Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This match will be draw, BCCI made sure this pitch is not a turner, they didn't want to risk another loss. I am sure India will bat well on this track. It's 2-1.
India will get atleast 100 runs lead here, draw written all over it, but nevertheless well played Kohli & co.

B

Bigby Wolf

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a revelation Axar Patel the batsman has been in this series. Amazing. Has never looked uncomfortable at all.
He might never become as good as Jadeja, but Axar is a brilliant all-round cricketer in his own right.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
This was the field set by Smith when Kohli was batting with Tailenders.

Screenshot_20230312-192257.jpg

Toby

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
An excerpt from r/cricket on reddit:

Kohli is the King of Cricket and he is here to save it. This bloke has 25,000 intn'l runs and you think he'd struggle to rake up runs on this flatty? Pffft, you ignorant summer child.

He may have looked on the edge (pun not intended) at the beginning of his inns, but that's because YOU needed it. TEST CRICKET NEEDED IT. Your tiktok addict, monkey brain needs the constant tension to hold your interest in Test cricket.

Notice how he didn't get out despite looking uncomfortable? Because he can bear it. He can play with a stump in his hands and still have 97.88% control before nicking one off.

You mock him for getting out to debutants, yet this is the man who went to England/SA/Aus and put Anderson, Rabada and Johnson back in their place.

It is the mercy of his Grace, King Kohli to gift his prized wickets to debutants so they feel they belong at this level, they belong in Test Cricket. How would you feel if you got your ass whooped on your first day at work?

Think about it, he could've had hit 100 centuries by now, but would any kid even bother picking up the ball then? We'd run out of bowlers and Tests cricket would die.

He's King Kohli and he will save cricket.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Right then, Ind and Aus WTC final has been set in stone. From Australia's perspective, I would say try to get 120-150 more from hereon out and put India to bat in the final session. India will then either need to go at roughly 4 rpo an over or play for a draw on a pitch that is now offering some appreciable turn. All 3 results would still be possible then.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I honestly felt there was nothing wrong with the pitch. BCCI played it safe for sure. Instead of a rank turner, they put out a flat wicket. Not dissimilar to what you find in the rest of the world, tbh.
Post automatically merged:

Can we set up a KLR bashing/memes thread please? Would it be against the forum rules though?

Bevab

Staff Member
I honestly felt there was nothing wrong with the pitch. BCCI played it safe for sure. Instead of a rank turner, they put out a flat wicket. Not dissimilar to what you find in the rest of the world, tbh.
Post automatically merged:

Can we set up a KLR bashing/memes thread please? Would it be against the forum rules though?

It’d be bullying for sure. :D

Agree on the pitch; there’s nothing wrong with it although it does make for boring contests. It also shows how skewed the conditions have been for bowling in recent times, I think it was the series against SA when we last had something approaching a batting friendly surface.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Is it just me? The thought of Smith taking over in ODIs seems to have brought it a different level of excitement within.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It’d be bullying for sure. :D

Agree on the pitch; there’s nothing wrong with it although it does make for boring contests. It also shows how skewed the conditions have been for bowling in recent times, I think it was the series against SA when we last had something approaching a batting friendly surface.
Joe Root got a double hundred, England won and then the wickets turned to crap during the England tour.

Users who are viewing this thread