Australia in Pakistan

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If they are not willing to play in Pak,they might as well not turn up for the CT.

But there will be more teams there for CT!!And Do you think its gonna effect the event if they will refuse to come??

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
It'll just give cricket as a sport a blow.

I seriously think we shouldn't goto Australia now. It's been 10 years since Aussies have visited Pakistan and if they don't want to come, I think we don't want to go to Australia.

The thing is that Zimbabwe and South Africa have recently toured without any trouble. India has come before that and trust me if there is no violence when India comes over there won't be a problem when Aussies come over.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I agree..If India can play in pakistan Calmly then any team can play..
Anyway I never hearted Cricket team or cricketers have been made target for any type of terrorist violence..
They also love cricket..

Therbs

PCPL Season 2: Best Bowler (Division 2)
I think Cricket Australia is being over-cautious. The elections are over and Pakistan has recently hosted tours there with no security scares. I can understand if individuals don't want to tour but it is up to the governing body in Australia to do all that it can to have the tour proceed as planned.

The Pakistan coach believes it is safe and he is embarassed that his fellow Australians look likely to abandon the tour. Pakistan would be within their rights to refuse the option of playing in a neutral country.

I believe that an Australian touring team would be warmly received the fans in Pakistan and it would be a fantastic experience for the Aussie players.

Besides that it would be great viewing.

Come on guys, get some steel in the backbone.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya Of Course the Fans over in Pakistan are so excited about this tour..
Even in Pak Vs Zim matches I have seen number of banners regarding this series from fans like "we are waiting Aussis" and thats all..
But its disappointing we gonna miss one more good contest due to political actions..Otherwise please I can't except any security reasons now...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The thing is that Zimbabwe and South Africa have recently toured without any trouble. India has come before that and trust me if there is no violence when India comes over there won't be a problem when Aussies come over.

I think Cricket Australia is being over-cautious. The elections are over and Pakistan has recently hosted tours there with no security scares. I can understand if individuals don't want to tour but it is up to the governing body in Australia to do all that it can to have the tour proceed as planned.

It is very funny that the Aussies dont want to tour.
Add to that,when Aus pulled out,Pakistan asked India to play.

Obviously that shows that the country is safe.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
It is very funny that the Aussies dont want to tour.
Add to that,when Aus pulled out,Pakistan asked India to play.

Obviously that shows that the country is safe.

Ya of course Pakistan have invited India and that shows that they are safe enough..
Who wants to call foreign teams to kill at their own place??
Who knows about security in Pakistan better than PCB??

Last edited:

apesnani

Club Cricketer
to whoever was saying Aussie is a high profile target , blah blah blah

sorry to break your heart but according to your theory, English Cricketers are 100 times more higher profile target than you.

UK is involved in the war on terror way more than you , yet they visited Pakistan w/o any incident.

Its just that Australian cricket team has this habit of thinking they are better than the rest and its showing here.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
to whoever was saying Aussie is a high profile target , blah blah blah

sorry to break your heart but according to your theory, English Cricketers are 100 times more higher profile target than you.

UK is involved in the war on terror way more than you , yet they visited Pakistan w/o any incident.

Its just that Australian cricket team has this habit of thinking they are better than the rest and its showing here.

and England came in 05 when the Iraq thing was way worse than it is now and Afghanistan wasn't as good as it is now.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Well again We are trying to connect this with Politics..I think all the security concerns should have from PCB..If they are saying its safe then you have to go..Nobody wants to kill you by calling you at their own place.
There are no history of any terrorist attack on Cricket player..And It won't be..
Just by this all we are diverting their approach towards game..
If you don't want to tour,you can deny its up to you..but don't give any logicalness security reasons..

Hsn

School Cricketer
It will be a big blow to cricket and Pakistani fans if the Australians do not come. It is understandable that the reason they do not want to come is because of the threat of terrorist attacks, but Sri Lanka is also no safer than Pakistan and Australians have toured them. They were also in England when the July 2005 bombings happened. It can happen anywhere.

I do agree that safety comes first, but cricket teams have never been targeted and Pakistan will provide heavy security as they have with South Africa, England, India and Zimbabwe most recently. If the Australians don't come now, how do we expect them to show up for the Champion's Trophy if they haven't toured Pakistan in more than 10 years?

apesnani

Club Cricketer
well If Australia refuse to come I think two things should happen

1. Australia should have no team visit it next summer.
2. PCB should sue the bonkers out of cricket Australia

usy

Chairman of Selectors
nothing should happen then stupid.

Pakistan team should come to Sweden for little training, spend few hours with usy taking about stuff.

Then we go to Scotland for a few games.

Better then playing moaing Aussies. I mean if they don't wanna come just say "NO" innit, why create this drama shi? I understand them but they should just say "NO" and PCB should no longer under pressure them.

ajdude

International Coach
Does anybody know if this series will be shown on Free to air TV in Australia? I wouldn't be able to stand not being with cricket. :P

Users who are viewing this thread