India tour of Australia Nov'20-Jan'21

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Two things which I have said on this topic itself-

This team will not wilt into misery. Seen enough of Jinks to know that. Yes, Pant was outstanding but he had to have had the blessings from the dressing room to do what he did. That is the sort of freedom you need to give to a guy like him. Had he batted another hour, India would have won the test match. Cricketers like him are game changers. One of the best keeper batsmen and captain in the world dropped three catches today. "The cricketer of the decade" dropped three of the most simple catches you will see being dropped in the white ball leg of this tour. Cricketers drop catches. It happens. The media just loves to highlight those that are tipped to be the "next big thing."

All those Pujara haters- He batted 64 overs in this test. That is more than 70% of a full days test cricket. In the context of this match, honestly speaking, he is the man of the match. But, most people don't have the intellect to recognise that sort of stuff.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Do you guys agree with Smith being given MotM?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was an amazing escape from India. Not only did they show fight, they looked like they were seriously going to challenge the target the way Pant was playing. In the end it was a brilliant decision to promote him, he was allowed to play his natural game and let Pujara do his thing in comparison to the bottled up pressure in the partnership between Pujara and Vihari in the first innings. This innings showed how important it is to have a counterattacking batsman to put pressure on the opposition themselves whilst being under pressure. But also showed how you need someone like a Pujara to play out a lot of balls. Heard a lot of commentary during this match criticizing his slow approach to his innings, especially during the first innings which is complete BS as that's what allowed India to draw the game. Great effort by the batting lineup all round amidst the news of controversies and injuries

The Aussies will have only themselves to blame for this draw, could feel like a defeat to them. Several chances were there for the taking especially with two catches that Paine dropped off Pant when he was 20-odd and one late in the day, coupled with a few more chances from others throughout the day.

This Indian team continues to surprise in this Test series, after being losing the first game all in one hour, going to win at the MCG and drawing a game which never seemed it would be drawn. The Gabba is an Aussie stronghold, but who knows? The way the Indian team is fighting out there is still a small possibility of it being breached amidst all the injuries. If only Bumrah can somehow recover from his niggle by the time of the Gabba test, and if the absence of Jaddu doesn't hurt us too much I wouldn't feel too pessimistic.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't think racists care if you've played 2 or 200 test matches.

My hearing must be going cause I can't make out anything beyond 'Siraj'
At 0:09, there is another voice beyond the chorus. You can hear it because it’s a different tone from the chorus. Have to listen carefully, because they've cleverly disguised it with the chant.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Do India have enough players on the bench? Lots of injuries. Hopefully some will recover before Brisbane.

B

Bigby Wolf

At 0:09 you can clearly hear "brown dog". Cleverly disguised by the disgusting pieces of scum, chanting his name in unison before the racist shout, so it isn’t caught on video, while still reaching the player. Failed. I bet they did the same with Bumrah.

Reddit was utter Shit Yesterday and still is - the Aussies were like he did deliberately to disrupt the spirit of the game.

He is such a Softie or something got whacked by Green so decided to take the frustation Out & things like that were all over the subreddit yesterday.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Agarwal
Sharma
Pujara
Gill
Rahane
Pant
Saha
Ashwin (his fitness is tapering off as I expected and he will want to play the 4th test but I would rest him for Kuldeep because without Jadeja he will be needed against England)
Saini
Siraj
Bumrah

Obviously, this is assuming Vihari is unfit and Bumrah is fit.

Users who are viewing this thread