IPL Brian Lara to play in IPL next year?

satyam

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
^ :laugh, looks like we found the neg repper.

The IPL gets quite boring, its not fun watching ads all the time, i won't be interest until the later stages of the competition.
Brian Lara, if he plays in the IPL he would really,really suck on his day he was unpredictable. but if somehow he is in form his cover drives would be great to watch.

It is all personal opinion. For me the most boring thing is watching England team batting. Alistair cook and Andrew strauss are the most boring test openers at present:laugh:laugh

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
Cricket is a sport, it's not for entertainment, it's not for the enjoyment of Mr Satyam here, it's a sport. People represent there country and they play, the way they should play, for there country, they don't give a crap if some stupid kid in India is watching them and falling asleep, they play for there country and for pride.

P.S - Dutch and Tom :hpraise

satyam

School Cricketer
Cricket is a sport, it's not for entertainment, it's not for the enjoyment of Mr Satyam here, it's a sport. People represent there country and they play, the way they should play, for there country, they don't give a crap if some stupid kid in India is watching them and falling asleep, they play for there country and for pride.

P.S - Dutch and Tom :hpraise

Similarly IPL is a indian domestic tournament. No one gives a crap about some ****** in Australia or England whether they like it or not. They should restict their opinion to themselves.

satyam

School Cricketer
Why it should never been given a window in the International cricket calendar.

Forget about giving IPL a window, organise a world cup without India.It is not 1975. ICC will turn bankrupt if India decides not to participate in a ICC event.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
From our correspondent:

Not surprisingly they both showed more foot work than Mathew Haydn. Mr Bradman was however incensed when told he only got 20 overs: "What do ya mean, twenty overs, what kind of joke is that? It's over when I am out!" His demeanor and glare were such that the umpires carried on: the first Twenty20 game to run for five days. Mr Grace was fined half his match fee after three consecutive balls were lost in his beard.

:laugh Probably would have been more likely that Grace would have made a comment like that, not Bradman. Have heard a great story of Grace playing in a game fairly late in his career in-front of a packed crowd and a young seam bowler coming in and clean bowling Grace first ball. Grace simply turned around, put the bails back up on the stumps and said to the young bowler "they're here to watch me bat son, not you bowl" and continued his innings. What a man.

As for Lara. I'd actually like to see him play in the IPL. It's not a competition that should be taken seriously anyway, get another legend in there, I'd be interested in seeing BCL batting again. If Abishek Jhunjhunwala can score consistent runs in the competition, then I'm sure Lara'll be fine.

P

pcfan123

Is that how we want to remember the legends of cricket though? Playing woefully past their prime to make a quick buck? Would leave a bitter taste if the last the world saw of legends like Lara were short mickey mouse innings that he struggled in.

Just my opinion, I prefer legends to retire so people ask "why did you" and not "why didn't you"

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Well,Brian was no good for the Mumbai Champs about 2 years back.
I don't see him getting any better after getting older by 2 years.:laugh

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
There is speculation that Brian Charles Lara will be Pune's captain. :p

rocky_g

International Cricketer
It is with interest I read the countless post and comments at the news that Brian Charles Lara, (no need to list out accolades here) "might" feature in the next IPL season, IPL 4. While I respect the views of one and all, I can't help but see the true nature of this sports forum and the number of teen users, based on their comments!!

The question here is not Lara's age or ability, some of us, not all knows what he is capable of and even Lara himself is fully aware of the requirements to be a force in the IPL and I quote "The standard of cricket being played in the IPL is pretty high, so I need to be on the top of my game before I think of joining." (Lara).

When the IPL was established it was with the foresight of bring, retired, current and persons that never played at the international level together, share knowledge and entertain, this in my mind should put to rest the comment of being a "veterans league" or bring people back from the dead, it was never established solely for the current players of International cricket!

Next "reality check", the IPL was not developed just for the sake of playing Twenty20 cricket, it is for PROFIT, and lots of it, face it, some teams are owned or co-owned by persons and groups that are known for their wealth and money, not cricketing knowledge, Forbes online term the IPL as "sports business" and it listed by them as the 4th Hottest sporting properties, the IPL more than anything is a business, a very profitable one and the already rich owners are never and will never be satisfied with enough profits, thus the name of Brian Charles Lara, it will sell tickets, merchandise, more television space and rights, and every other aspects of that business that will make money.

Lara may or may not feature, and if he does he may or may not play, however if he does I wish him well and while his part in the IPL might have little to no impact on West Indies cricket, the IPL might just corner another market in the Caribbean, namely Trinidad and Guyana because of the large Indian population, again more money and profits because that is what it is all about.
And for those who think he will get into it for the money, so what, who would not, every big name England, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, West Indies, did I miss any, oh and Indian player that is in the IPL is in it for the money, in fact current well known international players are even calling for ICC to create a "window" and schedule the IPL as part of it matches annually, if am not mistaken, the IPL pays based on the number of matches one actually plays, I wonder that is the reason a "window" is being asked for by current players. Symonds must have been a happy man when he was dumped by his Board back then.

So Brian Lara in the IPL just means more money, for ALL, including Lara, who by the way is not without monies of his own, thanks to his many investments and endorsements. Like I said if he does play it would be great to see for me, many West Indians and am sure by countless many out there in the world of cricket!
Good post. I completely agree with your post. And i also want to see Brian Charles Lara play not for money though. :pAnd i know if he decides to make a comeback Mumbai Indians will be the first one to bid for him.

What a team that will be. Sachin and Lara playing together. :hpraise

Users who are viewing this thread