Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
PS4
Batting: Hard
Bowling: Hard
Fielding: Hard
Level: Pro

In my opinion they have ruined the game with this patch. I am not a hardcore cricket game player but still like to spend 1-2hrs a day. Things they should have tried fixing are not fixed at all e.g. wicket keeping jumping in front of the batsman to take a bat/pad catch, if you cancel a quick single batsman takes a round trip of the pitch rather than turning and sliding the bat, fielders on boundaries almost every-time slides on the rope and so many other examples.

The game is so unbalanced now as long as you play on the leg side, you might be able to score some runs. Anything straight or the offside is pretty much going to edge it to someone. Also trying to play a bouncer on front foot almost every time edges and goes to the square leg region... I have forgotten the last time I tried to slog anyone.

Before the patch I was averaging around 70 in ODI and First Class level (Playing as a new Career player) and since the patch its gone down to 20.

Anyhow just wanted to share my opinion. I guess this is it for me for this game, perhaps to wait for a new one or game back to DBC14

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
PS4

In my opinion they have ruined the game with this patch. I am not a hardcore cricket game player but still like to spend 1-2hrs a day. Things they should have tried fixing are not fixed at all e.g. wicket keeping jumping in front of the batsman to take a bat/pad catch, if you cancel a quick single batsman takes a round trip of the pitch rather than turning and sliding the bat, fielders on boundaries almost every-time slides on the rope and so many other examples.

The game is so unbalanced now as long as you play on the leg side, you might be able to score some runs. Anything straight or the offside is pretty much going to edge it to someone. Also trying to play a bouncer on front foot almost every time edges and goes to the square leg region... I have forgotten the last time I tried to slog anyone.

Before the patch I was averaging around 70 in ODI and First Class level (Playing as a new Career player) and since the patch its gone down to 20.

Anyhow just wanted to share my opinion. I guess this is it for me for this game, perhaps to wait for a new one or game back to DBC14

they have ruined and ruined very badly you know i left playing ashes and i back to dbc 17 which is far beter now thn ashes .. next time i wil think twice before buying bigant cricket game ..

rasdan

Club Captain
I understand the frustration people feel regarding certain aspects of the game but its exactly that,a game.all games have bugs and errors and as a total package big ant have delivered a fantastic cricket simulation in my opinion,the game plays fantastic especially in test matches and ive often sat down for a quick half an hours play only to find ive been at it for three hours!thats a truyl addictive game for you.yes there are things id like improved but considering big ants budget theyve done great work.Look at the mess EA make with fifa every year,takes loads of patches to make it playable and if it wasnt for the community dealing wuth the sliders it would be almost unplayable.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
PS4

Why not try lower batting difficulty instead of cribbing about offside edges?
And if you were happy with 70 batting average as new career player I feel sorry for ya!
My advice- go to general setting, configure leave button for classic controls and start leaving ball outside off unless its full pitched

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
I understand the frustration people feel regarding certain aspects of the game but its exactly that,a game.all games have bugs and errors and as a total package big ant have delivered a fantastic cricket simulation in my opinion,the game plays fantastic especially in test matches and ive often sat down for a quick half an hours play only to find ive been at it for three hours!thats a truyl addictive game for you.yes there are things id like improved but considering big ants budget theyve done great work.Look at the mess EA make with fifa every year,takes loads of patches to make it playable and if it wasnt for the community dealing wuth the sliders it would be almost unplayable.

I understand there is a limited budget for cricket games but why break something that was working flawlessly and then don't pay attention on aspects that actually needed fixing? If they had to mess up with the timing parameters, do it on Legendary/ Hardest level, for those who love getting out on bugs/ rubbish edges let them have fun but not to ruin the fun for those who enjoy the game on a reasonably competitive level. I have been a cricket games follower since Brian Lara Cricket 1995 and since have owned probably every major cricket game and yes this game can be rated on a high but come on what's the point if patches are in-fact causing more issues that fixes?

I could change difficulty level but that is not the point. I am not looking to score freely/ easily, I would have done it if that was my complaint. My problem is getting out on bugs is just plain rubbish.

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
Why not try lower batting difficulty instead of cribbing about offside edges?
And if you were happy with 70 batting average as new career player I feel sorry for ya!
My advice- go to general setting, configure leave button for classic controls and start leaving ball outside off unless its full pitched

I could change difficulty level but that is not the point. I am not looking to score freely/ easily, I would have done it if that was my complaint. My problem is getting out on bugs, it is just plain rubbish.

Let me break it down in plain English for you: I started the career mode as a New Player not as a Star player. By the time the patch was deployed, I had played quite a few games hence reaching the OVERALL average of 70 in First Class and One Day games. since the patch is deployed, I am roughly averaging at around 20s which in my opinion is due to the new bugs introduced in the game. <<< Now may I ask, why do you feel sorry for me?? Thank You.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I could change difficulty level but that is not the point. I am not looking to score freely/ easily, I would have done it if that was my complaint. My problem is getting out on bugs, it is just plain rubbish.

Let me break it down in plain English for you: I started the career mode as a New Player not as a Star player. By the time the patch was deployed, I had played quite a few games hence reaching the OVERALL average of 70 in First Class and One Day games. since the patch is deployed, I am roughly averaging at around 20s which in my opinion is due to the new bugs introduced in the game. <<< Now may I ask, why do you feel sorry for me?? Thank You.
What new bugs, the timing window change you have to adapt your game accordingly....

shashwat dubey

School Cricketer
would really love additional features for the stadium creator in the next patch, it will just add a bit of a new flavour otherwise the stadium creator has been pretty much the same since dbc days

Sir Dibby of Dobbler

School Cricketer
What new bugs, the timing window change you have to adapt your game accordingly....

Ah, the usual Big Ant troll excuse for Ashes turning into Knickerama after the last patch. 'The timing window has changed'! Correction this should read 'the timing window has been b*lloxed'! ha ha

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ah, the usual Big Ant troll excuse for Ashes turning into Knickerama after the last patch. 'The timing window has changed'! Correction this should read 'the timing window has been b*lloxed'! ha ha

Is it really that tough? Just today I hit a 80 run Last Wicket Partnership Stand against Australia in a Test Match. Pro/Hard/Hard/Hard.

I was 190 for 9 at one point. But got my eye in. Had to grind a lot. Defended well, hit the right balls for runs. That's about it. Batting is a lot intuitive now, unlike before. It is amazing fun.

I also play with a Delivery Speed Modifier of 70.

Which Modes, Difficulty are you guys playing?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
and the usual "I suck at the game so BigAnt must have tweaked something up" Excuse.....

go blow it out yr ass mate :)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I was simply stating a fact "The timing window has changed" I did not say whether it was good or bad, its just a fact.....My statement is 100% accurate, the timing window has infact changed... I rest my case your honor

rasdan

Club Captain
hi bro(jerm),as someone who uses geoffrey boycotts stick of rhubarb to bat with can you throw some tips my way pls much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread