Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know he's not needed for this series as its not a very important one. But don't you wanna watch him bat ?? :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I want to watch him too. But I want him to help India win the World Cup next year. So if he has to rest and keep himself up in shape for that big event, I wouldnt mind. I am hoping he can help us win the cup.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Stop talking about Sachin or yoi will have to hear something from others.. :sarcasm

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Seems like the match is not going to take place. Goa forecasts is heavy rains on the match day.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Stop talking about Sachin or yoi will have to hear something from others..

I don't quite remember people in uproar because Sachin was brought up in a subject where it was actually relevant...

Obvious trolling is obvious.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
^ Seconded.
It was brought up due to his extended exclusion from ODI side. We weren't praising him or anything.

On the Goa match, why don't they play cricket in rain. They can create a special pitch for such weather. :p It would bring some more fun into the game. I know some might disagree claiming dangerous ground conditions but football is played even in rain. They have same amount of risk as cricketers fielding in wet outfield. There is a Kanga League played in mumbai which is held only in monsoon season.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Agree. Most of the worry with the rain is:
a) the bowlers run ups, not so much the fielders. So just put some kind of non-slip matting down over the bowlers run ups so that they can run in at full pace. They'd need to change shoes probably, but it would be a hell of a lot quicker than waiting for the rain to stop
b) the pitch getting ruined. So you wouldn't play in rain for a Test match, but I think you certainly could in a T20 without much consequence and probably an ODI as well.
c) wet ball - just give the umpires some kind of super awesome drying device

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Or we can manufacture a different kind of water proof ball for these conditions. I have seen a few Kanga League matches. It is fun, no seriousness pure fun. After all thats what sports are all about.

On the other hand, forcast is not looking very promising :( Hour by Hour Weather Forecast for Goa, India - weather.com

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Or we can manufacture a different kind of water proof ball for these conditions. I have seen a few Kanga League matches. It is fun, no seriousness pure fun. After all thats what sports are all about.

Cricket cannot be played in rain.

You can't make a water proof ball. There will be water on the surface of the ball even if the leather doesn't soak up the water as much. The outfields are dangerous to field in when wet and the players cannot wear football boots as they will rip the outfield to shreds and ruin the pitch.

The actual pitch getting wet will cause the ball not to bounce consistently and will ruin the pitch for further matches. When a groundsman prepares the pitch they don't let the surface get a drop of water on it for days and weeks in advance.

Themer added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

There is a Kanga League played in mumbai which is held only in monsoon season.

A league in which there are horrendous problems with the weather.

"Heavy rain disruption meant only seven of the 13 matches were played last year. There were six washouts (not in July though) in a row in August-September. "

"On one day only one game was played out of 49, at the Karnatak ground"

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Forgot to mention this after the match but Starc action looks very Brett Lee like. Just missing that extra yard of pace but he should be able to get some convectional and reverse swing with it like Lee does.

Users who are viewing this thread