Rahul Dravid steps down-What next ?

Dhoni is India's new captain, was it the right choice?

• No, Yuvraj should be captain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, someone else should captain (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

baburao

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What the hell did he do ? Indian presidents do jack all.

Mind your language.:rolleyes:You have no idea what he did.

Well, its got to be Ganguly IMO.
Short or long term, i'm thinking NOW. Not 1556 gabazillion years in the future.
NOW is what matters.
NOW ganguly has to be captain of TEAM INDIA.

I like CAPS.
Yes Ganguly.He is the man.;)

Last edited:

.Mob

International Coach
Dhoni named captain for series VS Australia.

Correct choice in my opinion, going back to Dada is just a backward step and we need to move on, the big three aren't gonna be around for too much long.

baburao

Club Cricketer

Correct choice in my opinion, going back to Dada is just a backward step and we need to move on, the big three aren't gonna be around for too much long.

Good thing is selectors have kicked Agarkar for the Aus series.But why Rohit Sharma?It clearly shows their double standard.Agarkar keep playing even after bad performances.And Rohit Sharma who didnt get many chances is out without any reason.:mad:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman

So what?
They're around now, might as well make use of them for now.
What a stupid desicion. We keep looking deep into the future like we're some kind of aspiring time travelers or something. What matters is NOW.
FFS!
If Dhoni doesn't do well for a couple of series i'd even consider dropping him. And now THIS?
Peh

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The selectors have their heads buried deep up their ass.

In terms of the captaincy issue, though, they really did not have too much choice. But the team selection remains to be weird. It seems they still are not going to bring Sehwag back and they have gotten rid of Rohit Sharma with no rhyme or reason.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yesterday i saw Siddhu's reaction in NDTV regarding this issue.. lol :laugh He told, " I would like to watch Katrina Kaif dancing instead of wasting time in arguing about this issue.. If the long hair and personality is going to be the criteria for captaincy.. my dear friend.. Dravid is more smart than Dhoni to fill that criteria " and he went on similar to that... :p :laugh

Also, i heard Kapil Dev in another news channel saying, " if we can have temporary coach for one series or two series, why don't we try captain also like that ".

hmm.. another burning issue for the media ;) I feel, lets see how this new captain performs. With Twenty 20( that too we have seen just a couple of games ) we cannot come to conclusion that he is not going to be a good captain. Lets see for one or two series.. if he is not going to show good captaincy, definitely there is gonna be a change.

Dhoni, as a batsman, has matured and is maturing very well. He is very well aware of when to lift the game and when to maintain patience incase of pressure situations. With the further captaincy pressure coming over his shoulders, we have to see whether he enjoys taking up that challenge or gets frustrated. :cool:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni as captain is a wrong move. I would back Yuvraj to think better than Dhoni any day. Besides Dhoni as keeper and captain would find it very hard to concentrate on the field.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni as captain is a wrong move. I would back Yuvraj to think better than Dhoni any day. Besides Dhoni as keeper and captain would find it very hard to concentrate on the field.

thats why yuvraj singh is vice captain, wicketkeepers have the best view if a bowler is tiring judging the hardness of the ball hitting the wicketkeepers gloves when it carries through, also if the bowlers are slacking line and lentgh, and what the pitch is doing.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I think Dhoni will be great. I like him, and I think he's got a cool head and has no issues. Yuvraj for eg, needs to control his discipline. Ganguly is a hot head. Dhoni seems to be doing a good job. I say we give him a chance before shooting him down. A lot was said when Graeme Smith was given the captaincy but look how it's paid off for SA.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Dhoni can't be a good captain. Besides, its an insult to Yuvraj who has performed better for India over a period of time. But lets see how this one pans out.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Something that never happened in Indian cricket has happened.
A person who has been in the side for just two years has been named captain.
Good move in my opinion.
I couldnt decide whether Yuvraj would have made a better captain.
Lets see how it goes !

I wish Dhoni all the best.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Wait, so for the last 12 page you've bee banging on about how it has to be Dhoni or Yuvaj, and when they actually appoint one of them, you say it was the wrong decision?

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Wait, so for the last 12 page you've bee banging on about how it has to be Dhoni or Yuvaj, and when they actually appoint one of them, you say it was the wrong decision?

If you meant me, I voted for Yuvraj ahead of Dhoni. I never mentioned Dhoni as I don't think he has enough experience at the international level yet ;)

If not, ignore me. But quote the person you are referring to, otherwise the discussion gets a bit confusing.

Animator!

School Cricketer
I ws talking more generally as countless people neither specified which they would rather have had.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

Has there been any announcement of the Test captain? I haven't been following the latest on this...

Users who are viewing this thread