing with his kids in the backyard and should have a stubby in one hand...I hope BA still have access to that DBC 14 cut shot animation

As I pointed out already, use the aggressive ground shot triggers and the old animation is still there, or at least a new version of it. I've even had it a couple of times without the triggers but that's the most consistent way. I'm only playing on the Academy for PC, but I'd assume that hasn't changed.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
As I pointed out already, use the aggressive ground shot triggers and the old animation is still there, or at least a new version of it. I've even had it a couple of times without the triggers but that's the most consistent way. I'm only playing on the Academy for PC, but I'd assume that hasn't changed.
I get nice shots in the nets too, but in match no ways (PS4)

kasabian21

International Coach
Have seen a few comments re: no fine cut shots to third man. Shite photo but can easily be done.

DSC_0426.JPG

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Had another go with dbc17 in search for the backfoot shots.
Tried all the modifiers.
But the short of good length balls were just unplayable even with max pitch bounce and ball bounce on a hard wkt.
The weird animations i feel moves the batsman away from the line of the ball.

All this trials was with no HUD on pro cam.

atimlin

Club Cricketer
Had another go with dbc17 in search for the backfoot shots.
Tried all the modifiers.
But the short of good length balls were just unplayable even with max pitch bounce and ball bounce on a hard wkt.
The weird animations i feel moves the batsman away from the line of the ball.

All this trials was with no HUD on pro cam.

I remember this being a problem in 14 also where the back foot shots would cause the batsman to move awkwardly sideways leaving the stumps completely exposed. Another area needing addressing

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
@kasabian21

Maybe you misunderstood , the 3rd man shot is still there , its just with the spinner that the Superman Keeper stops and catches everything , no matter the timing.

So effectively , you have to pack it away for the Spinners , there is a couple of videos showing the Bug , with the Keeper warping to weird places to stop/catch the shots.

R

Royce

Have seen a few comments re: no fine cut shots to third man. Shite photo but can easily be done.

View attachment 178190

Perhaps YOU can make this happen, many of us simply cannot... The batsmen will not play this shot!![DOUBLEPOST=1482153056][/DOUBLEPOST]
I remember this being a problem in 14 also where the back foot shots would cause the batsman to move awkwardly sideways leaving the stumps completely exposed. Another area needing addressing

Was really hoping they'd fix that, I almost never go on the back foot in '14 in case I judge the length wrong and step 2 feet to the off/on side and get bowled... :/

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

View attachment 178190

Cut shot is there but it doesn't hit the ball to 3rd man region. I tried doing so but was only able to hit the ball to Square Gully region. I couldn't get a glide/cut shot to go finer to 3rd man.

Check your wagon wheel after playing the cut shot and see where the ball goes to. In my case it's Square Gully leaving the area between Square Gully and Fine 3rd man not reachable. And against spinners even the cut to Square Gully is taken out of the question thanks to the magical wkt keeper.

kasabian21

International Coach
@Royce I don't have any magical powers or a different game so if I can do then others can too. Left analogue stick up at 12 o'clock, right stick at 5 o'clock, R1 for precise shot.

This is an innings I've just completed of around 170 all out. The team is compromised solely of right-handed batsmen.

The glaring thing is obviously the lack of any runs in the covers, but everywhere else can pretty much be hit into. Sure, a finer leg glance would be amazing and an easier cut to third man would be great, but I think most areas can be hit. I am sure this can be altered in a patch so I'm really not overly fussed atm. I'm still enjoying the game a lot.

DSC_0428.JPG
[DOUBLEPOST=1482154743][/DOUBLEPOST]@cricket_online as you can see the two shots to fine third man (the white and blue lines pretty much on top of each other) show it can be hit, but it's not easy and I doubt it'd go for four unless timed perfectly.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@Royce I don't have any magical powers or a different game so if I can do then others can too. Left analogue stick up at 12 o'clock, right stick at 5 o'clock, R1 for precise shot.

This is an innings I've just completed of around 170 all out. The team is compromised solely of right-handed batsmen.

The glaring thing is obviously the lack of any runs in the covers, but everywhere else can pretty much be hit into. Sure, a finer leg glance would be amazing and an easier cut to third man would be great, but I think most areas can be hit. I am sure this can be altered in a patch so I'm really not overly fussed atm. I'm still enjoying the game a lot.

View attachment 178194[DOUBLEPOST=1482154743][/DOUBLEPOST]@cricket_online as you can see the two shots to fine third man (the white and blue lines pretty much on top of each other) show it can be hit, but it's not easy and I doubt it'd go for four unless timed perfectly.

The things is majority of cut shots do go to the Square Gully region. maybe I can get one or two shots to go to 3rd man in an innings or maybe use R1 and somehow manage to nudge the ball to Fine Leg in a blue moon. My point is the glide/cut to 3rd man and flick/glance to Fine Leg/Long Leg are staple shots in cricket. Check most of the wagon wheels for batsmen or an overall innings in real cricket and you will see how many shots go to 3rd man (and not just Square Gully) and Fine Leg/Long Leg region. Not so in DBC 17.

I can literally not have a fielder at 3rd man or behind Square on the leg side and I wouldn't be conceding too many runs. In real life you can't get away with having such fields. The 3rd man/fine 3rd man and Fine Leg/Long Leg areas should be more accessible to batsmen along with the whole Covers area and that's where the gap is. Yes I probably may manage to hit one or two shots to 3rd man in an innings but that's not how it should be, I should be able to hit to 3rd man every delivery provided the delivery is on or outside off. Same with glancing/flicking every delivery on the stumps or outside leg to fine leg/long leg region and deliveries outside off (especially over pitched ones) should be able to be driven through the arc between extra cover and point. The direction we point right analog stick in should make a difference but I haven't seen it yet.

kasabian21

International Coach
I've just been on the training ground and off the back foot I creamed one straight through the covers. I'm now trying to replicate this and will keep playing til I do!

Edit: using the marker set it as far as it goes back and outside the off stump. Left stick 7 o'clock, right stick 2/3 o'clock has played two back foot cuts through the covers. Majority of the time it plays it much squarer or straighter, but I've hit two so far.

kasabian21

International Coach
Terrible photo (I had to pause it then frantically take a photo as I unpaused it!), but you can see the ball going through the covers. That's the ageas bowl so from looking at the positioning of the stands you can see where the ball is and what area it is in.

It's more left stick 8/9, right stick 3. I've hit several of these now.

DSC_0446.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread