Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded West Indies 1988, no Garner, no Gomes, no Mikey...

King Viv, Dujon and Greenidge were coming to an end...but they still Haynes..and Marshall and Richie Richardson was about to enter his prime years of greatness.

A talented supporting cast in Roger Harper..and Gus Logie..and Winston Benjamin..and Patrick Patterson..and Carl Hooper..and Phil Simmons..and the unlucky Ian Bishop and the beginning of a world class bowling tandem in Walsh and Ambrose!

Clearly this side was at the beginning of the end of the 'Fire in Babylon' dynasty. A stress fracture derailed Ian Bishop's career and had he not had this, with Lara's entry just around the corner, Australia would have had to wait just a tad longer for their dominance.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated and uploaded New Zealand 70s.

The opening pair are the prolific Glenn Turner, an opener in the tradition of making runs like Dempster and Sutcliffe before him. Also to open is the talented Robert Anderson who should have had more caps as his talent deserved this.

At 3 is the skipper Mark Burgess followed by future captain Geoff Howarth who could have made the 80s squad too.

At 5 is Brian Hastings, 6 John Parker and at 7 the aggressive allrounder Lance Cairns, another who could have made the 80s squad.

Richard Collinge is the left arm fast medium at 8 and at 9 is the excellent Ken Wadsworth. At 10 is the talented Dayle Hadlee and at 11 is Headley Howarth.

Most of these players I'd already made in a classic New Zealand side but here there are newer kit versions

Thanks to @DalePlaysCricket for the jumpers and the content creators such as @wasteyouryouth and @llewellyn7 and others

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1980s.

It has players I've uploaded before and then some.

Richard Hadlee is the star of this group of 19 players, it includes John Wright, Bruce Edgar, Jeremy Coney, the great Martin Crowe, John F Reid, Ken Rutherford, Jeff Crowe, Ian Smith, Ewan Chatfield, my favourite CPU player, Gary Troupe, and the Bracewells and Stephen Boock this team could give most a fight especially at home.

Thanks once again to the kit creators, logo makers and @DalePlaysCricket for the jumpers!

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
The emergence of Kerry Packer and the departure of many great Australian players to play in it, created a vacuum in the talent available for Test selection.

Into the void entered the retired Bob Simpson to lead Australia into a new era. There was talent available but Australia as a test nation was soon to descend into mediocrity.

I originally wanted to just create the Australian team that Bob Simpson took to the West Indies, as that was the first test team I saw visit the West Indies when my father took me to Sabina Park.

However when I researched the team, I looked at the players who played against India in the same period and against England in 1978/79.

So here they are, Bob Simpson, Kim Hughes, Graham Yallop, Jeff Thomson, Trevor Laughlin, Wayne Clark, Rodney Hogg, Peter Toohey, Bruce Yardley, Geoff Dymock, Alan Hurst, Anthony Mann, John Dyson, Ian Callen, Graeme Wood, Rick Darling, Craig Sergeant, Jim Higgs, Phil Carson, Gary Cosier, David Ogilvie, Sam Gannon, Steve Rixon and John Maclean.

The squad has personality too with Tommo, the Kamikaze twins, Wood and Darling, the mercurial Kim Hughes, the underrated Bruce Yardley, talented leggie Jim Higgs and the aggressive Rodney Hogg and Alan Hurst.

I've used bases from @gleeso73 for Hughes, Hogg, Yardley, Dyson , Wood, Cosier, and Rixon. I've either tweaked stats and perks, or altered appearances.

Thanks to the creators of uniforms, logos, bats, for their creations!

Enjoy!

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
The emergence of Kerry Packer and the departure of many great Australian players to play in it, created a vacuum in the talent available for Test selection.

Into the void entered the retired Bob Simpson to lead Australia into a new era. There was talent available but Australia as a test nation was soon to descend into mediocrity.

I originally wanted to just create the Australian team that Bob Simpson took to the West Indies, as that was the first test team I saw visit the West Indies when my father took me to Sabina Park.

However when I researched the team, I looked at the players who played against India in the same period and against England in 1978/79.

So here they are, Bob Simpson, Kim Hughes, Graham Yallop, Jeff Thomson, Trevor Laughlin, Wayne Clark, Rodney Hogg, Peter Toohey, Bruce Yardley, Geoff Dymock, Alan Hurst, Anthony Mann, John Dyson, Ian Callen, Graeme Wood, Rick Darling, Craig Sergeant, Jim Higgs, Phil Carson, Gary Cosier, David Ogilvie, Sam Gannon, Steve Rixon and John Maclean.

The squad has personality too with Tommo, the Kamikaze twins, Wood and Darling, the mercurial Kim Hughes, the underrated Bruce Yardley, talented leggie Jim Higgs and the aggressive Rodney Hogg and Alan Hurst.

I've used bases from @gleeso73 for Hughes, Hogg, Yardley, Dyson , Wood, Cosier, and Rixon. I've either tweaked stats and perks, or altered appearances.

Thanks to the creators of uniforms, logos, bats, for their creations!

Enjoy!

It’s a very interesting era. Lots of guys who got opportunities to wear the Baggy Green they never would have without World Series Cricket.

On DBC17 I created an ACB Establishment XI...it was fun to pit them against WSC Australia.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
It’s a very interesting era. Lots of guys who got opportunities to wear the Baggy Green they never would have without World Series Cricket.

On DBC17 I created an ACB Establishment XI...it was fun to pit them against WSC Australia.

Yeah I got to see some of these players when I was a kid, I can still see Peter Toohey in my head at Sabina park and Tommo..and I really liked Steve Rixon he inspired me to become a wicket keeper.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah I got to see some of these players when I was a kid, I can still see Peter Toohey in my head at Sabina park and Tommo..and I really liked Steve Rixon he inspired me to become a wicket keeper.

That would’ve been brilliant.

I got to watch Thommo bowl live at the SCG in ‘82/‘83...past his fastest...but that action was amazing to watch from side-on.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1970s All Decade.

27 players for this squad. A mixture of my players and @blockerdave and possibly @gleeso73 creations. A few tweaks to faces and perks. The retro scene has so much creativity it is so much easier to put together a side like England's classics.

I've rediscovered an old book by Christopher Martin Jenkins called the 'Complete Who's Who of test cricketers' which pretty much has a profile on every player who played until 1987.

I like it as some of the profiles are on cricinfo profiles but it goes into detail about fielding positions, attributes, favourite shots to help me with 'perking'

Yes I said it 'Perking' !

Anyway this side has Tony Greig, Geoff Boycott, Dennis, Amiss, Geoff Arnold, Keith Fletcher, Chris Old, John Edrich, JK Lever, Derek Underwood, Bob Woolmer, Mike Hendrick, Graham Roope, Alan Knott, David 'Bumble' Lloyd, Brian Luckhurst, Derek Randall, Bob Willis, Mike Denness, Alan Ward, Frank Hayes, Barry Wood, Pat Pocock, Mike Brearley, John Hampshire, and Bob Taylor.

I've created two lineups, the second being close to what I feel a one day squad could have looked like if the stars needed a break.

Brearley I may move to 1980s as those boys might need some leadership. This was an era of politics around the captaincy, Boycott refused to play for England for many years because of issues.

Ray Illingworth was left out of selection to join the upcoming 60s team. I've continued my simple uniform WSC kits for use and pilfered @blockerdave MCC and Test Jumper kits.

Thanks to those already mentioned and the kit, logi, stadium, bat makers.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

27 players for this squad. A mixture of my players and @blockerdave and possibly @gleeso73 creations. A few tweaks to faces and perks. The retro scene has so much creativity it is so much easier to put together a side like England's classics.

I've rediscovered an old book by Christopher Martin Jenkins called the 'Complete Who's Who of test cricketers' which pretty much has a profile on every player who played until 1987.

I like it as some of the profiles are on cricinfo profiles but it goes into detail about fielding positions, attributes, favourite shots to help me with 'perking'

Anyway this side has Tony Greig, Geoff Boycott, Dennis, Amiss, Geoff Arnold, Keith Fletcher, Chris Old, John Edrich, JK Lever, Derek Underwood, Bob Woolmer, Mike Hendrick, Graham Roope, Alan Knott, David 'Bumble' Lloyd, Brian Luckhurst, Derek Randall, Bob Willis, Mike Denness, Alan Ward, Frank Hayes, Barry Wood, Pat Pocock, Mike Brearley, John Hampshire, and Bob Taylor.

I've created two lineups, the second being close to what I feel a one day squad could have looked like if the stars needed a break.

Brearley I may move to 1980s as those boys might need some leadership. This was an era of politics around the captaincy, Boycott refused to play for England for many years because of issues.

Ray Illingworth was left out of selection to join the upcoming 60s team. I've continued my simple uniform WSC kits for use.

Thanks to this already mentioned and the kit, logi, stadium, bat makers.

Enjoy

I foy didn't, you should use @wasteyouryouth model for Boycott, its incredible

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
YNJxvv1.png

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Ray Illingworth was left out of selection to join the upcoming 60s team. I've continued my simple uniform WSC kits for use and pilfered @blockerdave MCC and Test Jumper kits.

Thanks to those already mentioned and the kit, logi, stadium, bat makers.

Enjoy

I must confess the awesome MCC stuff is all @gleeso73

Users who are viewing this thread