Not open for further replies.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just had a parry catch ... Okay so they are there but perhaps not enough. I just hadn't seen one on PS4 at all since the new patch in about 300 ODI overs whereas on PC they were plenty.

EDIT - Just had an outfield spill. Haha

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
B
Just had a parry catch ... Okay so they are there but perhaps not enough. I just hadn't seen one on PS4 at all since the new patch in about 300 ODI overs whereas on PC they were plenty.

EDIT - Just had an outfield spill. Haha

I had loads of catches at short leg and leg gully

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
118-3 just after lunch on day 5. 418 target or more realistically bat the day for a draw.

Been a really good game. Few niggles but generally been the best gameplay I’ve had, even compared to what I thought was the best build from beta last summer and pre release. Certainly by a distance the best the PS4 play has been since those just after launch patches and I think better than day one.

Get to tea 5 down and think yeah the draw is nailed on... then Huges strikes a double wicket maiden just after and it’s all up in the air again!

20 overs left in the match, Jack Russell to shepherd the tail, 3 wickets left. Tense finish!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
So we are back to having no catches in the deep? This is infuriating. All these excellent builds yet nothing that combines all the improvements. The fact that everything falls just short or goes just over the rope is really worrying as this is what used to happen.
The only outfield catches I've had are on free hits

ndschan

Club Captain
it's a shame that they haven't nailed the pitches. i'm playing a very good game right now but i have to say the pitch neither looking nor behaving like a half-way through day pitch really detracts from the overall experience.
I remember DBC 14 had an option of changing the pitch mid way in casual matches while loading a saved game. Perhaps a wishlist for the next iteration. Having said that, having a great test batting experience. For ODIs I still feel you can hit any line straight down the ground, unrealistic to see cover drives going straight

cmanbarto

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Does anyone still notice the shot animation bug? I get it on occasions when playing the reverse sweep and the ball goes to leg side instead of off (but not as a mis timed edge) also the on drive is mis animated as a cover/off drive edge and the occaisonaly pull/cut Mis fire.

gamu

Club Captain
Does anyone still notice the shot animation bug? I get it on occasions when playing the reverse sweep and the ball goes to leg side instead of off (but not as a mis timed edge) also the on drive is mis animated as a cover/off drive edge and the occaisonaly pull/cut Mis fire.

sometimes
cut shot shows pull,
pull shot shows cut,
sweep shot shows reverse sweep,
reverse sweep shot shows sweep.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Its the best game of cricket I have ever played got both the PS4 and steam version (sold the PS4 one at half price couple of months ago though) and I am not regretting spending $90 on it.

PjPage59

Club Captain
Is anyone getting outfield catches in this latest build? I'm certainly not ...
I’m getting a lot of the fielder stopping a couple of steps short to field it instead of catching it which is getting very annoying.[DOUBLEPOST=1529156712][/DOUBLEPOST]
also what I find irritating is fielders on the boundary always sliding over the boundary as they touch the ball causing a 4
That really sucks. Surely they could do something better.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Get to tea 5 down and think yeah the draw is nailed on... then Huges strikes a double wicket maiden just after and it’s all up in the air again!

20 overs left in the match, Jack Russell to shepherd the tail, 3 wickets left. Tense finish!

Russell did a fine job, farming the strike and grabbing runs when he could.

And then fell with the new ball due and 10 overs left!!! 2 wickets to survive 60 balls...

Small and Fraser left everything they could, blocked the rest and added just 6 runs in 10 overs to secure the draw!

0-0 with 4 to play.

A very good game. Positives outweigh the negatives by a mile.

Main niggles that really need looking at - pitch deterioration (visuals and gameplay); bowling changes (4 man attack, didn’t use either of 2 batting all rounders even when I smashed their spinner around on final day); field settings (much too defensive especially when bowling 4th inns for the win).

Current build the best of any build of any of the 3 games by a distance. Hopefully the remaining issues can be resolved

charles04

Club Cricketer
The whole fielding section needs to be looked at.
Apart from outfielders not wanting to catch, things like throwing at the stumps rather than the super slow mo floating throw to the bowler or keeper when you need a quick shot at the stumps .

Also it seems the weird runouts have gone but now theres no runouts at all or stumpings

charles04

Club Cricketer
Russell did a fine job, farming the strike and grabbing runs when he could.

And then fell with the new ball due and 10 overs left!!! 2 wickets to survive 60 balls...

Small and Fraser left everything they could, blocked the rest and added just 6 runs in 10 overs to secure the draw!

0-0 with 4 to play.

A very good game. Positives outweigh the negatives by a mile.

Main niggles that really need looking at - pitch deterioration (visuals and gameplay); bowling changes (4 man attack, didn’t use either of 2 batting all rounders even when I smashed their spinner around on final day); field settings (much too defensive especially when bowling 4th inns for the win).

Current build the best of any build of any of the 3 games by a distance. Hopefully the remaining issues can be resolved

What levels and match difficulty were you playing at.

My tests rarely make 5 days and have definitely never had a draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread