Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staresblank

Club Captain
I've mentioned a bunch of times that simulation could do with being looked at, going all the way back to DBC17, and nothing has ever happened.

You could say that core gameplay is more important but having played mostly career mode lately the more I'm feeling like the crazy simulation has a negative effect on the core gameplay. I often find because my teammates are getting carted around the park it means basically nothing happens in the overs where I bowl. In tests they leave/block/tap everything to fielders and I end up giving up 10 runs in 12 overs or something, even if there is a batsman who is 80 off 75 at the crease. In ODI/T20s my economy is also really low, much lower than I'd get bowling the same in a full match with no simulation. It's not even like my guy has crazy stats because he's an all-rounder.

The fact that batsman confidence doesn't appear to increase during simulation could also not be helping.

Your right that it's been a problem since DBC17, but it feels 10x worse after the last patch. In career mode, it doesn't matter what target your team sets in ODIs, the AI will chase in 30 overs. In my 16 team ODI league, since the patch 90% of the teams batting second knock down a 50 over target in 25/30 overs, irrespective and score/skill.

I've had to stop playing these modes and stick to Ashes and tours. It's so annoying because team on team gameplay is truly a joy to play.

Mondy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Your right that it's been a problem since DBC17, but it feels 10x worse after the last patch. In career mode, it doesn't matter what target your team sets in ODIs, the AI will chase in 30 overs. In my 16 team ODI league, since the patch 90% of the teams batting second knock down a 50 over target in 25/30 overs, irrespective and score/skill.

I've had to stop playing these modes and stick to Ashes and tours. It's so annoying because team on team gameplay is truly a joy to play.

As much as I’m loving the game mechanics, the career mode could do with an overhaul. The fact that your bowler is taken off, like clockwork, after 6 overs, regardless of their stamina or how well they’re bowling is frustrating. And as someone noted earlier, no matter how well you perform you basically get the same skill points.

riteshagl

County Cricketer

Yea the chasing is absolutely overpowered. No matter what format, in career mode, the AI chases almost everything. Its kinda annoying

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW while resuming a saved game, the difficulty levels are changed (lowered) has this been addressed in this patch?

I feel this bug still persist, Can someone confirm?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you feel it just becomes far easier to bat?
Yes, I was struggling scoring 14 off 45 balls when I saved the game and today when I started, bang 3 fours in first 4 balls, felt the ball was speeding to the boundary. Eventually made 52 off 90 odd balls.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It could also still be the Pitch Resetting to something Pristine that has that effect ?

Know it was a gremlin before , and assuming its still happening after a Save.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It could also still be the Pitch Resetting to something Pristine that has that effect ?

Know it was a gremlin before , and assuming its still happening after a Save.

it's a shame that they haven't nailed the pitches. i'm playing a very good game right now but i have to say the pitch neither looking nor behaving like a half-way through day pitch really detracts from the overall experience.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
118-3 just after lunch on day 5. 418 target or more realistically bat the day for a draw.

Been a really good game. Few niggles but generally been the best gameplay I’ve had, even compared to what I thought was the best build from beta last summer and pre release. Certainly by a distance the best the PS4 play has been since those just after launch patches and I think better than day one.

D

Dutch

118-3 just after lunch on day 5. 418 target or more realistically bat the day for a draw.

Been a really good game. Few niggles but generally been the best gameplay I’ve had, even compared to what I thought was the best build from beta last summer and pre release. Certainly by a distance the best the PS4 play has been since those just after launch patches and I think better than day one.
Thats really great to hear Dave!

PjPage59

Club Captain
Loving pretty much everything about this game now. Batting is just about perfect. AI don’t play in T20 mode for a test match. The midfields and dropped catches are awesome. Just wish night games weren’t so jumpy and that you could select umpires and what time a game starts in tour mode.

charles04

Club Cricketer
it's a shame that they haven't nailed the pitches. i'm playing a very good game right now but i have to say the pitch neither looking nor behaving like a half-way through day pitch really detracts from the overall experience.

exactly. wish they would spend more time and effort into fixing things like this rather than tinkering the batting all the time

also something ive noted. in ODIS the pitch from one end always looks so bright. when bowling or batting its often hard to pick up the white ball as it just blends in to the pitch

Kass D

County Cricketer
I guess people have reported this before but when simulating matches, team chasing scores down 300 in 25 overs or so

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have only played about 70 Overs of Online so far , and its still a bit new for me.

One thing thats evident in the Online version so far is the Keeper is back to the bad ways of ignoring alot of throws coming in from the two deep Square fielders either side of the wicket.

This used to be an issue , got fixed in this version of the game , and now with this patch seems to have made a return .

Alot of other positives so far , nicking off is still a mixed bag for me , in the Test match seemed to happen too much , and in the Pro20 wasnt an issue at all....

Probably heading into the right direction here , as I was scared in the short format it would kill it.

I really hope the Pitches , and running between the wickets issues now gets a look at.

PS. The new shot animations and overall Batting feeling is superb !!!

Dong

Club Cricketer
guys my game is not saving..can someone please be able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread