Beta Testers Update Thread

D

Dutch

Pro's
AI batting first set up a challenging target.
Spin was more threatening in the second innings
AI chased well but there was control from spinners and they carried threat.
The game ebbed and flowed.
Some nice wickets off spin and a couple of missed chances by the keeper, a beauty LBW.
Spinning out of the rough patches.
No nicks not given
No unfair stumpings

Con's
17th and 18th over test cricket, not throwing the sink
AI batsman can come straight in and tonk it......needs more building up, getting their eye in.....as a human batter I have to do that as well.
There seems to be a pattern of AI scoring 60 in the powerplay and 170 overall.....but I have played the three games with the same teams.
Sometimes you felt the AI had to score a six whatever you would bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

Okay here we are: start of 17th over.....AI requires 24 off 18......7 wickets in hand.......they HAVE to win this from here......

Sigh......they even declined an easy single......

18th .....1
19th .1.11.
20th ....61
They lose by 8 runs.........

Off to glue my controller back together.............

D

Dutch

Okay thank you for watching: please enjoy the patch when it comes out. I for one wont be posting here any more.....I just cannot stand the constant negativity of a number of people in the Ashes discussion thread. They think they have some God given right to criticise anything and everything. Its just not worth it. I will continue to beta test the game in the beta build thread. For those who have tried to engage positively and with a sense of proportion thank you, I am sure you will really enjoy the improvements. Bye.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
England [Me] vs Australia [AI]

Played on Hardest batting, hard bowling and legend

AI chose to bat first..

Initially had to settle for the line and length with the movements on this pitch..

Got an early wicket with Renshaw trying to go over cover but only to time it badly and the ball went high in the air for an easy catch to mid on..

And to my surprise Khawaja tried a quick single dabbing one square when there was only mid wicket..But even a dive couldnt save him and that run costed his wicket..Was very realistic from the point that there was a run there but he was just slower than what was required..

So many balls went leg side more than I would be bowling..But once you get the feel of how it goes you go with it..

At this point AI were 6/2..

Bancroft was holding on with Handscomb coming in..

Here is a moment I just loved..Example of classic seam delivery..

Next wicket was off a proper short ball with batsman playing it early and hitting the bottom of the bat to mid on fielder..Another proper dismissal because of the pitch which was doing too much for all..

These are few dismissals of AI

Inside edges are a thing now which even AI can get out to

Here you can see the seam position and it straightening just enough to get the edge..

Now watch this for a dismissal..I was absolutely stunned when it happened..

And here is another brilliant gameplay instance..

The below delivery looked out to me real time and I instantly appealed but umpire said not out so had a to review

But on review got this..Got the same frustration if I had been in the ground bowling same delivery..

upload_2018-4-3_18-56-1.jpeg

There's great feel to overall gameplay and the varied dismissals just add more flavour to it..

Now onto how tailenders bat..They purely survive...They were just defending me for overs and overs making me to try something different and getting any run possible..There was a phase where there was like 6 overs bowled and AI scored 1 run with a wicket gone in that spell of bowling..This really was refreshing..

AI could only survive 33.4 overs scoring a meager score of 71...

20180403183807_1.jpg

20180403183819_1.jpg

Things to mention:

-Tailenders bat like they should and the sense to survive was great to see..Even in few instances where tailenders werent going anywhere Hazelwood slogged a few deliveries which were wide and there to hit..The balance in their way of scoring was good to see..
-Seam movement played a crucial role..In this pitch movement and pace was important than swing thats the reason I chose to bowl more with hit the pitch hard kind bowlers..
-Dismissals are varied..
-Beating the batsman like they really did not have any clue is another aspect which is good to see..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Now after seeing AI perform like that in a crumbly pitch I felt like thats really low score and AI could have survived longer but boy I was wrong when I came into bat..

First of all to get used to the mechanism of timing and then the movement of seam which was absolutely troubling so much so that was having low runs than the no.of overs bowled...

I was on full on survival mode..

Cook went on with this amazing delivery putting an end to his struggle to connect..

At the end of 10 overs I was 10/1 not kidding at all..:p

Few dismissals when batting..

This one was Root's dismissal and it was the fuller length which made drive but the late dip in swing was too good here..

This one was edged to slips, the pressure of lack of runs gets to you at some point..And it did..

This one is another favourite thing which I have always wanted to happen in cricket game as its the good ol' french cut..:D

And at last the crucial wicket of Stokes who was looking really good and only guy to reach 40s in this match..Got edging to Cummins because it was his fresh spell and his pace got me here..

The pace does get big on you..Spin was really difficult as well because ball was turning square , and a similar delivery got Bairstow who was likely settling down a bit at that time...

I also lost quick wickets just like how AI approached in their innings..I was on 33/4 after 24 overs and then soon losing another to 48/5

Ali and Stokes created the partnership which was really required and that too was broken by Cummins..

upload_2018-4-3_19-32-44.jpeg

The scorecard till now

20180403183822_1.jpg

20180403183824_1.jpg

I would like to mention that I like to play my shots and score all around but this time it was all about getting through the time and spells and making sure to score whenever an opportunity arrives...But when you do connect ball travels really well too..

This was my big wheel at the score of 85+ runs of England team

20180403163010_1.jpg

And the match will continue soon...:D

Hope you guys enjoy..:thumbs

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-3_19-32-36.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-3_19-32-36.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread