Mouseydread's Cricket 19 Creations

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
@GorgeousGeorge59 well spotted, I'm not sure what happened last week but it did not upload to the academy. I shall double check from now on, here they are anyway :)

Re-Uploaded Pakistan 1960's

This is the so called lost decade of Pakistani cricket. Pakistan played 30 Tests and won just 2. Led first half of the decade by Hanif Mohammad, during this era there was virtually no pace unlike the 1950's where Fazal Mahmood comes to mind. Pakistan's best bowlers of the 1960's are here in spinners, Pervez Sajjad, Intikhab Alam and Mushtaq Mohammad,(Mushtaq really came to international recognition in the 1970s).

Also playing county cricket was Billy Ibadullah, hard hitting Salahuddin Mulia, handsome Javed Burki (cousin of Majid and Imran Khan), top order batsman, Saaed Ahmed(brother of Younis Ahmed) and the tall but very raw pacer Arif Butt.

I've also included talent that emerged in the mid to late 1960s such as Majid Khan, and Asif Iqbal who are on the bench here but fit perfectly in Pakistan 1970s.

Thanks to @Llewelynf for the uniforms and the host of creators for bats, logos and the inspiration from all. I believe all players are mine except Asif Iqbal from (@DalePlaysSports )

If you are looking for a challenge this team lineup is as vanilla as it gets :)

Username: Mouseydread

fezza

Club Captain
Brilliant. I might get on that. What are you doing for logos?

I am just using ones on the Academy. The kits were very plain in those days. I have taken player details from the Playfair cricket annuals and team photos. The main problem is that there are few 60s style haircuts in the editor so most are an approximation. I have tried to get the skills broadly correct, so players top of the averages should be stronger.

Anyone is entirely free to improve and edit as they wish. They arent up to Mouseydread's standard but they are something different.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1967-68

Led by it's charismatic, movie star like captain, Tiger Pataudi, (the Nawab of Pataudi Jr), India had begun to make a name for themselves, though beaten by England that same time period 0-3, they began to move away from dour defensive cricket to carve under Tiger an identity of their own. Under Tiger India revved up a new brand of attack, one laden with spin. They beat New Zealand 3-1 for their first away series victory.

Tiger, backed his spinners. A quartet of spinners would emerge (Venkat, Prasana, Bedi, Chandra) to give India a lethal spinning weapon. They would with the 67-68 team not play the quartet but just two of them, the scheming, Erapali Prasanna and the dreamlike Bishen Bedi.

Tiger did however have Bapu Nadkarni, an excellent left arm spinning allrounder who was legendary for his accuracy. There were very good allrounders in this side besides Nadkarni, , hard hitting allrounder Chandu Borde, who would be an IPL star today, Rusi Surti another exciting allrounder known as the "Poor Man's Garry Sobers". The batting opens with wicketkeeper, Farouk Engineer who would go onto to have a excellent county cricket career, and the versatile Syed Abid Ali.

Ajit Wadekar
later to captain the 1971 team, and stylish Montganhalli Jaisimha backed up Tiger with their batting skills.

It was this series triumph that gave India more confidence to play their brand of cricket which they would in just three years, beat West Indies and England away in 1971. Indian cricket owes Tiger a dept for giving it's cricket it's identity at the time which would last for years.

Thanks to @Llewelynf for the uniforms and the host of creators for bats, logos, @wasteyouryouth for the inspiration and all the retro creators and other creators for the support.

:)

Username: Mouseydread

Last edited:

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
Just in case anyone else is interested in 60s cricket I have uploaded a 1961 Leicestershire and 1961 Yorkshire. I will do a few more counties when I have time.

These are great teams. I've started work on Oxford and Cambridge from the 64 Ashes tour. Will work on further domestic teams as well.

Might do the Duke of Norfolks xi as well. Proper tour those days

Users who are viewing this thread