9th Match: Australia v India (Group A)

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't wait to see Lee and Johnson get schooled by Tendulkar, Gambhir, Raina and Dhoni. Gonna be a close but awesome match I wrecken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!111

Seriously I think Australia will win this, don't think India are in good enough bowling form at the minute.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I think india should go with 5-5-1 combination, they should trust their batting and strengthen their bowling

Sachin
Gambhir
Raina
Dhoni
Karthik
Yousuf
Praveen K
Harbhajan
Mishra/RP Singh
Ishant
Nehra

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
If India looses today,they are out of the tournament...I am hoping Tendulkar, Gambhir, Raina to really build a big score today...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
No Clarke again for us so hopefully we reorder the batting lineup with
Paine
Watson
Ponting
White
Ferguson
Hussey
Johnson
Lee
Hopes
Hauritz
Siddle

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I wish India gives something to cheer about for the fans in this tournament with a win against Australia which is still a prized one.

@ mohit_dude: So you want to drop the guy who scored a valuable 76 for the team in the previous match (Rahul Dravid)?

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Can't wait to see Lee and Johnson get schooled by Tendulkar, Gambhir, Raina and Dhoni. Gonna be a close but awesome match I wrecken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee vs Tendulkar will be a good battle. It has always been exciting. I hope Johnson is thrashed by our batsmen which is a possibility. I think Australia's lack of a quality spinner could cost them tomorrow

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I think india should go with 5-5-1 combination, they should trust their batting and strengthen their bowling

Sachin
Gambhir
Raina
Dhoni
Karthik
Yousuf
Praveen K
Harbhajan
Mishra/RP Singh
Ishant
Nehra

You're too stupid to post in this thread. Get out.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@ Cricketman (Rohit): Are you sure you want to drop Ishant Sharma? In your lineup, only Nehra is a fast bowler. The other two are medium pacers (Praveen and Abhishek). Even Nehra doesnt bowl that fast these days. We need Ishant for the pace, and also for the fact that its Australia. Ishant's figures were decent against Pakistan and in the end, he picked up two wickets too for just 2 runs in a single over.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
1)Watson
2)Paine
3)Ponting
4)White
5)Hussey
6)Ferguson
7)Johnson
8)Hopes
9)Lee
10)Hauritz
11) Siddle/Bollinger

If Watson fails with his bat again in this match, I think we should drop him from opening.

naresh091

International Cricketer
@ Cricketman (Rohit): Are you sure you want to drop Ishant Sharma? In your lineup, only Nehra is a fast bowler. The other two are medium pacers (Praveen and Abhishek). Even Nehra doesnt bowl that fast these days. We need Ishant for the pace, and also for the fact that its Australia. Ishant's figures were decent against Pakistan and in the end, he picked up two wickets too for just 2 runs in a single over.
Agreed.Bud Praveen hasnt done bad against them either.Remember his skidders in the CB Series finals?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If Watson fails with his bat again in this match, I think we should drop him from opening.

Probably not going to happen this series but if he fails for the rest of this series I would move White to opener, he seems to perform better higher up.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Before anyone says I'm Anti-India, I'm supporting Australia because they will guarantee Pakistan's spot in the semi finals.

Oh, and I possibly am Anti-Indian, but don't tell anyone :spy

:p

Expect India to come hard, because as Dhoni said, its knockout for India from here on out. 1 loss, and they pack up their bags.

varunvgiri

Club Cricketer
But I fail to see why Dhoni is ignoring Abhishek Nayar so much. What grouse does he have against Nayar? When he plays Nayar, he doesnt bowl him. He doesnt pick him and give him chances. And soon, Nayar will be dropped with Yuvraj and/or Sehwag come back and he will be a forgotten entity. If you guys want a batting allrounder, you have to take chances with these kind of players or just STOP TALKING NONSENSE TO THE PRESS that "we need batting allrounders, etc".

Maybe coz his bowling is really no good. His eco rate in List A matches is about 5. But we could give him a chance in place of Yousuf. But in tomorrow's match since we are going in with 5 bowlers, I dont think Dhoni will go in for Nayar. Mayb Dinesh Karthik will get a go.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Let me remind you who is fit again

brett_lee_yorker_injury.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread