IPL Brian Lara to play in IPL next year?

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I know it's tempting but please don't do it Brian, please. Let us remember you for the fantastic batsmen and ambassador for the sport your were. Don't join this circus......

Word out..

Robelinda

International Coach
Dunno about this one. Lara didnt do so well in the ICL, but no reason why he couldnt play IPL at least for a season, but I dont think he'd be in the form of his life or anything, he seemed to just slog in the ICL.

P

pcfan123

I wonder if the owners really even care if the teams win as long as the tickets are sold. Lara will be a ticket selling maniac for sure.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am 100% sure that the owners wont care if the team doesnt win as long as they are in the profits. I would be very surprised if any of the teams are in it for the sport.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I read in newspaper yesterday that Brian Lara said that he hasn't played cricket for a while but he needs to at his best in a high stage competition like IPL. So he is more unlikely to take part in IPL 4

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I read in newspaper yesterday that Brian Lara said that he hasn't played cricket for a while but he needs to at his best in a high stage competition like IPL. So he is more unlikely to take part in IPL 4

He has so much time to get into training and get himself match fit for the next IPL which is a year away from now.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He has so much time to get into training and get himself match fit for the next IPL which is a year away from now.

But he said that. Do you read TOI? He said he is unlikely to participate in IPL 4.

King Cricket

International Coach
Can't Modi just let the retired cricketers live in peace? Does he really have to lure them into playing in his league by dangling dollars?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Hmm. Why not, Brian? I'm sure you've always been up for challenges. This should be an interesting one. :clap

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Modi is not begging for Lara to participate. Even if Lara doesnt participate, IPL will keep growing. Its just that one more legendary cricketer in the league will enhance its reputation and will bring more excitement. I would personally love to see Lara play in the IPL. HE'S A CHAMP!

Users who are viewing this thread