Australia in Pakistan

Would just like to say, what the DFAT have to say on the matter.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/?topic=Pakistan

Looking a little bit further, and going to India

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/?topic=India

Is the IPL a direct effect on this now?

Wow, DAFT hasn't left out any country - http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/

Same advice for Sri Lanka as Pakistan - http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Sri_Lanka

Just something to ponder about..

And what would you like us to ponder about? We aleady know that travelling to those countries is a threat to our well-being, so what point are yout trying to make apart from acknowlodging the fact that you are extremely bored?

And what would you like us to ponder about? We aleady know that travelling to those countries is a threat to our well-being, so what point are yout trying to make apart from acknowlodging the fact that you are extremely bored?
The fact that Australians are going to play in the IPL, yet they have to "think twice" about touring Pakistan.

Same with tours to Sri Lanka, they just do it, although your "wonderful" travel advice says otherwise.

The fact that Australians are going to play in the IPL, yet they have to "think twice" about touring Pakistan.

Same with tours to Sri Lanka, they just do it, although your "wonderful" travel advice says otherwise.

Get over it. IPL is not going to be held in J&K. If that had been case no one would have turned up although its safe up there nowdays.

Um, the IPL is not held in the places the smart traveller recommends not to travel... Where as it recommends not travelling to any part of Pakistan. Read my friend reeeead.

Um, the IPL is not held in the places the smart traveller recommends not to travel... Where as it recommends not travelling to any part of Pakistan. Read my friend reeeead.
Not to mention the fact that Pakistan is politically unstable, full of recent violence and the upcoming elections could easily be rigged and cause even more of the above.

I feel like I've said this before, funny about that!

Not to mention the fact that Pakistan is politically unstable, full of recent violence and the upcoming elections could easily be rigged and cause even more of the above.

I feel like I've said this before, funny about that!

Elections are over.

DFAT recommends to "reconsider your need to travel" for Pakistan. This does not include the NWFP, tribal areas, or border areas, in which it recommends you do not travel. None of Australia's games will take place in these locations.

DFAT recommends a High Degree of caution and to reconsider your need to travel for India.

DFAT recommends to reconsider your need to travel for Sri Lanka, and do not travel to certain parts of Sri Lanka. EXACTLY the same advice given for both countries, yet Australia will gladly travel to Sri Lanka?

Also, what do politics have to do with cricket Dean?

Violence is a different issue - however, nothing has occured in the last 8 weeks or so, and the elections have come and gone.

tour looking more unlikely than ever
aussies refusing to send delegation or whatever them people are called to pakistan

why not just give a simple answer and let pakistan find other opponents

tour looking more unlikely than ever
aussies refusing to send delegation or whatever them people are called to pakistan

why not just give a simple answer and let pakistan find other opponents

I think Pakistan is pretty safe atm.
If the Aussies pull ut now,then they will also be pulling out of the Champions Trophy.

I think if it wasn't for the ICC Champions Trophy in September later this year, Australia would have quit earlier.

Highly unlikely Australia will not come to Pakistan now, but later, because the ICC Trophy is easily more "of a target" as its such a high-profile event

Highly unlikely Australia will not come to Pakistan now, but later, because the ICC Trophy is easily more "of a target" as its such a high-profile event

If they are not willing to play in Pak,they might as well not turn up for the CT.

Users who are viewing this thread