3d models for TAOC

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent work there guys! Those stadiums look fantastic!:cheers

A couple of questions:
Are the stadiums made from a single poly element? Or the pillars etc. are separate boxes?
In that Eden stadium render, is the lights tower frame modeled or is that mesh done with textures?
Also texturing wise, the whole stand has to utilize a single texture image?

I'm trying to model the Brit Oval. I hope it's not been done already.

srk121

International Coach
The forums are a bit quiet so I thought I'd post this...

That is just amazing work...... i think stadiums creation should be give to lazy.....

Superb job.... Much better than what we see in EA or codies work..

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
I have asked this before and i am asking again. To: KJ or LM: Should i add lights to the stadium or not? I am just waiting for this to finish off the stadium. Also, should i make two types of stadiums? one for night and one for day?I have learned how to work with lights so its not problem for me. Please tell me as soon as possible.

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
LC & JK the previews are great mate,
I have almost finished the modeling of the johnersberg stadium. I have asked appu my brother to do texture for the stadium he said he will do if he has time. I can also do the texturing but he is professional in that.
So wait for the full preview of the stadium guys.

Last edited:

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I have asked this before and i am asking again. To: KJ or LM: Should i add lights to the stadium or not? I am just waiting for this to finish off the stadium. Also, should i make two types of stadiums? one for night and one for day?I have learned how to work with lights so its not problem for me. Please tell me as soon as possible.

I am fairly sure that the lights would be added in code, not taken from the model, so do not include any lights. Also, for now, don't bother with day and night textures - let's just get the day ones up and running for now.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
I am fairly sure that the lights would be added in code, not taken from the model, so do not include any lights. Also, for now, don't bother with day and night textures - let's just get the day ones up and running for now.
Oh ok. Thanks!

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
so then for Ist release there will not be day-night matches or we should just model the stadium and texture it and post it to LM and then its his headache to adjust lights according to game.IS that LC wants to say???

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
No, what I wanted to say was this:

"I am fairly sure that the lights would be added in code, not taken from the model, so do not include any lights. Also, for now, don't bother with day and night textures - let's just get the day ones up and running for now."

I'm fairly certain my explanation makes more sense than yours.

yakuza003

Club Cricketer
To appu2146 or anyone who know !

How to convert cricket 07 oedit file into 3dmax and vice versa. If possible send me the link of that converter.

I tired one converter from [Tool]Import face.o to 3DS MAX - Soccer Gaming Forums but it gives an error ( cant recognise model.o ! ) if there is an alternative solution tell me !!!!

I am good at 3dmax so I can help you guys with your project if you give me the link to convert oedit file to 3dmax and other way around.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Maybe you are clear in your aspects but i am unable to get it whether thw background should be sky blue or dark blue...

or the stadium parts would be simply textured and thats it..and please dont get so rude to me...politness is the sign of a wise man;)

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
It's already been mentioned by Paul that the skybox is not to be added as part of the model, so the sky/dark blue comment is a complete non-point.

nabeel3494 said:
or the stadium parts would be simply textured and thats it

I don't understand this statement. Just texture the stadium as if it were a sunny day. I can't see how that's hard to understand.

Regarding the rudeness thing, I would consider it rude that you don't read and understand my posts before asking the same things over and over again.

Last edited:

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Excellent work there guys! Those stadiums look fantastic!:cheers

A couple of questions:
Are the stadiums made from a single poly element? Or the pillars etc. are separate boxes?
In that Eden stadium render, is the lights tower frame modeled or is that mesh done with textures?
Also texturing wise, the whole stand has to utilize a single texture image?

I'm trying to model the Brit Oval. I hope it's not been done already.

No, multiple elements in each, later combined to form one single object. The lights tower frame is a box with alpha texture. To model that would cost a lot of unecessary polygons.

No, multiple textures are usually used by us, especially when baking.

LM

Users who are viewing this thread