Bug Reporting Thread - PS4/Xbox One

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Platform: PS4
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0408 (North America version)
Game Mode: Casual
Match Type: Tests
Teams used: Ind (OOB) vs Aus (AI)
Ground: OOB (WACA)
Over Count: N/A
Issue: Incorrect User Stats
Bug description: I played a Test match as Ind against Aus (AI) at the WACA stadium and after the match was completed I noticed the user batting stats recorded incorrectly. I completed the Test in two sittings (saved and resumed). The user batting stats only recorded the runs I scored after I resumed the game and finished the match. The runs scored by me before the resume (in the first sitting) were not recorded in the user stats. Considering cricket matches take a long time and you don't expect matches to be completed in a single sitting, user stats seem to be broken.

adam29233

School Cricketer
Platform: Xbox One
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0406 (updated today)
Game Mode: Ashes
Match Type: Test
Teams used: Australia vs England
Ground: Adelaide Oval
Issue (one line description):
Stumping issue with classic batting controls when leaving a ball
Bug description (detail): Using classic controls while batting, the batsman's footwork when leaving a ball causes him to leave the crease for no reason resulting in a stumping. The patch seemed to fix the stumping/return to crease issue in all cases except pressing the leave button on classic controls (the bug doesn't occur when leaving a ball on standard controls).

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0407
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: Club One-Day
Teams used: Scarborough v LEEDS
Ground: Scarborough Basin
Over Count: 15.5
Issue (one line description): Commentary/Run Out
Bug description (detail): Was on strike but non-striker got run out running to keeper's end. Commentator said "Morris (That's me) has had his innings cut short etc") but obviously it was the non-striker who was out.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Game Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Teams used: N/A
Ground
Over Count:
Issue (one line description): Pad away missing
Bug description (detail): Pad away is shown on the control list but is missing from the game, Leave and defensive will just result in a leave rather than pad away.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0408 (North America version)
Match Type: Tests and Odis
Teams used: N/A (Multiple OOB teams used)
Ground: N/A (Multiple OOB stadiums used)
Issue: Batting way too easy and batting gameplay modifiers don't seem to make a difference
Bug description: I've played multiple matches since the latest patch (1.06) and have found the batting simply too easy on Hardest difficulties and have found that majority of batting modifiers don't make a difference at all. After cruising to easy 8 or 9 wkt wins I decided to ramp up the difficulty and set Gameplay modifiers as follows (Shot Timing - 65, Ball Quality Influence - 100, Footwork - 100, Shot Difficulty Choice - 100). I then proceeded to play a Test and a few odis and I didn't see any difference at all with the sliders ramped up. I was able to get to 700+ for 4 or 5 wkts against Aus on a supposedly green wkt at WACA and lost interest. Then I played a odi against Eng. i simulated Eng's batting and was given a target of 354 to chase. I did so within 27 overs for the loss of 5 (or maybe 6) wkts where I kept on slogging and playing lofted shots without any penalty whatsoever. I initially thought that maybe the gameplay modifiers were not having an affect so I increased the "Ball Marker Display Time" to see whether it changed and sure enough it did thus proving the modifiers were effective but as far as gameplay goes they could very well have been set to 0.

This is a huge item for me, and I'm assuming for other folks who prefer a realistic or sim (simulation) experience. At the moment the game is almost like Stick cricket with barely an edge. I understand the need to be accessible to cater to casuals and attract newbies but it should not be at the cost of realistic gameplay experience. To me this is a game breaking bug as batting in cricket without risk& reward and barely any edges goes against the basic fundamentals of the game of cricket. I really do hope you address this lack of balance between bat and ball coz at the moment it's not cricket.

Edit: As an example here's a sample video of my gameplay experience. Please note the gameplay batting sliders are turned on and that I'm batting on a green & soft pitch in overcast conditions. Yet I'm able to score 50 in 2 overs on the first morning of a Test in supposedly Hard/Hardest difficulty...

Last edited:

Umerfarooq89

School Cricketer
Game Version: v0.1.06
Game Mode: Any
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Any
Over Count: Any
Issue (one line description): .... Batsman is not returning to crease and gets stummped.
On imperial setting speed issue, fielder looking other way and catching.
Bug description (detail): ..... Batsman is not returning after playing as he gets out on stumping. Its very annoying settle batsman get out on cruisal time.
When a fast bowler bowling the speed goes on 140mph which is impossible. Even you playing any match.
Fielder is catching the ball even looking other way.
When you update team and play any match with any team it messed up player face. It only happens with brown and black skin players. It doesnt happen with white skin player.

zayno

Club Captain
Game Version: v0.1.0.1.0406
Match Type: T20
Teams used: multiple
Ground: multiple
Over Count: no specific point.
Issue (one line description):
frame rate in night matches and laggy ball movement in fielding 1 running camera
Bug description (detail): after the update, i am still encountering frame rate issues in night matches as well as jerky ball motions when running camera is set to fielding 1 . the jerky ball motion is also in the afternoon matches as well on fielding 1 running camera. but when playing a game and starting at 12pm or 10 am there is no issues with frame rates and ball motions.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Game Mode: Ashes test series.
Match Type: Test match.
Teams used: Default teams - Aus (User) - Eng AI
Ground: WACA
Over Count: 53
Bug description (detail): There was clear edge but can't appeal

There was a clean edge to the keeper even the nick sound was clear and I can't appeal and bowler immediately went to bowl the next delivery. A similar instance happened when I was bowling as Lyon. This issue was there before this patch and still continues.

Over Count: 24.3
Bug description (detail):
Both the batsmen on the same end

Again this was there early and I faced it today with the new patch. Looks like the batsman thinks it's going for boundary and later decides to take a run

This is the 3rd match of the Ashes test series which I started in the last patch and continued bowling after the new patch was installed.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Over Count: Any
Bug description (detail):
spinners can't rub the ball

Spinners not rubbing the ball at all. Before the patch, they did it occasionally. After the new patch I never saw them rub the ball even once.

Undertaker1982

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Game Mode: competion
Match Type: T20
Teams used: multiple
Ground: multiple
Issue (one line description):When choosing host nation it chooses any random country
Bug description (detail): I select India as host nation but South Africa is the host nation and the country changes every time you start a t20 world cup

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Game Mode: Competition (Custom)
Match Type: Test (Day/Night)
Teams used: Ireland v England
Ground: Malahide
Over Count: 18.3, Day One Session 3 (Second innings of the match, Ireland's first)
Issue (one line description): Edge not given
Bug description (detail): Kevin O'Brien edged off Roland-Jones to Moeen at gully. It did the circle with an X inside and I caught the ball. Replays show ball clearly carried. I appealed but nothing happened. Slats said something about batsman taking a chunk out of it but no appeal. Previously this happened (Pre new patch) to me off the last ball of an over and I wondered if that was part of the problem but this was mid-over. Obviously some catches are just given without appealing and some dismissals work when appealing but TR-J doesn't seem to get the rub of the green for me!

Numayer

School Cricketer
Game Mode: All
Match Type: All
Teams used: Aus vs Eng, (also tried others)
Ground: random
Issue (one line description): Co-op batting in broadcast camera
Bug description (detail): The inverted controls doesn't work in Co-op. Tried using guest account as well as signed in from two different accounts. Furthermore there is another issue in running between the wicket. When one player calls for a run and other doesn't respond, then the bowler/wicketkeeper doesn't take the bails off and game is stuck.[DOUBLEPOST=1513509289][/DOUBLEPOST]Platform: Xbox One
Game Mode: All
Match Type: All
Teams used: Australia V England (also tried others)
Ground: random
Issue (one line description): Shot animation wrong.
Bug description (detail): The intended to Reverse sweep but the batsman plays A paddle Scoop but the ball would go in the direction of Reverse sweep (third man), also a handful of other shots have this irritating feature.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Game Mode: Competition (Custom)
Match Type: Test (Day/Night)
Teams used: Ireland v England
Ground: Malahide
Over Count: 28.00, Day Two Session 3 (Second innings of the match, Ireland's first)
Issue (one line description): Nighttime at 2pm
Bug description (detail): Day One ended when it said three overs left but it's pitch black at 2pm on Day Two. Wasn't like this on Day One. Admittedly it's very cloudy so dark but pretty sure it's nighttime.

Edit: Having saved the match then gone back in, it's reverted to being actual daytime/daylight midway through the second session.

Last edited:

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Teams used: Australia V England (me)
Ground: Gabba
Issue (one line description): Batsman drags feet outside on on-drive, causes run out.
Bug description (detail): Batsman(AI at the time) drags feet outside on (at least) on-drive. Mid on can run the striker out even when there is no run attempted.

Video against spin: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApbkP0TvencMd9523v0BSev9n3E
Video against pace: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApbkP0TvencMe-pBokjCiOv7SO8

Last edited:

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Teams used: Australia V England (me)
Ground: Gabba
Issue (one line description): One of the batsman doesn't run.
Bug description (detail): One of the batsman doesn't run until very late.

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!ApbkP0TvencMeqik91cSv1pqEwU

Users who are viewing this thread