Australian Tour of India, October 2010/11

P

pcfan123

lol what was up with the bowling attack for AUS in the ODIs. It looked pathetic on paper and not at all what I would expect from Australia.

It will be delicious to see them go winless in India and then have to sit around and wait for the Ashes to start.

The best chance England has had to win down under in a long time.

:laugh I still can't get over the bowling attack they put forth in the 2nd ODI. I could barely recognize anyone, the Aussies really have slipped a long way from where they were just a year ago.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I still can't get over the bowling attack they put forth in the 2nd ODI. I could barely recognize anyone, the Aussies really have slipped a long way from where they were just a year ago.

To be fair they do have quite a few injury issues at the moment but they are nowhere near where they once were. Ripe for the picking in my opinion.

Anything less than 5-0 in the Ashes is a failure to me but then I'm greedy.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
While Australia are struggling big time here, I don't think they will be easy prey for the English. The Ashes might get them fired up. I expect to see a real well fought series. England have the edge but Australia can never be written off.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Aren't Aussies playing Sri Lanka before Ashses?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The series is over I feel.. Its raining cats and dog in Goa and I do not think there is possibility of any match at this stage

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The series is over I feel.. Its raining cats and dog in Goa and I do not think there is possibility of any match at this stage
Judging by the forecast, a match might be possible, but there's probably no hope of having a dry outfield for the 9 am start.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ha ha, India win the series then 1-0 (if its a washout). Sucks with all these rain!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That will cap of the pointless series if this match is washed out. The selectors will be annoyed though, looked like they had a plan to try a few players out in India before the World cup.

lethalhughes

Club Cricketer
lol what was up with the bowling attack for AUS in the ODIs. It looked pathetic on paper and not at all what I would expect from Australia.

It will be delicious to see them go winless in India and then have to sit around and wait for the Ashes to start.

The best chance England has had to win down under in a long time.

:laugh I still can't get over the bowling attack they put forth in the 2nd ODI. I could barely recognize anyone, the Aussies really have slipped a long way from where they were just a year ago.

Harris, Bollinger and Tait are all injured.Siddle and Lee have just recovered from injury,Johnson well he's resting.So we're talking about 4 very good odi bowlers plus ofcourse a useful Siddle.No team will look strong on paper with so many injuries.So how does a third string attack proved they've slipped in Odi over the last year?Come world cup aussies will be favourites , they've got the best odi fast bowling attack.Bollinger- Lee -Johnson OR Tait-Bollinger -Johnson OR Harris- Bollinger -Johnson.What ever the bowling attack will be if all are fit , they're pretty formidable.

lethalhughes added 8 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

:sarcasm

I must say though, there is a better leg-spinner that plays for my club than Steven Smith. He turns it big in both direction. Smith bowls pretty flat and is easy to play. Really can't see how Smith will contribute with the ball for Australia.

Smith's a batsman who bowls imo.Cameron Boyce is the only one who has something about him.Still early days for him but he's the future when we're talking about spin in Australia.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
By the way, i'm sick of selectors giving Sachin this much rest before WC. He hasn't played a ODI since Feb when he scored 200. Let him play in next series and rest some other player like dhoni..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
By the way, i'm sick of selectors giving Sachin this much rest before WC. He hasn't played a ODI since Feb when he scored 200. Let him play in next series and rest some other player like dhoni..

He plays in the tests which takes more toll on his body. Frankly, he is not as much needed for these ODI series as much as we need him for the World Cup. He will play in the ODI's against SA in SA which will be a dress rehearsal for the WC. He doesnt need to play games in the subcontinent conditions to get used. He has played international cricket for 20+ years and he is a legend! He can start batting on subcontinent wickets like bread and butter.

Users who are viewing this thread