IPL Brian Lara to play in IPL next year?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Modi is not begging for Lara to participate. Even if Lara doesnt participate, IPL will keep growing. Its just that one more legendary cricketer in the league will enhance its reputation and will bring more excitement. I would personally love to see Lara play in the IPL. HE'S A CHAMP!

Sai has spoken :clap

D

Dutch

Some people are pathetic. I received an anonymous neg rep because I called the IPL a circus. Good God, whoever you are have the balls to say who you are at least and remember a forum is a place for people to discuss different opinions. You are just sad really.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Some people are pathetic. I received an anonymous neg rep because I called the IPL a circus. Good God, whoever you are have the balls to say who you are at least and remember a forum is a place for people to discuss different opinions. You are just sad really.

Not much wrong with saying that. Too many kids on these forums.

Params7

International Cricketer
That's what you get with these "rep" systems. Its stupid, if you disagree with what majority of forums agree on you will have nothing but neg rep points even though you're making a valid point.

P

pcfan123

Yea but I thought it was a general rule that no one neg reps dutchy :) He is just too lovable.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lara playing in the IPL, nooooooo. He looked horrible in the ICL, and he hasn't played for ages after that. He'll be a shadow of himself, much like Warne and Martyn in the current edition.

Highlander999

ICC President
News Flash: Modi digs up Bradman's corpse and sticks it at the non-strikers end with WG Grace at the other end........

Gurjot95

National Board President
yeah, there are many people who just agrees to majority and gives neg rep to whoever disagrees. I myself receive neg rep for saying truth. They can't tolerate that they are wrong and give neg reps to others. I think that's the only way they can prove themselves true. They dont have balls to give reason or even write their name while giving neg reps. BTW I have never gave anyone neg reps because I respect everyone opinion. If I disagrees with someone than it doesn't mean I will neg rep him!!

WestIndian

vBookie Team
It is with interest I read the countless post and comments at the news that Brian Charles Lara, (no need to list out accolades here) "might" feature in the next IPL season, IPL 4. While I respect the views of one and all, I can't help but see the true nature of this sports forum and the number of teen users, based on their comments!!

The question here is not Lara's age or ability, some of us, not all knows what he is capable of and even Lara himself is fully aware of the requirements to be a force in the IPL and I quote "The standard of cricket being played in the IPL is pretty high, so I need to be on the top of my game before I think of joining." (Lara).

When the IPL was established it was with the foresight of bring, retired, current and persons that never played at the international level together, share knowledge and entertain, this in my mind should put to rest the comment of being a "veterans league" or bring people back from the dead, it was never established solely for the current players of International cricket!

Next "reality check", the IPL was not developed just for the sake of playing Twenty20 cricket, it is for PROFIT, and lots of it, face it, some teams are owned or co-owned by persons and groups that are known for their wealth and money, not cricketing knowledge, Forbes online term the IPL as "sports business" and it listed by them as the 4th Hottest sporting properties, the IPL more than anything is a business, a very profitable one and the already rich owners are never and will never be satisfied with enough profits, thus the name of Brian Charles Lara, it will sell tickets, merchandise, more television space and rights, and every other aspects of that business that will make money.

Lara may or may not feature, and if he does he may or may not play, however if he does I wish him well and while his part in the IPL might have little to no impact on West Indies cricket, the IPL might just corner another market in the Caribbean, namely Trinidad and Guyana because of the large Indian population, again more money and profits because that is what it is all about.
And for those who think he will get into it for the money, so what, who would not, every big name England, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, West Indies, did I miss any, oh and Indian player that is in the IPL is in it for the money, in fact current well known international players are even calling for ICC to create a "window" and schedule the IPL as part of it matches annually, if am not mistaken, the IPL pays based on the number of matches one actually plays, I wonder that is the reason a "window" is being asked for by current players. Symonds must have been a happy man when he was dumped by his Board back then.

So Brian Lara in the IPL just means more money, for ALL, including Lara, who by the way is not without monies of his own, thanks to his many investments and endorsements. Like I said if he does play it would be great to see for me, many West Indians and am sure by countless many out there in the world of cricket!

D

Dutch

News Flash: Modi digs up Bradman's corpse and sticks it at the non-strikers end with WG Grace at the other end........

From our correspondent:

Not surprisingly they both showed more foot work than Mathew Haydn. Mr Bradman was however incensed when told he only got 20 overs: "What do ya mean, twenty overs, what kind of joke is that? It's over when I am out!" His demeanor and glare were such that the umpires carried on: the first Twenty20 game to run for five days. Mr Grace was fined half his match fee after three consecutive balls were lost in his beard.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
At the whole i ll end this saying it's just to attract more crowds eventually it means "Money"

Interestingly he "might" feature and showed some interest :rtfl

no offense just a jk

satyam

School Cricketer
IPL is a circus, bring on the neg rep you coward

Ashes is a circus and shane warne the most over-rated spinner of all time. He used to take cheap wickets against clueless english batsmen and used to forget all variations against India

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
^ :laugh, looks like we found the neg repper.

The IPL gets quite boring, its not fun watching ads all the time, i won't be interest until the later stages of the competition.
Brian Lara, if he plays in the IPL he would really,really suck on his day he was unpredictable. but if somehow he is in form his cover drives would be great to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread