Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Thanks @MattW for fixing the performance issues in day n night matches. Most of the grounds are fixed now except few grounds like Durban(may be because of high number of lights).

-Also the batting experience on hard for limited overs is amazing with nice edges flowing.
-Most of the drop catches looks real.
- Lofted cut shot is amazing to watch.
- No more nerfed shots.

The only major issue i currently have is AI field settings in one day matches.
It would be better if AI choose fields with players at the edge of the circle and not with silly points. And in Depth overs from 40 to 50, AI should choose 5 fielders similarly like current T20 fields
I hope you will look into it this and fix it in future patch.

And other minor issue is lofted straight drives getting caught even for well timed shots. I m fine even without this fix but if possible please look into it.

Overall, this is a great patch.
Thanks again for all the hardwork.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Thanks for the patch Big Ant, sounds like it's a big improvement. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

A question re: fielding though. If it's on semi-assisted, is there an actual catching game for outfield catches like DBC'14 and '17? Or is it entirely stats based still?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The only major issue i currently have is AI field settings in one day matches.
It would be better if AI choose fields with players at the edge of the circle and not with silly points. And in Depth overs from 40 to 50, AI should choose 5 fielders similarly like current T20 fields
I hope you will look into it this and fix it in future patch.

I sincerely hope AI fields in limited overs cricket would be looked into.

grkrama

National Board President
Mainly a t10 guy and scoring 100 runs on hard, can some one make it difficult for me by the help of sliders? Used to edge alot with 70s sliders but now seems to have adjusted, how can I make it a challenge for me without going hardest?

ya hardest is a slightly big jump from hard, do give it a go though you might find it pretty good challenge, but you can try increasing pace max to 65 something on hard and see, i find pace 65 to be a good setting.

charles04

Club Cricketer
just tried a quick casual ODI with the latest patch. me on hard/hard setting and pro mode

bowled 1st and dismissed AI team for 114 in around 30 overs

powerplay batting by ai was quite subdued . only 1/33 after 10 overs not the 70 or 80 odd it would reach before. and generally throughout the inns wasn't that much big shots. no six at all in the innings.

the flash wicketkeeper is still there. taking catches in front of the wicket both while bowling and batting

batting has become even harder than before:(( made a mess of the chase of the small total . did play some reckless shots must say ) . seemed not much power in shots even when timing is good. so I wasn't even going to attempt a six, cause it didn't look like it would have gone anywhere even if I tried.

one thing noticed , twice reverse sweep with right handed batsman , the ball went to fine leg

also running between wicket felt a lot slower even with sprint button pressed

so a mixed bag as far as im concerned.
will have a go at some more later. might try a test

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Everyone,

A new patch for Ashes Cricket on PS4, Xbox One and Steam is available.

This is available right now on Steam, and will roll out in the coming hours on consoles.

Patch notes for this update are as follows:

Thanks for playing!
@MattW will all changes take effect in the current career mode and current series/Tours?

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
What a patch I love it already ball swinging a mile can play during the night the wicket kepping better batting animation are better thanks guys

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I can't quantify what changes the patches have made to the game. What I can say is that I wasnt really enjoying playing the game when I got it nearly four months ago (mainly the batting aspect). Now after a couple of patches I'm enjoying playing the game......albeit rather badly......but spending time trying out slider permutations and difficulty levels. Trial and error.....but I like to see what sort of gameplay settings peeps on here are using.

sajeednp

Club Captain
Lovely patch.. almost all issues sorted out

@MattW now can you look at the uniform logo blur issue.. if you can solve this issue.. it would be amazing

Last edited:

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW can we have AI selecting custom fields ?

This would boost the game very much. Thanks!

Rhone

International Cricketer
Patch seems decent. My career batsman got off the mark with a edge that flew through a vacant 3rd slip and was then dismissed for the first time EVER in his career by an edge behind to 1st slip off a mistimed drive.

Finally I don't feel like Don Bradman on performance enhancing steroids every time I stroll out into the middle. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread