Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1930s.

There are some stars here, this side would be led by one of three first class cricketing brothers, the agressive batsman, CK Nayudu.

This was an era of change and this was reflected in the team, Wasir Ali was a rival for the captaincy but here he would have to settle for vice captain.

The most recognisable stars are Vijay Mercgant, second only to Don Bradman in first class batting average and the impressive Lala Armanath later to have his two sons Mohinder and Surinder play for their county too.

Amar Singh would be the premier allrounder but the real find in this squad was the genuinely rapid Shaikh Mohammad Nissar. In case there wasnt enough intrigue at the leadership position, CS Nayudu has leadership skills like his brother CK and Jahanghir Khan would also be a future captain. Khan would also produce a son Majid who would play for Pakistan with distinction.

14 players in the squad

I'm.looking forward to testing @gleeso73 20s squads with my WI, SA, and now India 1920s squads

Thanks to the uniform, logo, stadium makers.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1950s

Great talent allround. Led by the exciting Polly Umrigar, this teams boasts some of India's greatest ever.

The standard before the 90s generation of batsmen was set by Vijay Hazare who will also make the India all time squad.

He is backed up by the all round talent of Vinoo Manked who opened the innings during this era and could turn the ball with his slow left armers.

In Fergie Gupte, India had their first great leg spinner, and one of the best ever. Dhattu Phadkhar was a very talented pin up allrounder who bridged the gap between Amar Singh in the 30s and Kapil Dev in the 80s.

Vijay Manjrekar, opener Pankaj Roy, CD Gopinath, and Hemu Adhikari ensure Vijay Hazare has batsmen to make runs with.

Probably my most interesting discovery was Gulabrai Ramchand. Another excellent allrounder who I think I missed when I did this side for Ashes.

Thanks for the uniform, logo and stadium creators, I think New Zealand 50s will be my next 50s set. I think that would complete all the major test nations of the 1950s as @gleeso73 has done England and Australia. I see a tournament brewing...

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1960s.

A lot of these players were uploaded in my India 1967/1968 and 1970 squads, two classic sides. This however is an era squad that contains new players that did not make those squads.

This side is led by Mansoor Ali Khan, the Nawab of Pataudi Jr. With his leadership they will always be in a fight.

It contains the talented but unfortunate Nari Contractor and aggresive wicketkeeper batsman Budhi Kunderan to open the innings.

Dilip Sardesai, future captain Ajit Wadekar, Chandu Borde, bolster the batting with the Nawab, with Rusi Surti in at 6 and the excellent keeper Farouk Engineer at 7.

Engineer will take the gloves, to leave Kunderan to bat up top.

Bapu Nadkarni is a spin master at 9 and match winner, who can bat, and Ramakant Desai will open the bowling and bat at 10, this leaves another spin master Erapali Prasanna at 11.

Newcomers in the squad of 17 not previously made other than Nari Contractor and Kunderan are, headed by the talented Hanumant Singh and Raman Surrendranath, Unesh Kulkarni and Venkat Subramanya.

Many thanks to the bat, uniform, logo and content creators, enjoy if you haven't downloaded most of the players in earlier individual squads mentioned.

Enjoy.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1970s.

This side has once again some players previously uploaded in India 1970 classic side, however has many new players from the era and some facial updates like Gavaskar and Mohinder Amarnath.

The great Gavaskar and his regular opening partner Cheran Chahaun open the batting. The diminutive Gundappa Vishwanath, and Mohinder Armarnath are dangerous at 3 and 5.

Sandwiched between the two talented batsmen is the brilliant close catcher Eknath Solkar one of history's greatest close catchers. Solkar had added value as a stock opening bowler before the legendary spinners come on.

Madam Lal is at 6 as a tricky medium pacer and like Amarnath another medium pace when destroying fast bowling, would go on to play a prominent part in the 1983 World Cup triumph.

Syed Abed Ali is at 7 and as a fast medium will open the bowling and at 8 is India's great wicketkeeper, the bald Syed Kirmani, another World cup winner.

Then we have 3 of India's all time legendary spin quartet, this trio played most often, and as Prasanna is in the 1960s squad, Bishen Bedhi, Venkat and leggie Chandrasekar will start here.

The squad is rounded out by one iof India's highest first class run makers in Brijesh Patel, talented Ashok Mankad, back up opener the slow batting but brave, Ashaman Gaekwad, left armer Kharsan Ghavri, flashy and aggressive Surinder Amarnath, and back up keeper Barath Reddy.

The backups on this squad are excellent and a Gaekwad, Ghavri and Mankad it could be argued could make the first 11.

Thanks to the bat, logo, uniform and stadium makers for their work.

Enjoy!!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 80s.

Some of these players have been uploaded on my India 1986 squad.

The openers are the exciting Kris Srikkanth and allrounder Ravi Shastri. In the one day game this pair could be unstoppable if the get really going.

At 3 is one the world's best batsmen in the elegant Dilip Vengsarkar. 4 is locked down by another batting master in Mohammad Azharuddin. The reliable Yasphal Sharma and the handsome and attacking Sandeep Patil are at 6vand 6.

At 7 is India's talisman, the great bowling master, Kapil Dev. At 8 is the mercurial allrounder Kirti Azad.

At 9 is a talented player who was exciting but left cricket too early.. Sadanand Vishwanath was the keeper who was a star in the World Championship in 1985, a 1 day tournament India win the heels of their one day triumph.

At 10 is the ever ready Chetan Sharma and at 11 I'd the accurate bespectacled spinner Dillip Doshi.

There are more players fighting for selection, including wicket keeper Kiren More, spinner Maninder Singh, batsmen Ashok Malhotra and Arun Lal, and one time lef spin prodigy, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan.

Thanks to logo, bat, uniform, stadium creators.

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 80s.

Some of these players have been uploaded on my India 1986 squad.

The openers are the exciting Kris Srikkanth and allrounder Ravi Shastri. In the one day game this pair could be unstoppable if the get really going.

At 3 is one the world's best batsmen in the elegant Dilip Vengsarkar. 4 is locked down by another batting master in Mohammad Azharuddin. The reliable Yasphal Sharma and the handsome and attacking Sandeep Patil are at 5 and 6.

At 7 is India's talisman, the great bowling master, Kapil Dev. At 8 is the mercurial allrounder Kirti Azad.

At 9 is a talented player who was exciting but left cricket too early.. Sadanand Vishwanath was the keeper who was a star in the World Championship in 1985, a 1 day tournament India won on the heels of their one day World Cup triumph.

At 10 is the ever ready Chetan Sharma and at 11 is the accurate bespectacled spinner Dillip Doshi.

There are more players fighting for selection, including wicket keeper Kiren More, spinner Maninder Singh, batsmen Ashok Malhotra, and Arun Lal, and one time left armed spin prodigy, Laxman Sivaramakrishnan.

Thanks to logo, bat, uniform, stadium creators.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Mouseydread your recent burst of activity has made me go back for a bit of retro.

I’ve used players from your various windies teams, plus others from @gleeso73 @DalePlaysSports @wasteyouryouth @relaxedanderson (Capel and Bailey, you star!) to create the squads from the England tour of West Indies 1990.

gonna play through that tour and see how it goes, take England through my formative decade when I fell in love with cricket!

already up against it batting on a green top in Sabina Park. 89/4 at lunch.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1990s, 2000s and 2010s. A lot of great players I've cobbled together from the academy and tweaked ratings here and there.

Most of the players were in my individual India squads, but here they were in one place. All the key players from these era are here about 50 odd!

The 2000s team is awesome! Tendulkar is in the 90s but could have been in the 2000s. Same as MS Dhoni who is in the 2000s but could have been in the 2010s.

Many thanks to I think @Spoobir @Llewelynf @wasteyouryouth and the other creators out there for the majority of these players, bats, uniforms stadiums and logos.

I think an all India League is ready to go!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1900s. Just the 1910s to go for South Africa.

Anyway...opening the batting, the defensive Louis Tancred and the keeper batsman, Percy Sherwell.

At 3 and 4 are 2 South Africa's great early legends. All rounders Aubrey Faulkner and captain Dave Nourse, father of the great Dudley Nourse.

At 5 is an historic figure in the gifted Charlie 'Buck' Llewellyn, the first non white to play for South Africa and the only one until many generations later when Omar Henry debuted.

@blockerdave thanks for alerting me to him in a previous post! I was delighted when I found him!

At 6 is another allrounder and one of the quartet of excellent leg spinners in the side, in Gordon White.

