Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....

rasdan

Club Captain
So i gave it a go,started a new ashes series(using wasteyouryouth reskilled teams i had downloaded).first test at the gabba,i had always kept pace speeds at default but went entirely with the settings at top of the page and im so glad i did as it was probably my most enjoyable spell of bowling for a long time.Aussies batting first they are currently 102-2 but could have been so different.THREE dropped catches in three overs would have had them 64-5 but through no fault of these slider settings it wasnt to be,purely an AI fielding error.two of those dropped catches were at slip,one at square leg.Really promising stuff imo

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So i gave it a go,started a new ashes series(using wasteyouryouth reskilled teams i had downloaded).first test at the gabba,i had always kept pace speeds at default but went entirely with the settings at top of the page and im so glad i did as it was probably my most enjoyable spell of bowling for a long time.Aussies batting first they are currently 102-2 but could have been so different.THREE dropped catches in three overs would have had them 64-5 but through no fault of these slider settings it wasnt to be,purely an AI fielding error.two of those dropped catches were at slip,one at square leg.Really promising stuff imo

I too had so many slip catches dropped while I was bowling (fully automated fielding). Think there were 5![DOUBLEPOST=1549877882][/DOUBLEPOST]
What timings are everyone using in terms of the batting and bowling sliders?

I am using the exact timing slider settings as described. I had previously pushed my bowling timers to 100 but eng smashed 350/2 in an ODI against me! Still trying to find the perfect ODI timing slider settings

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’m not sure what governs dropped catches and the mini-game not firing. No idea if it’s slider related or random, or if it comes from the ball being fast and the slips too close? No idea.

Good that it’s authentic, but annoying never the less!

D

Deleted member 185125

I’m not sure what governs dropped catches and the mini-game not firing. No idea if it’s slider related or random, or if it comes from the ball being fast and the slips too close? No idea.

Good that it’s authentic, but annoying never the less!
I have most of my players' fielding skills set to 90 and above and they still drop straight forward ones.

rasdan

Club Captain
i dont mind a few dropped catches i mean it does happen doesnt it.just frustrating when the batsman goes on to post a big score.One thing i love about the way the australian pitch is setup is that it really does pay to be aggressive and use bouncers at the right time much like irl.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
With the increased speed and bounce plus hard dry pitch I wondered if it might be a bit like a beach ball, but glad it’s working out ok.

Be interesting to see how the AI bowls on it as they can be prone to constantly bowling bouncers to the boundary as four wides/byes is the settings are too high

rasdan

Club Captain
With the increased speed and bounce plus hard dry pitch I wondered if it might be a bit like a beach ball, but glad it’s working out ok.

Be interesting to see how the AI bowls on it as they can be prone to constantly bowling bouncers to the boundary as four wides/byes is the settings are too high

well tbh i quickly scribbled the settings down but forgot to write ball bounce down so just kept it at 50 and i think it works very well.i was planning on bowling as both teams but may see how the ai bowls.certainly a more satisfying feel overall,if only ba could sort the fielding just a little and it would play like a dream

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I batted in Bangladesh this morning. Wouldn’t exactly describe it as a dead pitch, spinners were still getting some turn. I made about 240, partly from being a bit too aggressive, partly because I’m not that great against spin.

Others could probably have a far more profitable time.

Might make the pitch dry and hard to counter the spin, or reduce a few of the sliders.

Or I could get better :-)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Continuing my SA vs ENG test match with me as SA

Eng first innings: 264 (Curran 65, Foakes 59)
SA first innings: 380 (Philander 100, Amla 65)

Eng 2nd innings: 267 (Jennings 80, Root 61)

Eng were cruising at one stage at 194-2 with jennings and root, and then the collapse. Nice mix of dismissals with couple of LBWs , 4 bowled, 2 slip catches and 2 silly runouts .

So i need 152 to win going into day 4.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa

Eng were cruising at one stage at 194-2 with jennings and root, and then the collapse. Nice mix of dismissals with couple of LBWs , 4 bowled, 2 slip catches and 2 silly runouts .

I eventually win by 4 wickets. 152-6. Moeen Ali bagged 4-38 and was becoming unplayable. Great test match. These sliders make a huge difference.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

80 for Jennings?!

Right, scrap everything! These sliders must be well and truly busted :-D

Glad you won though, and the 4th innings wasn’t a waltz to 450+

Last edited:

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Somebody tell me their one day experience with the sliders!

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
80 for Jennings?!

Right, scrap everything! These sliders must be well and truly busted :-D

Glad you won though, and the 4th innings wasn’t a waltz to 450+

I was just as shocked to see Jennings put runs on the board. His innings even lasted around 150 deliveries!

Indeed 4th innings was tough going towards the backend when moeen came on. But even the pacers had their chances. There was a dropped catch in first over and a very close LBW call. Could definitely feel the change in conditions

Users who are viewing this thread