Australia tour of India - September / October 2017

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Who'll be replacing him? Rahane should get a chance while not completely ignoring KL, he should be tried too at least for once as a opener alongside Rohit.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Who'll be replacing him? Rahane should get a chance while not completely ignoring KL, he should be tried too at least for once as a opener alongside Rohit.
I believe Rahul is best as an opener alongside Rohit. I am not a big fan of Rahane at the top, he seems a tad conservative while India needs explosive batsmen in the top order. Why not try Rahane at 3 or 4? He is a player who is able to suck pressure up. I think he will be good if he bats at 4. Even thought it was long ago, Rahane batted well at 4/5 at the 2015 World Cup. Probably most ideal guy to bat at 4 is Dhoni but that won't happen for now.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Manish did a fine job at #4 for us. #5 is MSD. So, I think it will be a three way battle for 2 places ( #4 and #6 ) between Rahul, Pandey and Jadhav. Will be interesting to see whether Rahane will get a chance or Rahul will open.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah I don't understand why Axar is in the team. He is not a complete player at all. Can bat a bit and can bowl a bit. I don't think India is that low on reserves to have players like him in the XI.

Well yes, he's only there because Jaddu isn't there, but do you see him playing in the World Cup on those flat English pitches? Axar is a better batsman, but still quite average with his bowling.

You happy, people?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
You happy, people?
How come you are such a fan of Axar?

To be honest, doesn't make a whole lot of difference if Jaddu comes back now.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
How come you are such a fan of Axar?

To be honest, doesn't make a whole lot of difference if Jaddu comes back now.
Dont know why. He just really inpressed me in his first season of the IPL (2014)

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Dont know why. He just really inpressed me in his first season of the IPL (2014)
I remember him scoring 42 when Punjab was in trouble. Won the match for them. Otherwise after that quite mediocre.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I remember him scoring 42 when Punjab was in trouble. Won the match for them. Otherwise after that quite mediocre.
Well, his bowling was quite superb in that season and the next one too. Also getting the hat trick in 2016.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Don't want to deny the guy definitely had potential, sadly couldn't take it up from there. So much of his career is still left and if he improves that'd only be beneficial for India as we can't always rely on Jadeja.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Don't want to deny the guy definitely had potential, sadly couldn't take it up from there. So much of his career is still left and if he improves that'd only be beneficial for India as we can't always rely on Jadeja.
Yup. The selectors ignored him when he was probably at the top of his form after the New Zealand series last year. After that series, he achieved probably, 10th or 11th rank in ICC ODI Rankings (bowling)

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
At what time does it start?[DOUBLEPOST=1505627834][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: 13:30 IST

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Basically Pant is not even in the frame for the WC spot!

Rahane is a 2000-2010 era opener. There's no place for him in LOI.

And to grant Dhawan leave for his wife's illness is daft. I hope she recovers and I don't think it's anything serious. He's a player contracted by the BCCI and we are looking to build a team for a world cup!

B

Bigby Wolf

lol 3 down Indian - a bit of lateral movement and their weakness is exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread