Beta Testers Update Thread

D

Dutch

Okay.......so both Mustafa and Sreekumar are looking to hit along the ground rather than in the air......they are trying to score but trying to find the gaps rather than over the top....Usman is aggressive.......AI have been "told" to use the powerplay, so they are looking to score, but the mentalities are having an effect on how they are looking to score.........of course one swallow doesn't make a Summer (or to paraphrase Stephen Fry: one swallow doesn't make you gay) but the initial finding is positive......but it was clear that they batted very different to yesterday....

@wasteyouryouth
@Langeveldt

20180317090303_1.jpg

20180317090317_1.jpg

20180317090329_1.jpg

20180317090836_1.jpg

D

Dutch

New Zealand v England
Starts Tomorrow
Highlights I’m hoping will be posted here.

3 Match series I’ll document everything and keep playing through the updates!
Great!

Testing anything in particular?

Last edited by a moderator:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have a good ODI on the go at the moment. SA (me) vs Aus (AI). They won the toss and put me in to bat. Grassy Hard Pristine pitch with some cloud cover above.

Finding it extremely difficult to get the quicks away. Lots of ones and twos but fours have been scarce. Only tried to hit six twice so far. One landed just inside the ropes and the other was from a Free Hit and I missed it by a mile. Haha

Partnerships were the key with slow and steady scoring pivotal in establishing any sort of total.

upload_2018-3-21_3-13-27.png

upload_2018-3-21_3-13-50.png

Pros

Feel of cricket is clearly evident. Had to work extremely hard for every single run.
Batsmen find it hard at first but once confidence is up they play better.
Field never changed that much and generally not too bad. (With the odd exception that makes you go what the tweak are the AI thinking.
Timing gradually improved as players got confident and the ball got older.
Sweep shot is a legitimate release shot now, looks and feels better.

Cons

Spinners are way too easy to play. When Zampa came on it was a huge release. Boundaries were a lot easier to hit against him.
Wides, wides, wides. There are still too many wides from bouncers. 23 in total including 2 byes that should have been wides in my opinion.
Sometimes fields didnt make sense. Leg spinner to a leftie. Third man, deep point, short cover and a straight mid on on the boundary but no one on leg side deep or midwicket.

Overall gonna be an interesting one to finish tomorrow. De Kock is set after grinding his way to a gritty 64*, Miller needs to reassert himself in the middle order. Maxwell will probably be the key for the next few overs. He was just brought on as I exited and the way the batters "handle" him will determine the total here.
Intriguing stuff. Stay tuned!!

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Batting on this deck definitely was hard work. Was eventually bowled out in the final over after a mini collapse trying to get the score to the 300 mark.
Lots of edges and legitimate wickets all round. De Kock batted superbly for his 100. Was well needed in the innings. Slow and measured allowing his partners to score freely. But once he perished it was all over.

upload_2018-3-21_23-20-38.png

upload_2018-3-21_23-20-55.png

upload_2018-3-21_23-21-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-21_23-21-37.png
    upload_2018-3-21_23-21-37.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread