PC Public Preview Update Now Available

gamu

Club Captain
@MattW

Is it possible to implement Proper cloudy/ overcast shadow texture??????????? otherwise the gameplay is really awesome now.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played two T20 matches and here are the following I noticed. (Hard all, Legend)

* AI's bowling and field placements were quite challenging except the PowerPlay period

* I set a good hard track which should and was a pleasure to bat, the ball was coming on to the bat nice and sweet.

* Edges are now more often after the patches, previously I used to get very less edges while batting in limited overs than in tests. Now they seem to be balanced, even AI's edges a few times owing to variations.

* AI shots are a mix and not whack! whack! whack! .. After the Apr 26 patch, AI was too OP for me to bowl and I got more interested in checking out the batting mechanic. But today I tried it and it wasn't that bad considering my sub-par bowling skills. The shots AI was playing was just beautiful to watch even while I was on the receiving end. There were many mistimed shots which gave me hope to bowl and not make me feel depressed about my lack of skills.

* AI's run pacing is very well tuned, it doesn't go all out for the money neither does it play defensive shots in the last over anymore.

Now on to some niggles..

* While bowling with 'bowling far' camera, the camera doesn't show/pan out to the fielders gathering the ball if inside 30 yard circle and is stuck on the bowler's follow through. As far as I observed it seems to be just fine outside the 30 yard circle.(Edit: Apparently its now gone in my third game)

* The pro cam drifting/panning out away from the bowler as he delivers the ball. This has been mentioned by many of us previously but it still is existent. I love the pro cam, but this is frustrating.

* Online running bug, sometimes it happens offline too. I did notice they have the changed the pre-game loading screen (waiting for players) so hope they fix some of the issues present in online too.

Thanks for patching the game regularly !

Last edited:

jonah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys, forgive me if this is obvious, but I've just got the game on Steam (previously a PS4 player); will the game be patched up to date with this patch or will I have to manually download it?

D

Deleted member 46200

Guys, forgive me if this is obvious, but I've just got the game on Steam (previously a PS4 player); will the game be patched up to date with this patch or will I have to manually download it?
If automatic downloads for the game are set then it will be automatic. I think it is a standard so should download updates as soon as it's installed.

D

Deleted member 46200

Played two T20 matches and here are the following I noticed. (Hard all, Legend)

* AI's bowling and field placements were quite challenging except the PowerPlay period

* I set a good hard track which should and was a pleasure to bat, the ball was coming on to the bat nice and sweet.

* Edges are now more often after the patches, previously I used to get very less edges while batting in limited overs than in tests. Now they seem to be balanced, even AI's edges a few times owing to variations.

* AI shots are a mix and not whack! whack! whack! .. After the Apr 26 patch, AI was too OP for me to bowl and I got more interested in checking out the batting mechanic. But today I tried it and it wasn't that bad considering my sub-par bowling skills. The shots AI was playing was just beautiful to watch even while I was on the receiving end. There were many mistimed shots which gave me hope to bowl and not make me feel depressed about my lack of skills.

* AI's run pacing is very well tuned, it doesn't go all out for the money neither does it play defensive shots in the last over anymore.

Now on to some niggles..

* While bowling with 'bowling far' camera, the camera doesn't show/pan out to the fielders gathering the ball if inside 30 yard circle and is stuck on the bowler's follow through. As far as I observed it seems to be just fine outside the 30 yard circle.(Edit: Apparently its now gone in my third game)

* The pro cam drifting/panning out away from the bowler as he delivers the ball. This has been mentioned by many of us previously but it still is existent. I love the pro cam, but this is frustrating.

* Online running bug, sometimes it happens offline too. I did notice they have the changed the pre-game loading screen (waiting for players) so hope they fix some of the issues present in online too.

Thanks for patching the game regularly !
Thanks for this some good positive feedback and stuff to savor x[DOUBLEPOST=1528406909][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the quick reply CazCat
No problem just check the blue bar is updating and then check the version...

Bored out of my skull and nothing to drink in the house x

D

Dutch

You might need to opt into the public beta build i think.....right click on the game in steam and properties...beta...

....not sure if this is a full public patch or a beta preview patch......so dont know whether you get it anyway....have a look at the version number under general settings/credits to make sure....

Ah just read Matts note....no need to opt in....patch is the the general patch for everyone

Users who are viewing this thread