Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I was just as shocked to see Jennings put runs on the board. His innings even lasted around 150 deliveries!

Indeed 4th innings was tough going towards the backend when moeen came on. But even the pacers had their chances. There was a dropped catch in first over and a very close LBW call. Could definitely feel the change in conditions

Were you progressively lowering the pitch and ball friction day by day?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes
Were you progressively lowering the pitch and ball friction day by day?

Yes day by day I altered the sliders. It was very interesting to see how different each innings was. On day 1 their top order all failed and the tail saved them. In their second innings it was the other way round.. Great start and then huge collapse in the evening session of day 3.

I had no trouble facing spin in my first innings but it became unplayable on day 4

rasdan

Club Captain
coming towards the start of the last session of day 1 and im really liking how realistic the spin bowling is.Moeen has been getting very little turn but every now and then one will go a bit further giving the aussies a bit of bother.On a few occasions ive pitched it on leg stump and nearly got a bat-pad catch.currently toiling a bit with aussies on 202-2.if only those three dropped catches would have stuck.....

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
After progressively simming/playing the rest of my game in Bangladesh, I then played in Australia as Australia v West Indies.

They made 255, and I’m 159-2. A few observations:

• “Difficulty” to score runs feels like it’s mainly tied to shot force and pitch speed. On the slower tracks, you really have to graft for runs, a lot fewer shots go to the boundary due to there being less pace on the ball. As such, I found Australia 100 times easier for batting than Bangladesh, which was meant to be the “dead” batter friendly country.
  • The settings in Australia do need tweaking slightly as the AI bowled 4 byes 4 times already as the keeper stood and watched.
  • Australia feels really quick. You have to literally make a split second decision when deciding what shot to play.
I’ll play a little bit more but i think I’m going to happy to make some tweaks to the first post after this match. Will keep everyone posted.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43 - a quick question on the theory here. I see you have pitch/ball friction getting lower as the game progresses (in england anyway, that's all i've looked at in detail as i'm playing 97 ashes currently)... so does that make the ball do more as the game progresses? is it harder to bat 4th inns with these settings?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43 - a quick question on the theory here. I see you have pitch/ball friction getting lower as the game progresses (in england anyway, that's all i've looked at in detail as i'm playing 97 ashes currently)... so does that make the ball do more as the game progresses? is it harder to bat 4th inns with these settings?

The theory is that there are more edges and nicks, particularly fine ones through to the keeper, with a lower friction rating.

I’ve generally noticed that with a higher friction slider, when I do see edges they’re more for catches at gully and wide slips, but with a lower one, more go straight through to the keeper.

I’ve still not tested it tons (hence opening the theory up to the wider group on here) but the thinking is that the settings will make batting more difficult as a test match goes on.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The theory is that there are more edges and nicks, particularly fine ones through to the keeper, with a lower friction rating.

I’ve generally noticed that with a higher friction slider, when I do see edges they’re more for catches at gully and wide slips, but with a lower one, more go straight through to the keeper.

I’ve still not tested it tons (hence opening the theory up to the wider group on here) but the thinking is that the settings will make batting more difficult as a test match goes on.
Not tried your settings yet, but I noticed that friction seems to change the edges you get. I was getting a lot of very fine ones when I lowered it.

rasdan

Club Captain

anything in particular you will be looking to change for australia?i bumped the speed min and max down to 66,67 and i like it

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
For Australia, I like the speed so was only looking to knock it down a couple.

I’d probably reduce the bounce a little, and the shot power needs to come down a bit as well.

Shot power probably needs to be universally changed across pitches, or at least discussed in the main post for those that want to play one way or another. Fast pitches need a bit less shot force. Slow pitches need a little bit more for me.

charles04

Club Cricketer
For Australia, I like the speed so was only looking to knock it down a couple.

I’d probably reduce the bounce a little, and the shot power needs to come down a bit as well.

Shot power probably needs to be universally changed across pitches, or at least discussed in the main post for those that want to play one way or another. Fast pitches need a bit less shot force. Slow pitches need a little bit more for me.
I have shot force at 30 and currently playing tests vs aust in aust. still find the ball flying off to the boundary. may have to tone it down a lot more .

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I have shot force at 30 and currently playing tests vs aust in aust. still find the ball flying off to the boundary. may have to tone it down a lot more .

I had gone down from 35 to 30 myself and was happier, but agree that it could potentially use a little more. Just hadn’t had a chance to try it.

rasdan

Club Captain
one thing i have noticed for sure using your settings is that there is definitely a noticeable difference to how the ball behaves at the start of an innings while the ball is new and the subtle changes in friction/revs make it a far more realistic experience.Its just hitting that sweet spot i guess in terms of gameplay sliders but youve made a really good base to start from.Will happily experiment with shot force also,how low do you think it could go potentially?

Users who are viewing this thread