BLIC07 Fact List

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This information is gathered from magazines (just 1), press releases, and small pieces of information gathered from codemasters on the forums

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That list sounds/looks great...finnaly more bats and equip besides Kook,Nicholls and Slazenger:)

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
I hope this game is all that codemasters say it is. I didnt buy the ast game but since cric 07 doesnt seem that much better than cric 05 I might just buy BLIC 07. Or should I say YSIC 07?

madmattg

International Cricketer
Have to say im hanging out for the game aswell after EA07 was such a let down and so damn easy.

Lets hope the game prevails were so many are failing.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
This is the constantly updated fact list.

However, I will quote it to you now and say that there won't be much more information until the early in January (or later).

1. Available for the Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 2, and mobile phone.
2. will deliver with online competitive play on PC (LAN and online) and Xbox Live.
3. game will include official ICC Cricket World Cup content, meaning that hundreds of the world's top cricketers will be fully licensed.
4. includes an ICC Champions Trophy competition and exhibition Tests or One-Day matches and exciting 20-over run fests and 1 day test matches.
5. improved, including batting, bowling, and fielding
6. Player likenesses will now be photo-realistic. Hundreds of real player likenesses are being modelled in high detail, complete with animated facial expressions to capture the intensity and emotion of international cricket.
7. Stadia, including all eight official World Cup venues, are also being created with a new level of textured detail and will make use of proprietary shader technology for realistic, subtle and changing lighting effects, such as time of day and weather.
8. possible release Date - March 2007
9. the game will lead with a dedicated ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 mode featuring all the official teams, stadia, kits and equipment of the tournament.
10. batting play will see the introduction of subtle edges, sweepshots and the ability to use your feet to dance down wicket and smash the ball over the boundary for six.
11.Bowling will see improved set of delivery types, thanks to changes in the way the ball swings in the air and reacts off the pitch. We will see huge variation of spinning deliveries raw pace and even reverse swing as the ball degrades.
12. In Fielding, there?s a new reflex-testing slip catch system and players can now be run out at both ends and be stumped by alert wicket keepers.
13. Can Generate innings.
14. Able to run out the computers
15. Licenses have NOT been secured outside the world cup and champions trophy, so we will still be seeing dud names.
16. There is no power - play rule to be implimented in the game
17. Commentary team will be the same as BLIC05.
18. Player Performance is now governed by a series of stats, much like they are in Pro Evo. meaning there is a less chance of McGrath bowling 50kph sitters down the wicket.
19. In the player creation system you will be able to make your man a star from the beginning so you don?t have to build up you stats.
20. There will be a 20/20 mode.
21. There will be an all new coaching mode which will spend plenty of time walking players through the technical terms of cricket, the classic strategies, and the basic skill for batting and bowling.
22. Opponent AI is being improved to include more tactics and strategy meaning batsmen play urgently or conservatively according to the situation.
23. The game will be called:
Ricky Ponying International Cricket - Australia/New Zealand
Yuvraj Singh International Cricket - India. (Only for X-Box360)
Brian Lara International Cricket - Rest of World
24. Hawkeye will be included
25. There is no heath bars
26. Will include enough licensed cricket equipment to fill a sports shop. brands such as MRF, Kookaburra, Dukes, Gray Nicholls, GM (Gunn & Moore), Morrant, Newbery, Slazenger and Albion will be included.
27. Real player stats from Wisden.
28. In BLIC07 the old Career Player mode has been stripped out and replaced with a brand new Custom Player section. This new mode will allow gamers to create up to 16 individually skilled cricketers.
29. No Dive Button
30. Players will have varied speeds in the outfield and while running between wickets
31. Online mode can host up to 16 players
32. ODI?s wont be spoofed as they will be classed as world cup warm ups
33. Sqaud numbers are to be the same as the actual world cup squads.
34. No health/stanima bars.
35. No classic matches
36. No airbourne ground shots as of yet.
37. Offline multiplayer up to four players on ps2.
38. ONLINE MODE

On Xbox 360, Xbox Live gameplay will deliver multiplayer tournaments, including the ICC World Cup 2007 and ICC Champions Trophy 2006, leagues, exhibition and warm up matches. Xbox Live leader boards and specific achievements, such as scoring a century, or winning a match at every ground in the game, will enable players to gain gaming points. Less scrupulous players will also be able to ?sledge? their opponents over Xbox Live voice chat, adding a touch of psychology to proceedings and immersing the player deeper still into the match experience. Or you could just chat politely about the weather.
On PC, Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 will support LAN games and online play, again offering multiplayer leagues, tournaments such as the ICC World Cup 2007 and ICC Champions Trophy 2006, exhibition and warm up matches.
On both Xbox 360 and PC, up to 16-player simultaneous multiplayer tournaments will be possible, including the ICC-licensed events. Should you wish to just sit back and take in a game, there?s even a feature that enables up to eight spectators to watch an intense game of cricket develop before them.
Online mode will work with the ICC Champions Trophy Mode and World Cup 2007 mode especially well.

more will come...

christy_lenin

Club Captain
it will be lot more better if the mistimed ground shots were caught and i like to know whether their is front & back foots shot selection

manee

Chairman of Selectors
There will not be mistimed ground shots, but I believe that the same effect may occur from lofted shots played off a length.

I do not think there will be front foot or backfoot shot selection in the game, but this is not confirmed.

Regarding generating innings, only 1 over can be generated at a time which could become very tedious indeed, but is much better than not having the feature at all.

Last edited:

RIPPA MATE

Club Cricketer
manee said:
Regarding generating innings, only 1 over can be generated at a time which could become very tedious indeed, but is much better than not having the feature at all.

only 1 over or 1 innings is what RG said, but he also said the guys at codies are looking into it

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I like the one over thing. We can do a career style thing then when bowling, only bowling with our bowler :)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I really liked the option to autoplay until the end of a session in Cricket 2002. I can't see why it was dropped.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
That list gives me a lot of hope for this release. Delighted at the new stat system because we all know that the comprehensive lists of stats is what makes Pro Evo the beast of a game that it is.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
evertonfan said:
That list gives me a lot of hope for this release. Delighted at the new stat system because we all know that the comprehensive lists of stats is what makes Pro Evo the beast of a game that it is.

Ok without trying to sound like a complete dumbass - what exactly does this stat system entail? Ive never played Pro Evo so i dont know what the comparison relates to...

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Pro Evo has about 25 ability statistics for each player to distinguish one from another.

Users who are viewing this thread