Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I understand you diaskasun. Is broadband still a problem in Sri Lanka?

Most people download it because they want it now and they can not be bothered going to the shop. Personally I like the hard copy, if there is a hardware failure at least I have a some sort of backup.

The game developers will slowly stop making games for PC because piracy is well spread. They recover all their costs from console games.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I am sure you could buy a legal copy on the net.

Broadband access in India is very expensive & very limited. I am one of the few who has 1mbps internet access over here & it costs me 34$/Month. Most people don't have access to anything more than 256kbps broadband plans so in addition to purchasing the game online , they run the hassle of downloading it.

Not to mention credit card purchasing & net banking is something that not many Indians are very comfortable with. This is because of the fact that the average gamer is very young & is often ignorant about web safety etc. In smaller cities and towns where the game is not sold physically , the elder folk who have credit cards are more often than have very limited knowledge about internet purchasing & computers in general.

Maybe in the next 5 years odd, Indians will have access to faster & more affordable broadband in addition to being more comfortable with online transactions.

Cheweydog_aust

Club Cricketer
u can pirate console games lol its wide spread too not just PC most new PC games u cant copy anyway its just transmission were abit slack in not making it harder to copy thats all it is.

over here in OZ game was only $60 approx they should of charged more & added CD keys, so the copy everyone is downloading for free they could BAN the CD key then no pirates online anymore most PC games are like this - they could still play single player BUT alot like online more

Last edited:

Retro

School Cricketer
I'll be pretty gutted if we don't get a patch tbh. I haven't started the actual Ashes yet because I've been waiting for it, just 20 20s etc.

I hope it comes through.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Patch

Any chance of an update?This must be the most eagerly awaited patch in computer game history.:)
Even if codemastes announce the patch will not be released at least we will have closure on the subject.

P

pcfan123

This must be the most eagerly awaited patch in computer game history.:)

I highly doubt that. There are probably not more than 10-15 thousand people who play this game. That is peanuts when compared to most other video games.

Now regarding the patch, I have a good feeling that it might still be in the works. :)

jaraarrow

International Coach
I highly doubt that. There are probably not more than 10-15 thousand people who play this game. That is peanuts when compared to most other video games.

Now regarding the patch, I have a good feeling that it might still be in the works. :)

A good feeling or inside information?:)Cmon give us something to grasp.:help

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors

That feeling you've got... do you think it's related to the patch, or last night's vindaloo curry?

;) :D

jaraarrow

International Coach
Just had a reply from codemasters

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

We still hope to release the patch, but unfortunately the developers of the game are in Administration so the plans, at this stage, remain unclear.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02129389

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
That basically means forget about the patch unless the developers come out of administration.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
This could be the NEXT reply from CM Customer Care :p

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

We regret to Inform you that Due to various reasons and Constraints, we are not in position to release the Patch.

Please do not send any more queries regarding this.

{|CALLID|}=12345678

Kind regards
Codemasters Customer Services

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
come on guys, maybe poor codies dont know how upload files. we all know they have the patch in hand dont we!!

Users who are viewing this thread