Australia in Pakistan

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
its such a shame that series got cancelled.. i feel really sorry for the pakistani cricket fans back home... this was a series they waited aloooong time for... let's just hope aussies come to the CT

:(

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
lol safety from what, as far as i can see Lawson has been doing fine in Pakistan since he got there.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really see what this has got to do with you anyway. It's not like any of your teamS are in the middle of this.
This is a cricket discussion forum and anybody can comment on a tour based thread, no matter whos country it is.

Anyway, this is a very bad decision by CA to back out.

Therbs

PCPL Season 2: Best Bowler (Division 2)
I reckon this is not a good decision. Our team should have toured. There's been other teams touring there safely over the past two years and nothing bad has happened.
We have gone a bit soft. Is it a coincidence that withdrawing from the toyur allows the Aussies to play a couple of weeks in the IPL before preparing for the Windies tour?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really see what this has got to do with you anyway. It's not like any of your teamS are in the middle of this.

Pakistan is one of my fav teams along with West Indies and Sri Lanka. and you cant tell me where i can and cant post my comments its a open forum so deal with it.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Tour is unlikely to take place before 2009 so We have closed this thread till 2009..Lol...

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I reckon this is not a good decision. Our team should have toured. There's been other teams touring there safely over the past two years and nothing bad has happened.
We have gone a bit soft. Is it a coincidence that withdrawing from the toyur allows the Aussies to play a couple of weeks in the IPL before preparing for the Windies tour?
The tour of Pakistan would have been far better preparation than a Twenty20 tournament.

This tour has definitely fallen at a bad time in terms of security assessment. I'm sure England is glad they do not need to make this decision at this point. Although it seems security would be provided for the team and matches, not to mention that cricket is an unlikely target, the crux of the matter is what control Pakistan have over where insurgents strike. It seems like there have been 10 bomb attacks reported in the past month alone, of course distributed over a great area, but at such frequency, you can be certain that the team will at some point be within a short radius of an attack. The blast in Lahore, one of the key venues assigned to the tour, was quite large and no doubt highlights concern not merely when the team is playing or in their hotel rooms, but when they are moving through public locations, which they will have to do many times on the tour.

I do think in a practical sense a team would tour without serious problems nine times out of ten, but I can't see how that security assessment would have been good.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya Anyway by this way Pakistan players will get some Practice..Now I don't see any chance of Aus Vs Pak.
Its better to have some cricket for fans of Pakistan..Bangladesh is not a bad side to crash..

Therbs

PCPL Season 2: Best Bowler (Division 2)
The tour of Pakistan would have been far better preparation than a Twenty20 tournament.

This tour has definitely fallen at a bad time in terms of security assessment. I'm sure England is glad they do not need to make this decision at this point. Although it seems security would be provided for the team and matches, not to mention that cricket is an unlikely target, the crux of the matter is what control Pakistan have over where insurgents strike. It seems like there have been 10 bomb attacks reported in the past month alone, of course distributed over a great area, but at such frequency, you can be certain that the team will at some point be within a short radius of an attack. The blast in Lahore, one of the key venues assigned to the tour, was quite large and no doubt highlights concern not merely when the team is playing or in their hotel rooms, but when they are moving through public locations, which they will have to do many times on the tour.

I do think in a practical sense a team would tour without serious problems nine times out of ten, but I can't see how that security assessment would have been good.
The problem is that the most recent blast happened after Vricket Australia had decided not to tour. From the off they were always negative about it and I kind of feel that they were never really keen to have a tour there. The security aspect, is I believe a welcome get out clause.

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
Maybe I should go. Always wanted to see Lahore. I have heard they have best Kebab in world.

I finally pulled my finger out and took out my Indian map to see where Chandigarh actually was. Looks like you won't have far to go. Why haven't you gone before you lazy bum?
wink.gif

Pakistan is one of my fav teams along with West Indies and Sri Lanka.

Why don't you throw in India and England while you're at it? :laugh

and you cant tell me where i can and cant post my comments its a open forum so deal with it.

And you shouldn't really be taking shots at Cricket Australia for doing what they feel is right by not putting there players and staff in any danger.

But who cares about that, Dare on PC wants to watch one of his teams play Australia on TV. :rolleyes:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I finally pulled my finger out and took out my Indian map to see where Chandigarh actually was. Looks like you won't have far to go. Why haven't you gone before you lazy bum?
wink.gif

They dont give VISA easily. Before moving here I was living just 20ks of border.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread