Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uploaded South Africa 1950s.

This team is led by Jack Cheetham and has a few South African all time greats. Jackie McGlew is a solid opener and he will stride to the wicket with his uber talented partner, one of the greatest all round ders of all time in Trevor Goodard.

Goddard is included in the 1950s squad but can also be part of the 1960s. The Proteas have two excellent keepers in John Waite and Russell Endean, both capable of big scores.

Yet it is in bowling that this team has three world class operators in Peter Heine and Neil Adcock, one of the most fearsome pace duos of all time.

Off spinner, Hugh Tayfield supersedes them further with his own greatness and is the most talented performer in the side.

Roy McLean provides the flair in the middle of the order and there are many options to round off the squad with Peter Carlstein, Clyde van Ryneveld, Dick Westcott, Jack Nel and flamboyant John Watkins backing up the this talented side.

A real match for any team and will be interesting in one day and 20/20.
Great to see you back, buddy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1920s, 1930s, 1960's and updated 1950s.

A whole host of greats here in each team. Dave Nourse, Herbie Taylor, John Zulch, Jimmy Blankenburg and the brilliantly named paceman, Buster Nuppen are in the 1920s.

The 30s boast awesome talent in Dave Nourse's son, the great Dudley Nourse, dimunitive opening bat Eric Rowan, Bruce Mitchell and a talented squad that can take on anyone in any era.

The 1960s is where South Africa were the top team in the world. Led by bespectacled allrounder, Peter van der Merwe, All round great Trevor Goddard who is also in the 1950s squad, All time great batsman Graeme Pollock, his talented pace brother Peter Pollock, father of Sean.

There is more talent, Eddie Barlow, Ali Bacher, Colin Bland recognised as one of the greatest fields men of all time, often forgotten wicketkeeper batsman Denis Lindsay, hard hitting Tiger Lance, the Pithey brothers David and Tony, and Peter Carlstein make this as formidable a side as there is in the database!

A matchup with the West Indies 1960s side would be a classic!

Many thanks to the bat makers logo makers and of course wasteryouryouth and llewelyn7 and the creation community![DOUBLEPOST=1576411574][/DOUBLEPOST]Am working on South Africa 1970s and 1980s. Enjoy!

Last edited:

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

A whole host of greats here in each team. Dave Nourse, Herbie Taylor, John Zulch, Jimmy Blankenburg and the brilliantly named paceman, Buster Nuppen are in the 1920s.

The 30s boast awesome talent in Dave Nourse's son, the great Dudley Nourse, dimunitive opening bat Eric Rowan, Bruce Mitchell and a talented squad that can take on anyone in any era.

The 1960s is where South Africa were the top team in the world. Led by bespectacled allrounder, Peter van der Merwe, All round great Trevor Goddard who is also in the 1950s squad, All time great batsman Graeme Pollock, his talented pace brother Peter Pollock, father of Sean.

There is more talent, Eddie Barlow, Ali Bacher, Colin Bland recognised as one of the greatest fields men of all time, often forgotten wicketkeeper batsman Denis Lindsay, hard hitting Tiger Lance, the Pithey brothers David and Tony, and Peter Carlstein make this as formidable a side as there is in the database!

Many thanks to the bat makers logo makers and of course wasteryouryouth and llewelyn7 and the creation community![DOUBLEPOST=1576411574][/DOUBLEPOST]Am working on South Africa 1970s and 1980s. Enjoy!
Good to see you back, mate!

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

One of the legends of academy is back after long time. Happy to see now

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded the uber talented South Africa 1970s squad. We never got to see these men because of apartheid but they are loaded!

Led by one of the greatest allrounders of all time, Clive Rice (he could have been in the 80s squad too). There is the legendary opening batsmen, Barry Richards, another great in allrounder, Mike Proctor, talented batsmen in Lee Irvine, opening bat Hylton Ackerman, attacking batsman Peter Swart (I've also got him in Rhodesia 70s), Neil Rosendorf, Andre Bruyns and Brian Bath.

Their main bowlers includes the Shane Warne of his day, and South Africas greatest leg spinner, Denys Hobson, accompanied by the tall intimidating pace legend, Vintcent van der Bijl.

The list doesnt end there with another of South Africa's greatest bowlers Don Mackay-Coghill and the underatedbut effective medium pacer Pat Trimborn and fiery pacer, Gary Watson.

There is more spin too in leg spinners, Robbie Muzzell, Andre Bruyns, and Jackie du Preez, slow left armers Peter de Vaal and Grahame Chevalier, and off spinner John Tracois, the spin department is very competitive!

Batsmen, Dassie Bigg, Arthur Short, and Left handed Michael Doherty round out the squad.

What an array of talent we never saw at World level.

I've omitted Dik Abed and Owen William's too who was prevented from representing South Africa because of apartheid. I'll save them for another side I'm building.

Thank you to @blockerdave and others for the inspiration for creating these South Africans.

Thank you for @llewelyn7 and @wasteyouryouth for the kits logos etc and everyone else in the community who contribute to this great game.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1980s.

Major kudos to @blockerdave these boys are overwhelmingly his creations. I've only tweaked a few stats to fit my universe and a sideburn or new hair do here and there.

Researching the players I could see the amount of work @blockerdave put in.

Another great array of talent, pacer Garth LeRoux was one if the worlds best at the time, Jimmy Cook was a run machine opener and world class operator.

The top order if it had played test cricket would have boasted, Ken McEwan, Kevin McKenzie, Mark Rushmere, Henry Fotheringham, Roy Pienaar.and the tough Peter Kirsten elder brother of Gary.

In the allround department South Africa would have trotted out Adrian Kuiper, Alan Kourie, Rodney Ontong, Eric Simmons, and Omar Henry.

Omar Henry is notable not only for his talent but for being the first black South African to represent his country which he achieved in the early 1990s. Sadly by the he was past his prime. Rodney Ontong was not so lucky but performed very well in English and South African domestic cricket during this time.

We can speculate that but for apartheid that both would have represented their country in this era but this era was like the 1970s, stacked.

This is what made researching South African cricket interesting. Many stories and talented players hidden from history.

With LeRoux at the helm of the attack he would have formed a dangerous partnership with blonde Rupert "Spook" Hanley and would have been ably backed up by left amer Stephen Jefferies and Cory van Zyle.

There are many others that round out this squad of 25.

To think Clive Rice, Mike Prictor, Denys Hobson, Vintcent van der Bijl could have made this side too but are in the 1970s.

As a note my additions are however a great find that @blockerdave may have missed in the terrific pace bowler Rupert "Spook" Hanley, allrounder Rodney Ontong who played in England, pacer Eric Simmons, and another very good pacer in William K Watson.

Thanks to @llewelyn7 and @wasteyouryouth and other top logo, kit, bat, stadium creators for their work and the retro mob for the inspiration but mainly thanks to @blockerdave !

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Uploaded South Africa 1980s.

Major kudos to @blockerdave these boys are overwhelmingly his creations. I've only tweaked a few stats to fit my universe and a sideburn or new hair do here and there.

Researching the players I could see the amount of work @blockerdave put in.

Another great array of talent, pacer Garth LeRoux was one if the worlds best at the time, Jimmy Cook was a run machine opener and world class operator.

The top order if it had played test cricket would have boasted, Ken McEwan, Kevin McKenzie, Mark Rushmere, Henry Fotheringham, Roy Pienaar.and the tough Peter Kirsten elder brother of Gary.

In the allround department South Africa would have trotted out Adrian Kuiper, Alan Kourie, Rodney Ontong, Eric Simmons, and Omar Henry.

Omar Henry is notable not only for his talent but for being the first black South African to represent his country which he achieved in the early 1990s. Sadly by the he was past his prime. Rodney Ontong was not so lucky but performed very well in English and South African domestic cricket during this time.

We can speculate that but for apartheid that both would have represented their country in this era but this era was like the 1970s, stacked.

This is what made researching South African cricket interesting. Many stories and talented players hidden from history.

With LeRoux at the helm of the attack he would have formed a dangerous partnership with blonde Rupert "Spook" Hanley and would have been ably backed up by left amer Stephen Jefferies and Cory van Zyle.

There are many others that round out this squad of 25.

To think Clive Rice, Mike Prictor, Denys Hobson, Vintcent van der Bijl could have made this side too but are in the 1970s.

