Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes timing window has changed but what was the need to change it?? Also why every mistimed shot has to be knicked and go straight to a fielder??? Uber realistic right...

Reading some comments make me wonder how people are starved for a reasonable cricket game. They fall for anything they are fed with....

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What new bugs, the timing window change you have to adapt your game accordingly....
Agreed. The new timing does take a little getting used to but it's good because the game is more of a challenge now as before the game was too easy, overall though the game is my favourite cricket game I have ever played so far...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes timing window has changed but what was the need to change it?? Also why every mistimed shot has to be knicked and go straight to a fielder??? Uber realistic right...

Reading some comments make me wonder how people are starved for a reasonable cricket game. They fall for anything they are fed with....
It's not even 24 hours since you found out about the timing change, so why not give it a bit more time.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

They changed it BECAUSE OF THE COMMUNITY, the users demanded change and it changed and as predicted, they moan about it!!!

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
It's not even 24 hours since you found out about the timing change, so why not give it a bit more time.
At what point did I say that? Timing window was changed with the patch which also brought more bugs with it...

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
They changed it BECAUSE OF THE COMMUNITY, the users demanded change and it changed and as predicted, they moan about it!!!
I am presenting my opinion about the patch as I am entitled to like anybody else.[DOUBLEPOST=1529769373][/DOUBLEPOST]I
not more bugs, different ones....
I like
not more bugs, different ones....
Haha brilliant..

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
Also as said before if they really wanted to change the difficulty as "community" complained about it, why not do it on the Hardest level and leave others alone????

But noo that would make sense something rare to find these days...

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I honestly was trying to reason with you and help you out. And also requested some details regarding which Modes and Difficulty you're playing at. You haven't yet provided the details.

Also, the bugs you're talking about have been there since the first release version. About the timing window, I am personally not getting a nick with every mistimed shot, unless it is really mistimed. And if I was mistiming this badly, I would go down 1 or 2 difficulties. I don't see the problem with it. Batting is a joy at Hard for me personally. Maybe not be for you.

The decision regarding whether the changes were required or not solely depends on the Developers. You and I can choose to purchase or not. (And the game is obviously not broken).

acidrock924

Club Cricketer
I honestly was trying to reason with you and help you out. And also requested some details regarding which Modes and Difficulty you're playing at. You haven't yet provided the details.

Also, the bugs you're talking about have been there since the first release version. About the timing window, I am personally not getting a nick with every mistimed shot, unless it is really mistimed. And if I was mistiming this badly, I would go down 1 or 2 difficulties. I don't see the problem with it. Batting is a joy at Hard for me personally. Maybe not be for you.

The decision regarding whether the changes were required or not solely depends on the Developers. You and I can choose to purchase or not. (And the game is obviously not broken).

As mentioned previously going down a level makes the game very easy to play, before the patch Hard difficulty was the perfect spot for me.

Since yesterday I started playing as a Star Career player and definitely things are much better there. I played on Hard/Hard/Hard/Pro, made a couple of hundreds no problem or complaints. This obviously explains that I have been getting edges left/right and centre due to the fact that my Career player do not have enough XP on him (I think its around 60 or 70) as compared to the star player who is around 90. So in other words they are saying more we play better they will get by earning more XP which in my opinion is a bad logic as a good player is still a good player does not matter if he is playing his 1st or a 400th match. Using their logic players like Martin Guptill, KL Rahul, Andy Flower and others would never have scored a century on their respective debuts?

Anyhow I just wanted to add my two cents probably the best way forward is skip career play for now for me.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Eh? I am well below 'medium' and still nickerbockerama! Sigh

And how 'get good' do you have to 'get' after 700 hrs db17 and 60 hrs ashes? Eh? ha

Anyway, goodish game pre this patch. Now unplayable!

Oh hi @wasteyouryouth. I use your players and teams. Nice work.
You are perhaps rushing into your shots. Watch the ball pace and play your shots.. it's easy if you are not pre-meditation.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has the timing window changed from last patch?if so do you have to play slightly earlier or later?still struggling with it tbh.
I was playing well before this patch,now I'm struggling to put bat on ball

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I Play on Veteran Online Only .

In Pro20`s , the Edges so far seem reasonable and the game is very enjoyable.

But ODI and Tests , its basically , now a Game of Block , Leave or play Legside only.

Offside is fraught with massive risk , with Balls timed as "OK and even Good" ending up as edges.

In a way I understand that if a ball seams enough , even an ideally timed shot will still be edged , but it just feels a bit lop sided at the moment.

We still get the instances where you will start a Test off , be 30/0 after 5 Overs , with all shots hitting Good or ideal and no edges , and next thing Ross flicks the switch and then all hell breaks loose.

We cannot make out why this happens , but the cycle seems to repeat itself with every Test.

Will give Pro a Shot for Tests , but the problem is the Balls already ping to the Boundary when hit right on Veteran , I think Pro will just be too easy for me.

But lets see , I will report back once I played it enough.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I Play on Veteran Online Only .

In Pro20`s , the Edges so far seem reasonable and the game is very enjoyable.

But ODI and Tests , its basically , now a Game of Block , Leave or play Legside only.

Offside is fraught with massive risk , with Balls timed as "OK and even Good" ending up as edges.

In a way I understand that if a ball seams enough , even an ideally timed shot will still be edged , but it just feels a bit lop sided at the moment.

We still get the instances where you will start a Test off , be 30/0 after 5 Overs , with all shots hitting Good or ideal and no edges , and next thing Ross flicks the switch and then all hell breaks loose.

We cannot make out why this happens , but the cycle seems to repeat itself with every Test.

Will give Pro a Shot for Tests , but the problem is the Balls already ping to the Boundary when hit right on Veteran , I think Pro will just be too easy for me.

But lets see , I will report back once I played it enough.

There seems quite a fine margin. Pre the timing window changes I played AI legend, batting and bowling hard and I would have to play quite badly to lose.

Post patch changes I couldn’t even be mildly competitive on those settings. (Btw I consider that a good thing.)

I’m now on veteran, medium bowling, and medium batting with shot timing slider reduced from 50 to 48 and foot placement from 50 to 49.

Those 2 sliders reduced by 2 and 1 notch respectively make it go from an unpleasant struggle (much as you describe) to a pleasant struggle (work hard for runs but score around the wicket).

This is offline and I know sliders don’t apply online, I guess my point more is that it seems he margins are exceedingly tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread