Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
At last I've completed Australia 1970s. One of my favourite eras of cricket. This era is one of Australias best full of great cricketing characters!

I'd built on the great work of @gleeso73 by using some of his bases and tweaking and perking them, and for the most part creating my own bad boys.

So 34 included but no Keith Stackpole or Ian Redpath who I've left in the 1960s. Ian Chappell and Doug Walters also bridged both eras but they are included in the 70s squad.

So the openers are , captain Ian Chappell and Rick McCosker, at first down is the elegant Greg Chappell, at 4 is the brilliant chain smoking Doug Walters, at 5 and 6 are two players who performed well in this era, in Paul Sheahan and Ross Edwards, these two are often overlooked when discussing this era.

At 7 is all time great keeper Rodney Marsh, at 8 another all time great in Dennis Lillie at 9 is the legendary speed merchant Jeff Thomson, at 10 is the epitome of Aussie machismo in Max Walker, and 11 is one of the finest spinner of his generation in Australia Ashley Mallett

It is in the squad that things get interesting with many vying for places in the first 11.

Shane Warne's mentor, Terry Jenner fights for Mallet's spin spot along with Kerry O'Keefe, and Jim Higgs.

There is more bowling talent in Alan Hurst, talented Gary Gilmour, fiery Len Pascoe, swing king Bob Massie, Mick Malone, Trevor Laughlin and many others whose careers were enhanced in one way or another by the creation of World Series Cricket under Kerry Packer.

Ian Davis and Alan Turner lead the talent of replacements if Edward's and Sheahan donot live up to expectations.

Thanks to logo, bats, uniform makers!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1960s.

The great allrounder Richie Benaud and Alan 'Davo' Davidson could have made the 60s squad, especially Benaud who led Australia early on the decade, but these two giants of Australian cricket made their names in the mid to late 1950s.

So this side is led by Bob Simpson, and he opens with future captain Bill Lawry.

The brilliant, Norm O'Neil was often dubbed the new Bradman,is in at 3. At 4 is the consistent, Brian Boothe, at 5 is the beefy hard hitter, Peter Burge, at 6 is the talented allrounder Bob Cowper.

Cowper could be the difference maker here. Another player whose career is largely forgotten.

At 7 is Eric 'Fritzy' Freeman, at 8, the excellent Wally Grout, 9 Graham McKenizie who will lead the attack:at 10 is spinner John Gleeson, and at 11 is Neil Hawke.

Putting this team together was fun and the batting is very solid.

Thank you to the logo, kit, bat makers,

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1950s.

One of my favourite teams to build and create. 15 players in total to take on all comers. I made the decision as chief selector to keep Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Johnston, Johnson and Morris in the 1940s, so that most of the 1948 Invincible team can still play together.

However the 1950s has 3 all time greats in it and is led by the great Richie Benaud, one of Australia's shrewdest captains.

A quick nod to @gleeso73 who from memory was one of the earliest to put Australia decade squads on Cricket 19.

I have taken his Benaud and Ken Mackay and perked them up a bit and I must say I love the face work from @gleeso73 original Benaud. The rest of the players are created from scratch.

Solid Colin McDonald and combative Jim Burke will open the innings. McDonald is the vice captain and Burke is the sledger in chief on the field.

Followed at number 3 by Neil Harvey an all time great. Harvey an attacking left hander will be easy to spot in the field as he didn't wear a cap.

Graeme Hole is 4, though another darter, he can give his wicket away carelessly,

Ian Craig is at number 5. One time thought of as 'The Next Bradman', Craig looks beautiful at the crease, but can the young man destined to captain Australia, succeed on Cricket 19?

Tall, Ron Archer is a capable allrounder at 6 and should take to the shorter formats with his big hitting style.

At 7 is leg spinner and captain Benaud, known for his leg spin, the man has flair to boot and is noticable from his upturned collar.

At 8 is a player that is as obdurate as they come, Ken 'Slasher' Mackay. A popular cricketer who can block up an end and also get wickets when needed.

At 9 is the brilliant all round talent of Alan 'Davo' Davidson. The left hand fast medium pacer can swing and cut it and can blast the ball all over the park. He is Benaud's ace in the hole.

At 10 is the stout keeper, Gil Langley, another fine keeper in an era when Australia trotted out Wally Grout, Len Maddox, and Barry Jarman.

At 11 is the mystery man himself. Big Jack Iverson. Iverson's career was brief due to the war and a career ending injury but due to his grip of the ball, can befuddle the best in the world.

12th man, I've selected Gordon Rorke, 6'5 and a controversial figure. He will get a career in Cricket 19, though in real life, this blonde pacer was banned for 'chucking'.

Les Favell is an attacking batsmen that could replace, Burke in limited overs due to his attacking style.

Len Maddox is a capable keeper, and Ken Archer, brother of Ron is around is if any of the other batsmen lose form.

Thank you to the logo, kit, stadium and bat creators.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
1987 England and Aus teams are there as I made the final for a scenario.

woukd be pretty confident the players for 1983 and 1992 finals are there too from all the work I, @Mouseydread @gleeso73 and @DalePlaysCricket have done
I think East Africa 1975 are missing but you can always make them up from the stats available online or use South Africa as a substitute, there are many South Africans from that era covered by the retro mob!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1940s.

The bulk of the legendary 1948 Invincible squad is here. To get the full squad Bradman is in the 30s upload and Harvey in the 50s.

So kudos to @gleeso73 whose Lindwall, Hasett, and Ring bases I've tweaked. The rest are newly created.

Attacking Left handed opener Arthur Morris opens the batting with Sid Barnes. Barnes defense will blunt the new ball and Morris will seek to take initiative from the off

At three charismatic Keith Miller, in his day the most popular cricketer in the world.

At four is the diminutive skipper, and major run getter, Lindsay Hassett.

At five is allrounder Sam Loxton.

At six is clever bowling allrounder Colin McCool.

At seven is another bowling allrounder in spinner, Ian Johnson.

At eight is the great pacer Ray Lindwall who can bat a bit.

At nine and keeper is the tall Don Tallon one of Australia's greatest keepers.

At ten is left am medium Ernie Toshack whose economy will keep batsmen struggling for runs.

At eleven is tall left arm pacer Bill Johnston. One of the heroes of the 1948 tour.

With an attack of Lindwall..Miller..Johnston .Toshack..Johnson and, Loxton and McCool, this team will take some beating.

Hammence, A'Beckett, Ring, Saggers, Tribe, and Dooland are in reserve.

Thanks to the kit, logo, stadium and bat creators as ever.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1930s. A big nod to @gleeso73 as I've used some of his bases with perks and minor adjustments and mixed with new creations of mine.

Any team with Don Bradman would be a contender in any series and any format of cricket. Throw in batsman Stan McCabe, Bill Brown, Archie Jackson and spin wizard Tiger O'Reilly and this sude could be near unbeatable.

So its the athletic, Bill Brown and his regular batting partner the reliable, Jack 'Fingo' Fingleton who will open the innings.

The 'Don' is at 3. The exciting allround talent of Stan McCabe at 4. At 5 is the mythical Archie Jackson, who was said to be on a level of talent as Bradman.

Len Darling is an attacking left handed batsman at 6. Ed A'Beckett is the allrounder at 7. A'Beckett was originally in the 40s squad but has transferred in at his request.

At 8 is Ben Barnett at keeper. He has made the squad as Bert Oldfield, Australia's great keeper of the time will play for the 20s squad. So Barnett has a lot to prove.

At 9 is the Tiger himself. The ultra competitive Bill O'Reilly. One of Australia's spinners of all time. With Grimmett in the 1920s squad, the spotlight is all on Tiger.

At 10 is the 6'5 wayward maverick, Chuck Fleetwood-Smith. His left arm spinning action will be a mystery to many.

At 11 is the genuinely quick , Ernie McCormick. With no other genuine new ball partner other than medium pacer, McCabe, McCormick will use his awkward inswingers to trouble opposing batsmen.

Tim Wall is a capable fast medium in reserve, along with pacer Keith Rigg. Arthur Chippefield and Merv Waite provide back up at the allrounder position.

Alan Fairfax is a capable batsman and bowler too, who may have done more in his career if he had not
left test cricket soon after 1930. He would have been in his peak years during the 1930s.

Thanks to the kit, stadium, logo, bat makers, as usual! I will one day I hope do an all Aussie draft league as I've enjoyed going through their history

Enjoy!

Last edited:

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Uploaded Australia 1930s. A big nod to @gleeso73 as I've used some of his bases with perks and minor adjustments and mixed with new creations of mine.

Any team with Don Bradman would be a contender in any series and any format of cricket. Throw in batsman Stan McCabe, Bill Brown, Archie Jackson and spin wizard Tiger O'Reilly and this sude could be near unbeatable.

So its the athletic, Bill Brown and his regular batting partner the reliable, Jack 'Fingo' Fingleton who will open the innings.

The 'Don' is at 3. The exciting allround talent of Stan McCabe at 4. At 5 is the mythical Archie Jackson, who was said to be on a level of talent as Bradman.

Len Darling is an attacking left handed batsman at 6. Ed A'Beckett is the allrounder at 7. A'Beckett was originally in the 40s squad but has transferred in at his request.

At 8 is Ben Barnett at keeper. He has made the squad as Bert Oldfield, Australia's great keeper of the time will play for the 20s squad. So Barnett has a lot to prove.

At 9 is the Tiger himself. The ultra competitive Bill O'Reilly. One of Australia's spinners of all time. With Grimmett in the 1920s squad, the spotlight is all on Tiger.

At 10 is the 6'5 wayward maverick, Chuck Fleetwood-Smith. His left arm spinning action will be a mystery to many.

At 11 is the genuinely quick , Ernie McCormick. With no other genuine new ball partner other than medium pacer, McCabe, McCormick will use his awkward inswingers to trouble opposing batsmen.

Tim Wall is a capable fast medium in reserve, along with pacer Keith Rigg. Arthur Chippefield and Merv Waite provide back up at the allrounder position.

Alan Fairfax is a capable batsman and bowler too, who may have done more in his career if he had not
left test cricket soon after 1930. He would have been in his peak years during the 1930s.

Thanks to the kit, stadium, logo, bat makers, as usual! I will one day I hope do an all Aussie draft league as I've enjoyed going through their history

Enjoy!

My absolute favourite era of cricket. When giants walked the earth.

Users who are viewing this thread