At 7 is keeper, Ernest Halliwell, at 8 is probably the best leg spinner South Africa ever had until Hugh Tayfield in Bert Vogler.

At 9 is pacer Tip Snooke, and 10 another leggie in Reggie Schwartz, and finally young pacer, Johannes Kotze, one of the fastest bowlers in this era.

Back in the sheds are, the dashing William Shalders who opens, should be good for one dayers, 6'4 Jimmy Sinclair, who is a brute with the bat if he does not get out early, watch out! Jimmy can also bowl, already in my mind I can't wait to try hom in T20s. All rounder Frank Mitchell and batsman, Maitland Hathorn round out the squad.

Though a bit weak on the batting side, the leg spin quartet and two very good fast bowlers, should keep this team competitive, especially in test matches.

Many thanks for the uniforms, logos, stadiums, bats!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1910s, and updated South Africa 1900s, 1920s, 1930s and 1950s.

From the 00s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 50s all the key players are there now. I will do a 40s, though there a lot less players to work but do want to see 40s stars, Tufty Mann and Atholl Rowan get a game!

So in the squads Ive mentioned some of their stars for the first 50 years of their cricket. I am working on a SABOC team to represent outstanding non white players who were world class such as Eric Petersen, Frank' The dusty Bradman' Roro , Owen William's, and Dick Abed.

So in these aforementioned squads are, Aubrey Faulkner, Herbie Taylor, John Zulch, Bert Vogler, Sid Pegler, Dudley Nourse, Eric Rowan, Bruce Mitchell, Trevor Goddard, Jackie McGlew, Hugh Tayfield, Jack Cheetham, Peter Heine, Neil Adcock, John Waite and Roy McLean.

Enjoy the new teams and the updates.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1930s and have uploaded New Zealand 1940s. Very little test cricket played in the 40s but I would be doing the great Martin Donnelly a disservice if I did not gather a squad around him as this great man lost a lot a lot of his career to the war

Stewie Dempster 30s squad, and Martin Donnelly 40s would walk right into any New Zealand all time squad.

There are plenty of other stalwarts here, including Walter Hadlee and Jack Cowie both in the 40s squad.

Thanks to @DalePlaysCricket for the jumpers. Thanks to the other uniform creators, logo stadium makers.

Also a world cup 96 kit I've got from @DalePlaysCricket I feel one day match between the two squads 30s vs 40s is nigh!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1950s. The great opener Bert Sutcliffe, heads this squad of 19.

The allrounder John R Reid is another star whose stats would have been even greater it is said if New Zealand was stronger.

Included here is fast bowler Bob Blair whose tragic story is also one of heroism. Tony MacGibbon is another underrated bowlers as isthe ever durable medium pacer Harry Cave.

Lots of excellent fielders here which will make this team interesting to use in the short formats.

Thanks to @DalePlaysCricket for the jumpers! Also thanks to the kit, logo and uniform makers out there!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1960s. This squad of 16 has the dependable Bruce Murray and Graham Dowling at the top of the order.

At 3 is the confident Mike Shrimpton but he will be challenged by the composed, correct but inconsistent Paul Barton, Shrimpton is followed by one of New Zealand's leading lights of the 1960s and early 1970s, a man for any crisis, the all rounder, Bev Congdon.

At 5 is the 5'3 pain in the arse, Barry Sinclair, one of the best cover fielders of the era, followed by the exciting stocky, Vic Pollard at 6.

At 7 is the allrounder Bryan Yuilie whose accuracy and flight with his slow left armers will trouble the best batsmen.

There is the option to replace him with the reliable,
Ross Morgan is at 7, followed by the tireless fast bowler and another leading light of the era, Dick Motz. I've put Motz in at 8 as he can use the bat.

At 9 is brilliant keeper Artie Dick who will be challenged by John Ward, the back up keeper. 10 is Bob Cunis the aggresive fast medium another and at 11 is the Gary Bartlett who was a dangerous bowler on his day.

Batsman Noel McGregor will carry the drinks. John Alabaster is long serving member of the squad could get into the 11 if the wicket turns. There is also the sleeper in the pack the wily Frank Cameron who can swing it both ways.

I had posted some of these players in the New Zealand 69-70 squad previously.

Thanks to the kit, logo, uniform and stadium makers.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread