Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

B

Bigby Wolf

2 Day Test match loading....?

Surely not more than 3 Days this match will last.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The only one time I missed placing wagers on Australia will end up giving Australia the win :facepalm Should have logged in 10 mins early.....

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Pretty sure after witnessing what's happening with India, Australia will try to be more positive and score quickly. They are probably looking at dismissing India for 100-120, so even an hour of positive play brings the deficit down significantly. Not looking good at the moment for us.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Pretty sure after witnessing what's happening with India, Australia will try to be more positive and score quickly. They are probably looking at dismissing India for 100-120, so even an hour of positive play brings the deficit down significantly. Not looking good at the moment for us.
Nah. 220 would be good score. We've our premier batters on crease now.

Jokes apart, 150 is the least we should get. Agree even a slender lead might be a game changer. Doubtful about aggressive intent though. Gill tried it... nothing significant achieved.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Curious why Shami is not playing... Umesh is good but he has a knack of leaking runs. I'd have played KLR (yes...the disgraceful BKL) as middle order batsman by benching Shami/Umesh on this track

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If India get 200 as @Skankhunt_42 has mentioned, it would be game over for the Aussies. Realistically, I do not see us posting anywhere close to 200 unless Axar takes the attack head on. 150-ish is a possibility here.

The pitch will wear on as the game progresses, so India might want to hold on a little longer, just shy of tea before Australia bat.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Now with Aish gone... And the fearsome tweak happening, 120 looks like a dream to achieve. Unless umesh smokes few.. with small boundaries to aid him
Post automatically merged:

Unless umesh smokes few
Oh boy!

Bevab

Staff Member
Curious why Shami is not playing... Umesh is good but he has a knack of leaking runs. I'd have played KLR (yes...the disgraceful BKL) as middle order batsman by benching Shami/Umesh on this track

Shami’s rested it seems. God knows why you’d rest your best pacer with the series still not won and having another test to go if it was about workload management but okay.

We need two seamers to be honest. Umesh is world class at home and not the issue, Rahul in the middle order would just mean a message of ‘the team isn’t dropping him no matter what’ and that’s not the type of message you’d want to pass on.
Post automatically merged:

Kohli’s also looked much better in the last two games. There’s still talent in there but he’s clearly not at ease with the temperament. I’d say he needs to play some domestic FC cricket either in Ranji and/or county cricket to get the feel for playing the long innings. It’s been ages since he’s done so.

Users who are viewing this thread