As a note my additions are however a great find that @blockerdave may have missed in the terrific pace bowler Robert "Spook" Hanley, allrounder Rodney Ontong who played in England, pacer Eric Siimmons, and another very good pacer in William K Watson.

Thanks to @llewelyn7 and @wasteyouryouth and other top logo, kit, bat, stadium creators for their work and the retro mob for the inspiration but mainly thanks to @blockerdave !

Glad to have been of help! Did I miss Hanley - that's weird cuz I definitely made him in every other game. [BTW I think he's actually Rupert, not Robert, which may be why you didn't find him?] I think I made Watson too but had him as "Kenny" Watson? (Again, it might be that I made him in earlier games but not this one.) I made Simmons too in Ashes cricket when I made every South African player who featured in the Rebel Tours including some provincial sides, the colts and the University sides! Now that was a mission. Didn't repeat it for c19 though!

Interesting about Omar Henry - he was actually the second black/non-white Springbok (Charlie Llewelyn was the first in 1912), and the first non-white Protea.

I've definitely got to make more time and play with some of these teams: a Springbok 70s vs the Windies 70s is a must! Unfortunately I've been so busy recently I've hardly played in months.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Great work @blockerdave !

I think I downloaded your teams in Ashes too but never got around to playing with them. I made many teams in Ashes and in DB17 but South Africa always eluded me but after using your boys some months ago and watching your you tube vid I had to give it a go as I'd got up the 80s in my South Africa series.

Hanley and Simmons were nice finds for me and there were many others. Though a bit of work to do, researching South African cricket has been a blast. I've just watched AI vs AI South Africa 80s vs South Africa 60s and that was a blast, in his first game Jimmy Cook got a hundred for the 80s but they lost by 4 wickets to the 60s side.

I will probably do a West Indies 70s series match up to see whod win.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded outh Africa 1990s. Once again great work from @blockerdave. This squad was probably the second best in the world during the 1990s era, and but for injury to Brett Schultz might have been neck and neck with Australia. They were also famous for carrying the "choke" tag in a couple of world cups.

Led by Kepler Wessells, who could have made the 80s squad but he played for Australia then, this team contains some greats once again, Alan "White Lightening" Donald, uber talented Sean Pollock, combative Fannie de Villiers, keeper Dave Richardson, nuggety Gary Kirsten, Daryl Cullinan, Jonty Rhodes, superb allrounder Brian 'Big Mac" McMillan, Craig Mathews, Lance Klusener, doomed Hansie Cronje and many more.

Ive tweaked here and there mostly haircuts because Dave did a great job from Joberg 95 scenario. There are some that I've added too but one I loved researching and creating is blonde Brett Schultz who was a left arm aggressive pacer whose career was cut short due to injury. Donald with Schultz would have been a great pace duo had they played longer, still Sean Pollock and Fannie de Villiers weren't too bad were they?

Many thanks to all, for kits, bats, logos etc especially @blockerdave for the bulk of the players!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 2000s.

This is a tough side led by the demanding opener Graeme Smith. At his side he has an all time great in Jaques Kallis who rivals Sobers as the greatest all rounder of all time.

The mercurial Herschel Gibbs will dazzle in the one dayers whilst he will keep things tight in the field ably backed up by vice captain and wicketkeeper, Mark Boucher.

Further batting talent in the batting is supplied with Ashwell Prince, Neil McKenzie, Jaques Rudulph and for one dayers Boeta Dippenaar.

The ever ready Makhaya Ntini leads a spirited pace attack of the aggressive Andre Nel, Nantie Hayward, and David Terbrugge.

The spin department is durable with the competitive Nicky Boje, and the trio of slow left armers in Peter Strydom, Robin Peterson and the tall Paul Harris. Boje, Strydom, Harris, and Peterson can bat too.

A tough team to take on in any format. I kept AB, Steyn, Morne Morkel and Amla for the 2010s.

Many thanks to the creators of Kallis, Ntini Smith, Gibbs, Boucher and Elworthy who I've tweaked a bit either from @blockerdave, @DalePlaysSports or from the academy.

Many thanks as always to logo, bats, uniform creators and the retro mob for their inspiration! You know who you are!

Shout out to @blockerdave whose work inspired me to upload teams and players on previous versions of this game and this one and his you tube videos where I've wasted too much time watching him trying to bat!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread